JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like to hear which firearm-related terms or phrases bug you the most. I can think of many off the top of my head, such as the misuse of the word 'clip', or 'assault weapon', but the ones that bug me the most are 'packing heat' and 'gun-toting'. It seems that these words have such a negative connotation that the moment they're heard or read you know immediately where one stands on the gun rights issue. So, what are yours?

"Clip" used in place of "magazine", by far is the biggest annoyance to me. I know that people still get what you are talking about, but they'd probably get what you meant if you said "gat", but most of us don't go around calling guns "gats".

I think the one that bugs me the most is "unloaded", after a few times getting firearms pointed at my face when asking to see something in the case at gun shops, hearing "its unloaded" started to touch a nerve.

I think the one that bugs me the most is "unloaded", after a few times getting firearms pointed at my face when asking to see something in the case at gun shops, hearing "its unloaded" started to touch a nerve.

I have to agree with pointing any gun at someone. I don't even let my kid point a nerf gun at anyone. I guess I am a little strict but oh well.

I had a friend ask me awhile back who asked if he could see my "piece", had to explain some things to him. Also the term "gun-nut", some people might disagree on this one, but I feel the term gives a bad name to an otherwise sane person who happens to enjoy collecting and shooting firearms (like myself).

I had a friend ask me awhile back who asked if he could see my "piece", had to explain some things to him. Also the term "gun-nut", some people might disagree on this one, but I feel the term gives a bad name to an otherwise sane person who happens to enjoy collecting and shooting firearms (like myself).
I am a gun nut. Just not a WING NUT. :D

There’s no firearm related term that is inherently irritating to me but the term “double stack” does cause some inconvenience at times.

Like when I’m reading a discussion about the term on this forum-suddenly I’m compelled to jump up from my computer, head for the kitchen and waste a lot of time making a double stack of buckwheat pancakes drenched w/ real maple syrup-heated.

Or when driving and listening to an argument on talk radio about the pros and cons of single vs. double stack-having to pull off the freeway, make a beeline for a Denny’s and order a double stack of buttermilk pancakes smothered in blueberry syrup.

(BTW-because of this, none of my pistols have double stack magazines).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top