JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely got to be "Assault Weapon" when referring to semi auto detachable magazine rifles...I run into people all the time who throw the term around and claim to know how to turn one full auto "in no time" while spewing simple anti gun arguments around...To much watching night time TV "experts" if you ask me...
These same people always back pedal when I tell them that I have a semi auto civilian AKM that they are welcome to come and demonstrate how to turn it "full auto". Of course if some one shows up at my house with riveting tools and a drill to punch metal and a new fire control group I will be the one back peddling :p (cant have some one fudging up my rife now can I and I surly can not afford the tax stamps to get that work done let alone the ammo I would need to by to keep that thing fed)
-A

I will usually accept just about anything, unless using a particular term confuses the issue. For instance, asking about clips for a gun with removeable magazines may or may not be correct terminology. I have clips for loading M1 Carbine magazines, so if someone asks about Carbine clips, are they asking about clips, or magazines?
People want to add a magwell to their semi-auto pistol, when what they mean, is they want to add a magwell funnel to the magwell. Since I know the gun was made with a magwell, it's obvious that they're talking about adding a funnel, so there's not really an issue.
I suppose making up a name for something with a well-known name is also high on my list of irritating gun terms. Some guy was concerned about the link on his 1911 barrel, and rather than refer to a diagram to get the correct name, he decided it was (and I am not kidding) the "lower barrel lug swivel pin plate".

The one that always gets me are the guys making the offer to an Ad "cash in hand". :huh: As apposed to what? Like you're supposed to jump on his low ball offer because he has cash in hand? Sorry to be the bearer of reality but cash in hand is what every buyer has or they are not a buyer!

the other day i was in the bedroom tinkering with the crooked front sight on my AK build i did a while back, and my grilfreind walks in. She's seen em all but don't remember one from the other...guess it looked like the sks.... and says "is that the SK-47"?

The one that always gets me are the guys making the offer to an Ad "cash in hand". :huh: As apposed to what? Like you're supposed to jump on his low ball offer because he has cash in hand? Sorry to be the bearer of reality but cash in hand is what every buyer has or they are not a buyer!

Sorry for the big delay on this one.....but after much deliberation......this is the winner in my mind. Who cares if you have cash in your hand..I could give a crap if you have cash in your hand or not. you can take your piece of %^$&* low ball offer and cram it up your ^*%.
Man this one really goes thru the skin.....I see it on outdoortraders people offering 200 bucks for a gun.."cash in hand" ohhhhhh ahhhhhh
get lost.

"Cash In hand" is better than cash in buttcrack or worse.
I think a couple of my most hated is terms like "kentucky windage" or "slab sides" and when people name the deer they kill like "ol' mossy horn" etc. Man I sound like a grouch.

I've actually had several non-firearm sales fall through after the guy says something like "well, I don't actually have the cash on me, how hard is it to get $1000 out of an atm?" and then it ends up falling through because he doesn't have enough money.

Some people also show up with like $50 less than your asking price, and they use it as a bargaining tool. If someone says "cash in hand" I know they at least have (hopefully) the asking price in cash on them.

the other day i was in the bedroom tinkering with the crooked front sight on my AK build i did a while back, and my grilfreind walks in. She's seen em all but don't remember one from the other...guess it looked like the sks.... and says "is that the SK-47"?

Duuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you griping about? You are in the bedroom tinkering with a firearm and she didn't freak out? You are complaining about her uneducated guess of what you are playing with in the bedroom? She is trying to take an interest in your hobbies, so not cool bagging on her in a public forum. Not cool Bro!

This thread was started because too many self proclaimed know it all's go around using "gun lingo" like they are the direct descendent of Elmer Keith himself. Calling out mall ninja's for who are they... that is funny. Embarrassing your girl friend because she is trying to learn, not cool. You owe her man.

SF-

Duuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you griping about? You are in the bedroom tinkering with a firearm and she didn't freak out? You are complaining about her uneducated guess of what you are playing with in the bedroom? She is trying to take an interest in your hobbies, so not cool bagging on her in a public forum. Not cool Bro!

This thread was started because too many self proclaimed know it all's go around using "gun lingo" like they are the direct descendent of Elmer Keith himself. Calling out mall ninja's for who are they... that is funny. Embarrassing your girl friend because she is trying to learn, not cool. You owe her man.

SF-

It didn't sound like a gripe session to me, just a funny, cute story. I smiled when I read it, not because he was making fun of her, but because I've had similar occasions with my wife where she refered to my M4 as my M-15. Good times, and helps us to appreciate the women in our lives who want to show a genuine interest in our passions.

i really hate the term "nutnfancy" and just about everything associated with it

i really need to change out of my sassy pants this morning

Are you referring to the enthusiast who has dozens of short firearm and knife videos on YouTube? "nutnfancy" has posted many truly useful gun and shooting evaluation vids, so if you can bear the nickname, check them out......................elsullo :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews