JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many misused terms and over used terms bug me concerning firearms and the vast majority of those have been mentioned by others. Here are two things that makes me think you know nothing about firearms or shooting if we were speaking.

1. Mispronouncing Leupold and calling it a "Leopold" as if it were a Belgian king. I'm not sure why, but it bugs me.

2. When I ask someone what kind of rifle or handgun they own and they respond; a 30-06 or a .45. To me that would be like someone asking you what kind of car you drive and you answer; a V-8. It gets worse when I clarify that I am interested in knowing the specific manufacturer and they don't know!
"what kind" is vague. "What caliber" or "what Manufacturer" would convey a more accurate detail of your inquiry.

"Bullet head".. meaning bullet or projectile.
dood, it's not a bullet head.

For reasons that I cannot even begin to explain, this misnomer has totally taken over here in yUK. And I mean, taken over to the point where one of the largest gun dealers in the country, Henry Krank, has it printed on the boxes of PPU bullets.

I know I shouldn't let stuff like this get to me, but I hafta admit that it really does.

tac

For reasons that I cannot even begin to explain, this misnomer has totally taken over here in yUK. And I mean, taken over to the point where one of the largest gun dealers in the country, Henry Krank, has it printed on the boxes of PPU bullets.

I know I shouldn't let stuff like this get to me, but I hafta admit that it really does.

tac
Ow. I pretty much squirm uncomfortably whenever someone uses the term but never correct them really. It's enough for me to know they're a piker.
I guess it comes from the term "bullet" being much more commonly used to describe loaded ammunition/cartridges so it would then be logical to call the projectiles "bullet heads".
ugh

"I got a new toy"

I get it. I really do. But really, after the first five or ten guns, the rest are really toys and collectibles. They are certainly items deserving of respect, but most of my project guns are just adult toys. My carry guns are tools. My hunting guns are tools. My home defense guns? Tools. But my Chilean Mauser? 03a3 Springfield? Collectible toy. But I get where you are coming from...

No. That is when your cucumber has left the salad.
So... you're talkin' a tossed salad then, yeah? o_O
This is getting very uncomfortable !:s0001: I meant my ''Sex Pistol'' is all. Somehow my cucumber has left the salad and my taste for ''tossed salad'':s0027: has left me as well. No more creamy Ceasar dressing for me anymore and I never want to try Ball-salmic :s0068:dressing EVER ! :s0002:

My most hated firearm related terms:

Obama
Biden
Clinton
Bloomberg
Prozanski
Pelosi
Gabby and the Spaceman
Brady
Wyden
Merkley
California
New York
Massachussettes
Chicago
Colorado
Connecticut
Maryland
Seattle City Council
Oregon Legislature
I-594
SB941
Everytown
The "moms" (you know, the ones that would rather have their children raped, beaten and murdered than defend them)
'Smart' gun
Common Sense
"Just one life"
Black lives matter

There are many more, but my fingers are tired.

"Custom"

Custom should mean a one off... One that can't be reproduced without extensive time or knowledge. Buying a kydex holster is not custom, nor is your Bubba'd rifle.

There’s no firearm related term that is inherently irritating to me but the term “double stack” does cause some inconvenience at times.

Like when I’m reading a discussion about the term on this forum-suddenly I’m compelled to jump up from my computer, head for the kitchen and waste a lot of time making a double stack of buckwheat pancakes drenched w/ real maple syrup-heated.

Or when driving and listening to an argument on talk radio about the pros and cons of single vs. double stack-having to pull off the freeway, make a beeline for a Denny’s and order a double stack of buttermilk pancakes smothered in blueberry syrup.

(BTW-because of this, none of my pistols have double stack magazines).

Dang it... now I gotta go to IHop... need a double stack of pancakes....:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top