JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just went to make an ammo purchase at SGAmmo, like I have done many times before. However, this time I was met with this at checkout, for ammo!
They require you read & check the box, or no ammo!

Purchasing requirements: Ammunition buyer must be over the age of 21 years to purchase pistol ammo, 18 years for rifle ammo, and never have been convicted of a felony or adjudicated as mentally defective or been committed to a mental institution. All state, local and federal laws apply. By placing an order on this website you certify that you can legally purchase, receive and own ammunition. Please do not attempt purchase if you are prohibited from buying the item in your area.
The Gun Control Act (GCA), codified at 18 U.S.C. 922(g), makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess ammunition, to include any person:

• convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
  • who is a fugitive from justice;
  • who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);
  • who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
  • who is an illegal alien or, except as provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), has been admitted to the U.S. under a nonimmigrant visa;
  • who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
  • who has renounced his or her United States citizenship;
  • who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner; or
  • who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence

Thoughts?

Seems like a pretty standard disclaimer, and I don't see anything about tracking. What has you upset about this?

And if you're making an online purchase, then your purchases are likely being tracked via your credit card, regardless of who you order from.

I just went to make an ammo purchase at SGAmmo, like I have done many times before. However, this time I was met with this at checkout, for ammo!

Purchasing requirements: Ammunition buyer must be over the age of 21 years to purchase pistol ammo, 18 years for rifle ammo, and never have been convicted of a felony or adjudicated as mentally defective or been committed to a mental institution. All state, local and federal laws apply. By placing an order on this website you certify that you can legally purchase, receive and own ammunition. Please do not attempt purchase if you are prohibited from buying the item in your area.
The Gun Control Act (GCA), codified at 18 U.S.C. 922(g), makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess ammunition, to include any person:

• convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
  • who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);
  • who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
  • who is an illegal alien or, except as provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), has been admitted to the U.S. under a nonimmigrant visa;
  • who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner; or

Thoughts?
Did you pay a bit more to sure the entire shipment? I always do that so for my orders from SGAmmo. I also like that when you buy a whole case of ammo, that they put case inside another box so you cannot see what case of ammo you bought.

I just received my 500 rounds of 7.62x51 M118 match ammo ordered last Tuesday, arrived Friday. I didn't see that requirement when I ordered, so it much be new.

I have been buying from them for many years with fast shipping and good prices.

Last Edited:

Thoughts?
All I see is a reminder of federal restrictions on who can't by ammo. DR

Free lojak with every order.
burger-king-logo-05FCD52394-seeklogo.com.png

Did you pay a bit more to sure the entire shipment? I always do that so for my orders from SGAmmo. I also like that when you buy a whole case of ammo, that they put case inside another box so you cannot see what case of ammo you bought.
Yes, they are great about packing & I always requested insurance and signature delivery. About $6.50 extra.

Last Edited:
Seems like a pretty standard disclaimer, and I don't see anything about tracking. What has you upset about this?

And if you're making an online purchase, then your purchases are likely being tracked via your credit card, regardless of who you order from.
The disclaimer is new and caught me by surprise. Never had to check a box like that before with SGAmmo.
I'm annoyed at the continuing government involvement. It's as if I moved to Ca. o_O

And many times, they put it in a used ammo can for free for additional protection!

The disclaimer is new and caught me by surprise. Never had to check a box like that before with SGAmmo.
I'm annoyed at the continuing government involvement. It's as if I moved to Ca. o_O
It's not just the government involvement, but lawyers in general.

SGammo may be concerned about being involved directly or indirectly in court. This is more likely just something his lawyers came up with to limit his corporate/personal liability.

Because....lawyers.

It's not just the government involvement, but lawyers in general.

SGammo may be concerned about being involved directly or indirectly in court. This is more likely just something his lawyers came up with to limit his corporate/personal liability.

Because....lawyers.
My thought is that perhaps they got in some kind of trouble that necessitated the additional CYA.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews