JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my private place

20240406_122721_Burst01.jpg

My great grandfather who lived in Los Angeles ( South Central ) had a wall in his house covered with guns, machineguns and switchblades that he had confiscated over the decades in his role as a LA County Sheriffs deputy. When he died his cop buddies came in and cleared the place out. .
Stealing illegal property is still stealing.

My Grand Parents had a custom built in display cabinet in the living room of their house, something like 4 foot wide and 56 inches or so tall, with locking beveled glass doors and an under storage area for mags and ammo and anything else they wanted close at hand! Used to spend hours admiring the collection. Now days, I wouldn't dare have anything like that openly displaying anything of value.

Here in Co. My "Library" is a sort of vault, so I can display firearms and such if I wanted, otherwise it's locked and secure and ain't nobody going to get in there easy and take from me!

Leave it out for some poor fool to steal... or dump it at a "buy back" for $100 bucks. I got a couple in the "buy back" line-up...
Aside from a mess of knives and swords hanging in the living room, I have one rifle on display.. years and years ago I paid $20 at a K-Mart for a rough Spanish Mauser K98 clone. Shot it a few times, and experimentally reblued it completely in spite of the pitting beneath the wood line (I was 19 at the time).. Anyway somehow Ive dragged it around the country a couple times as I moved around.. Now it hangs above my library door in the hopes that any thieves will grab it and call it good...
I'm deeply offended! Did you even consider that shotgun might just be the pride of my collection! :rolleyes:

My dad found a .45-70 trapdoor Springfield rifle at an estate sale in Pennsylvania while deer hunting in the early '50s. Bought it cheap. Cleaned it up until it looked like new. Mounted it above the living room picture windows of our homes for the rest of his life. It ended up with my older brother who has also since passed. Don't know where it is now. Sigh.

My grandfather brought a pair of Japanese swords home from the war, and displayed them in a glass case in the living room, long before my time.

My mom said one day when she was young, everyone was home but nobody in the front of the house, someone walked in the front door and stole the swords. They never knew who, just disappeared. That kind of stuff happened back in the 1950's too.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top