JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The ambient to heated compartment in the cold temps is gonna cause the steel to sweat. Not good.
Are you referring to the steel of the rifle? As the top is all Aluminum. I am planning on a layer of Ensolite insulation against the ceiling of the rifle safe. Which should cut down on sweating. Also a heated Willys jeep interior is mostly just a vague idea.

I have a walk in closet in the middle of the house
temp stays in the mid 60s and humidity stable at 40%, even with outside humidity at 98%
have rifle cases for trips outside, but keep all my firearms in racks and open shelves
lock on the closet to qualify for secure storage

I have a walk in closet in the middle of the house
temp stays in the mid 60s and humidity stable at 40%, even with outside humidity at 98%
have rifle cases for trips outside, but keep all my firearms in racks and open shelves
lock on the closet to qualify for secure storage
Low humidity can contribute to cracking of a walnut stock. Is 40% in the "ideal" zone? Curious since humidity where I'm at is closer to 55-60% on average

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top