JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a couple Clip is one I would think it is the most term used incorrectly I see it almost daily by gun owners in many ads.

My other terms are as follow.

Common Sense Laws. ( There are none)

Gun or Firearms Expert. ( if they exist they are mostly self proclaimed )

Gun Lobbyist ( are they lobbying for guns or 2nd Amendment rights ? )

Assault Weapon or Automatic ( when used incorrectly which often)

My Most annoying gun related terms or sayings include..
"Where did that one come from"?
"Do you really need another gun"?
"I don't remember seeing that one before".
"How much did that cost"?
I kid.
One thing that bothers me is people correcting people when they call a silencer a silencer. They say"SUPPRESSOR".
It's not that they are incorrect so much as that they are correcting people while being in correct.

P7id10T,
Sorry, let me clarify myself...:D
"misused gun terminology" Only bothers me when it's done to be intentionally misleading in a publication.;)

Capn Jack - nothing pointed at you.
Communication is something essential and important, where precision in language can be a game changer. Friday, had a customer yell at me because of what another engineer had told them, which turned out to be a difference in understanding of definitions of terms.

The MSM is a whole 'nuther issue. Except for Bloomberg or the guy from the NYT, I believe most press is ignorant to the point of gross inaccuracy.

"Crack shot" - this one drives me batty. I have never once met someone who describes themselves as a crack shot that could hit a 5 lb coffee can at 5 paces in 5 shots, from a 12 guage with birdshot and a blunderbuss like muzzle device. :rolleyes: I used to work with a martian who every day would blather on about his prowess with blades, firearms, and empty hand combat. This same schmuck would always say "I'm a crack shot, I could hit you between the eyes at a hundred yards with my point 4 0 Cougar" (his favorite, and probably only real gun, was a Stoeger Cougar .40) - he also would say stupid crap like "point four zero" or "point three eight" instead of "40 caliber" or "38 caliber" or even just "40" or "38". Metric calibers were just as annoying "nine millimeter" was too much, I guess, because he would say "nine m m." God forbid you try talking about a rifle caliber...

I know the type. Not much I can say. I'd just listen to the babble and wish I were somewhere else. Or that he would shut up. Walking away worked pretty good too.

Don

Another one I hate is "knockdown power", especially in reference to hunting cartridges. When a guy uses a 300 magnum because a 308 doesnt have the "knockdown power", I laugh. Another guy who is talking out of his arse about things he almost did in places he almost went with guns he almost bought.

Another one I hate is "knockdown power", especially in reference to hunting cartridges. When a guy uses a 300 magnum because a 308 doesnt have the "knockdown power", I laugh. Another guy who is talking out of his arse about things he almost did in places he almost went with guns he almost bought.

Dude! I was there and almost got the tee shirt!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top