JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"TACK DRIVER" is the one for me. Other than a small hammer for setting very small nails, I don't know what they are talking about. But, you get the same folks using this to try sale a used gun. "Gotta have this one, it's a real TACK DRIVER". If a gun shoots well, show us a picture of the group size. That is, if you can do your part. A tactical tack driver would be SWEEET. I bet someone has one for sale here now.:D

"TACK DRIVER" is the one for me. Other than a small hammer for setting very small nails, I don't know what they are talking about. But, you get the same folks using this to try sale a used gun. "Gotta have this one, it's a real TACK DRIVER". If a gun shoots well, show us a picture of the group size. That is, if you can do your part. A tactical tack driver would be SWEEET. I bet someone has one for sale here now.:D

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!! :s0155:

One that I just recalled comes from a different forum, the poster was asking for advice for glass for his new rifle. I thought he was talking about a fiberglass bed between the stock and barrel... I was so wrong. He quickly expressed how wrong I was and I explained that in most of the known world we call them scopes or optics. I asked why he felt the need to make up a new term for something we all know well? I never got a reply.

One that I just recalled comes from a different forum, the poster was asking for advice for glass for his new rifle. I thought he was talking about a fiberglass bed between the stock and barrel... I was so wrong. He quickly expressed how wrong I was and I explained that in most of the known world we call them scopes or optics. I asked why he felt the need to make up a new term for something we all know well? I never got a reply.

I've heard the term "glass" used quite often for optics, although it doesn't bug me, I still don't use the term.

I have seen a few over the years who were still alive after being shot with a 9mm in the head...and not incapacitated either.

A few years back, there was a convenience store employee who was mistaken for a burglar after closing by the manager, who shot him in the head with a .44 mag at close range. The kid lost half of his brain, but still managed to survive. Crippled, but alive none the less. (but very much incapacitated at the time)

Luck and chance play quite a big part in shootings as to what works and what doesn't.

The term "Defensive Handgun", being used to describe classes-instruction etc.

If one needs to use a gun, the hunted becomes the hunter and it is now "Offensive"

I believe it is a fatal mind-set...but one needs to be taught this way. We need to quit feeling like we're always set back on our heels when we need to destroy a threat.

If someone breaks into your house, you are now the hunter looking to destroy the threat. Yes, you are defending yourself and possibly others but realize what it is and go about taking care of what needs to be done. Removing someone or thing from the gene pool.

Clip vs Magazine happens the most...but the firearms names themselves bug me the most. I was watching DEA (the tv show) and they found an SU-2000 Kel-Tec fold-over carbine in a raid...about four officers called it a "Mac-10 machine gun".

Does this look like a Mac-10 to you?

And don't even get me started on the "machine gun" part.

And of course it gets me that everything from an SKS to a Saiga is automatically an AK-47 to the news media...

It doesn't bother me so much the things people say most just don't know any better. It is the things tards do like the guy who needs a 300 ultra mag to deer hunt in the valley, or the kid I met that bought a Colt AR because that is what the Army uses are Colt bad rifles not at all but for the amount he is going to shoot that thing he could of saved $700 and bought a DPMS or delton. I see so many people spend money on things without realy understanding what it is they are getting it drives me nuts.

I have seen a few over the years who were still alive after being shot with a 9mm in the head...and not incapacitated either.

There was a police officer somewhere in in the Portland area a few years back who was shot in the face with a .45acp. He's doing just fine now.

I guess there are no sure things in life.

Ones that bug me the most:

Misused: "clip" - My Garands and Carcanos use "clips" - pretty much everything else uses magazines

"High Capacity Magazine" - A needless term used primarily to legislate away our gun rights.

“Rapid Fire / Rapid Fire Magazine” – See above

“Assault Weapon” – the most misused and misunderstood term in the firearm lexicon

“High-powered [insert whatever here]” – Again generally used to legislate away our gun rights.

“Saturday Night Special” – someone’s been listening to too much Skynyrd.

“Junk gun” – while some guns are indeed junk – the term is used far more nefariously

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top