JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really don't think the primary reason for the shortage is either hoarders or scalpers, though there has been that. It's primarily new gun purchases, which are way way way up. If you have a new gun, you need ammo. If you buy more guns, you typically want to have more ammo commensurate with the guns you own. This will even out eventually, because somebody is going to see the profit inherent in meeting the demand. And, like houses, there are only so many buyers, even if in the middle of the bubble the supply seems infinite. I can't say I was smart stocking up a few years ago, because I had no idea this shortage would occur. But I'm glad I stocked up.

At this point:
My LGS got exactly 1 lb of SG powder this week, yes he is on the bottom of the supply Totem Pole but what is the story with the distributors?
Where the frak is the supply chain? In a true Capitalist system the boys over seas would flood the US with everything gun related,,,
So where is it?
Nada
The dark LOrd has a PLAN and Russia, who has made a billion or so off of US shooters with cheap ammo, which suppressed domestic manufacture and shut down production,,,Is absent.
Has greed killed the US Constitution, are we Collectively Guilty?
BS!
We are a nation of individuals, bestowed by God with the right to Life, Liberty, Property, Choice
There is no Collective anything except that which we individualy choose to join, or denounce!
Stand for yourself, demand an accounting of where the production capicty has dissapeared to!

I fire 3 shot groups before each adjustment when sighting in. For a new scope that is nowhere near zero'd, it can take 5 or 6 adjustments. I'm not OK with less than perfection.

2 shot zeroing
put rifle on a lead sled and zero in on target, take shot, rezero on sane spot on target adjust scope to bullet hole. if done properly you will be zeroed providing ammo is good

Some ammo is available if you take the time to look in unusual places for it. I went to town today, picked up a box of 50, 9mm, for a guy at work who bought 2 9s and couldn't find ammo, (I already gave him a box of 100 I had, because I don't currently own a 9.) I paid $16 for the box. I also picked up a box of 550, federal 22lr hollow points for $10. I could have bought 300 win mag, 45-70, 45 auto and 308 for $20 per box, and a box of 450 marlin for $10. But I currently don't own any of those either. I found these, in small, hole in the wall, second hand stores, 2 weeks ago I bought a box that contained 3 boxes of 45-70, a box of 38s and a box of 357s, some 380, and hand full of 16 gauge shells and 44-40 shells, it also had 45 rounds of 223 which is what I was really interested in, I paid $45 for the entire box. Another great place to look is small auction houses, and out of the way, out in the sticks mom and pop stores, its surprising what you will find in them, last week I got a box of 257 Roberts 117 grain +P Winchester ammo for $18 at one of them, they said it had been on the shelf since 1993. So happy hunting.

What is sad is the people who go in, buy up as much as they can, then sell it on facebook. I know, it's a free market and all that, but the prices they are asking (200% and up) is just.....well...anyway

You can buy ammo on facebook?
And here I was thinking that site was a worthless waste of bandwidth.

Neat trick I learned for zeroing in a new scope on a bolt action rifle.

1.)Place rife on sand bags so you see your target through the scope. Start close, 25 to 50 yards.
2.)Remove bolt and look down the barrel at the center of your target, cafefully adjust your scope to line up with bullseye.
This may take several adjustments until the rifle bore and scope both line up with the bullseye.
3.)Once both are visually centered chamber your first round and fine tune from there.

At least now you'll be on paper and if done properly reasonably close to centered without wasting a bunch of ammo.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews