JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am super guilty of getting caught up in consumerism. I think the dieting I have been doing is making me question the wisdom of that consumerism. I was eating more and got bigger, so I ate even more and got even bigger, like economies grow. At some point that would have personally ended up in a bad way as a body can only grow so big before major destruction occurs. Eating at a deficit is like a recession for my body. Once I get where I want to be, I need to keep my body's Growth Domestic Product right at maintenance. Financially, I am planning on scaling back in the consumerism area. I will keep my banger car for as long as possible and cut back on other spending. I have already scaled way back on eating out but I can tighten up the grocery spending a bit more. I am going to try and eat more plant based products too where it's economical and fits in with my diet goals. Driving less is also a goal for me.

My late Mom had several miscarriages.

She and my late Dad adopted my older brother as a toddler. Later on, they adopted my older sister as a baby. They came from 2 different backgrounds, 2 different birth mothers and 2 different orphanages. New York - WW2 era.

She got pregnant with me and I was born in the summer of 1950. No one could believe that she would be able to 'carry me' due to her medical history.

I was a premature baby - C section born - her LIFE and/or my life. HIGH risk for my late Mom - very high risk. So she had the C section.

They thought that I would die or she would miscarry me during her pregnancy.

I weighed LESS than 2.5 pounds but a bit over 2.25 pounds when born. I am pretty sure that I got that right. It was some record at the time.

I was in an incubator and fed with an NG tube. NO other HEROIC measures or surgery were given to me. Back then, they did not know that too much oxygen in incubators caused blindness in many babies. My nearsightedness comes from my Mom's side of the family and not from the machine. Rx eyeglasses @ 5 years old for me.

My late 'Aunt' Catherine (NOT a blood relative.) who was my late Mom's BEST friend until my Mom died at barely 49 years old of cancer and our family lawyer (Fairly famous in her own right.) told my Mom that I would be born and live a good life. Mom was worried and AC told her, "So is it going to be Catherine Frances or Frances Catherine?!" LOL

I personally believe that people should MAKE a decision about having children or not BEFORE they marry. And do they want to adopt or get pregnant or do both?

After the fact, get sterilized if you don't want any more children or if you choose not to continue to use birth control.

I do believe in birth control or getting sterilized. I think that over population is a HUGE problem in this world. But according to the statistics we need more people BORN to keep the SS ponzi scheme going (USA) as was already stated too.

ONE way to keep a sane BUDGET, get a grip on what people were forced to pay into SS already and to be fiscally responsible is to CUT OUT all of the pork barrel spending and the warmongers ideas (BS wars/conflicts.) on the L and on the R and put ALL of that extra money where it belongs - stateside.

How about putting working and retired Americans, their families and LEGAL immigrants that choose to become citizens honestly first for a change? NOT false or salami talk from the CON artists on the right and left but the REAL DEAL that is actually followed through?

No more Crazy Land - No more Senile Land!

Cate

Last Edited:
I am not an enviro-nut or climate change fanboi but I do believe there are too many people in this world. We are sucking up resources and polluting our environments with chemicals, particulates, garbage, radiation, light, noise, pavement, etc, etc, etc. Populations around the globe continue to achieve higher standards of living which results in more extraction of resources and more pollution. Traffic in urban areas is nuts, who knows where all the garbage goes. Medical advancements are keeping people alive for longer and some countries are expected to have population explosions over the coming decades. I can't comprehend how the planet is going to continue to provide increasing amounts of natural resources for increasing populations?

Our garbage can is shared by about a dozen people and it looks like this every week.

View attachment 1200568
1A471BB9-F3AB-434D-AD0F-B7D62C2E0D11.png

Noooo, too easy of a way out. Let him feel life slipping away and then the sudden panic of regret, only to know it is bye-bye now.

I am fine with that.

Could we use the extra sheets to drag him down a gravel road at slow speed, just enough to help him enjoy the bumps and road rash?....

I did my part with no children

So in 10 generations that means 2046 ancestors on average that wont be born now.
1300 lbs a year in trash per person, 80 years average ~96000 metric tons of trash not produced.
CO2 footprint for the 10th generation is about 9.4 million metric tons of co2 not produced because of my sacrifice.

So if one more Bill Gates or Harrison Ford private-jet-flying A-holes tells me to get a Prius I might just start a rain forest on fire.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top