JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you referring to the enthusiast who has dozens of short firearm and knife videos on YouTube? "nutnfancy" has posted many truly useful gun and shooting evaluation vids, so if you can bear the nickname, check them out......................elsullo :s0155:

i have checked it out and yes his reviews are pretty good at face value. I haven't watched all his content but from what i gather he is an ex officer, preaching all chl holders are guardians of the "sheeple" masses. i don't know his stance on ccw badges but most of his rhetoric seems to be in favor. But yeah his reviews are pretty cool! :s0155:

The term ASSAULT WEAPONS: ....and the problem we have today -legislatively speaking- was caused by our OWN: the gun industry and gun lovers. With the first production of the Mac 10's or 11's came onto the market [maybe 30+ yrs ago or maybe it just seem like 30 yrs ago] ALL THE FREAKING GUN magazine writers went bonkers in their write up about these new MAC'S and the term assault weapons surfaced... and now the words ASSAULT WEAPON has become a burden to all of us.......Two eye opening words to sell a magazine...

Then again another word BOON DOGGLE: BLACK TALON....

Don't ya just love it when we keep shooting ourselves in the foot....

ASSAULT WEAPON-just about my biggest problem- i was showing a guy my browning bar,when he finely looked up at me, and asked, so this would actualy be considered an assault weapon ? -some people out there just associate a semi-auto as an assault weapon,and i do feel that this comes from the media themselves-if the gun is all black,this makes matters worse-kinda like most red cars are the fastest-GO FIGURE !!
steven

It really bothers me when looking through the classifieds and you see a WASR-10 for 750, or DPMS AR's for 1100... or my personal favorite.. the single shot break action shotguns for 200 bucks... or hi-points for 220...
Oh, I try to restrain myself but I end up PM-ing people every now and then with what they might reasonable expect for their firearm.

"Clip" is my biggest pet peev.

Giving a gun some hyphenated girls name.
My wife named her Sig "Queen Rose". I then confiscated said handgun.

A "bubba'd" Enfield iis not worth $300.
An unspoilt Enfield is not worth $500.
A Mosin is not worth more than $100.
A used Glock is not worth $500

Being offered unlisted trades. Really, if you can't follow the requirements in my add I'm not giving you a gun.

Last Edited:
Assault "________"
"_______" Loophole
"Shot it once"
"Like New"
"Custom ______" (the blank is something you can buy off the shelf)

I guess I'd have to say it is "billet" when describing gun parts. As a production machinist for many decades who is responsible for making untold hundreds of thousands of parts I personally have never, not once, made anything out of actual billet. We make parts from barstock mostly. A billet is generally a large product of the rolling mills that is the "Father" of many finished engineering products, plate, sheet and bar, both round and square also rectangular. Very seldom do most machine shops ever even have a section of a billet on site.
Exceptions might be companies that make large parts like Boeing's wing spars.

Generally it is used by people who are either too ignorant to know that, or are salesmen pandering to such people hoping to retire early.

i have checked it out and yes his reviews are pretty good at face value. I haven't watched all his content but from what i gather he is an ex officer, preaching all chl holders are guardians of the "sheeple" masses. i don't know his stance on ccw badges but most of his rhetoric seems to be in favor. But yeah his reviews are pretty cool! :s0155:

I bleev he's a retired USAF C-130 pilot. Not a high speed operator type, though he likes dressing up in full battle ninja garb and doing some fun looking run & gun shooting. Only real gripe I can take from his vids, they are all feature-length o_O He'll take 30 minutes to tell you how his breakfast was. FYI, I've never seen anything promoting CCW badges ;)

As for the actual topic...

"Crack shot" - this one drives me batty. I have never once met someone who describes themselves as a crack shot that could hit a 5 lb coffee can at 5 paces in 5 shots, from a 12 guage with birdshot and a blunderbuss like muzzle device. :rolleyes: I used to work with a martian who every day would blather on about his prowess with blades, firearms, and empty hand combat. This same schmuck would always say "I'm a crack shot, I could hit you between the eyes at a hundred yards with my point 4 0 Cougar" (his favorite, and probably only real gun, was a Stoeger Cougar .40) - he also would say stupid crap like "point four zero" or "point three eight" instead of "40 caliber" or "38 caliber" or even just "40" or "38". Metric calibers were just as annoying "nine millimeter" was too much, I guess, because he would say "nine m m." God forbid you try talking about a rifle caliber...

Clip vs mag gets old

Assault weapon describing anything but select fire military small arms.

"smokepole" bugs me for some reason, can't really explain why.

"Ceramic Glock" is also one that I just roll my eyes and face palm when I hear someone speak of such a unicorn as if it's real. I think I would like a coffee cup with a Glock Logo though, to show people. Tell 'em they can't touch it, because they couldn't afford to replace it if they dropped it and broke it cuz it cost more than they make in a month...

"Service revolver" - there might be 10 cops still walking around the US with a revolver on their hip as a "service weapon" - but the media loooooves this term, and will describe a Glock 17 as a "service revolver." If your job is to write semi-factual news articles for a living, they could at least get terminology and facts right. Seriously, I don't think that's too much to ask...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top