JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My skin crawls when anyone refers to a rifle as a 'gun.' Too many bad memories of Army drill instructors (which eventually included myself) screaming at recruits for calling their rifles a 'gun.' Anyone who has been through basic has probably heard about the many incidents in which a 'cruit who misused the term had to run around the barracks with his penis in one hand and his rifle in the other shouting, "This is my rifle, this is my gun! This is for shooting, this is for fun!":s0114:

Max

My skin crawls when anyone refers to a rifle as a 'gun.' Too many bad memories of Army drill instructors (which eventually included myself) screaming at recruits for calling their rifles a 'gun.' Anyone who has been through basic has probably heard about the many incidents in which a 'cruit who misused the term had to run around the barracks with his penis in one hand and his rifle in the other shouting, "This is my rifle, this is my gun! This is for shooting, this is for fun!":s0114:

Max

A rifle is a gun if a ship is a boat! :s0114:

LOL, That must have been me many years ago but I was a fast learner after the first time.

Max

I'm annoyed when the news does a story on a shooting and they seem to always show a graphic of an AK-47, regardless of the weapon used in the story. This is quickly followed by the terms they use to describe said incident and invariably "assault", "gunned-down", "ban" will make it's way into their repertoire of journalism nomenclature.

I got a quality pre-owned shotty tactical gun with a light that has 200, no more no less rounds down the pipe. It is a real tack driver.
I am looking for a pre ban quality assault weapon that has a couple 30 round clips and some glass on it. Maybe an ar15 with some big nock down power.
If you got the goods and want to do a trade I am at the bar so give me a jingle. I have gun in hand and showing it to everyone. Dont worry. Its not loaded.

Thanks

Natty Bumpo nails it in post #37.

Improper nomenclature such as "clip", or slang such as "shotty" are completely harmless and don't offend me in the least.

The terms listed by NB, such as "assault rifle" and "cop-killer bullet", are deliberately intended to confuse and frighten the unenlightened, and in doing so, perpetrate the vile agenda of 2A infringement.

As just about everyone has said "Clip" instead of Magizine, "Bullet" instead of cartridge or "round" and I have to add "Pulling the trigger" instead of pressing the trigger and the term "Bullet Proof Vest" instead of Ballistic vest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top