JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know there are laws with regard to purchasing ammo.
I don't like having them shoved in my face every time I go to purchase ammo.
I agree that the law is the law. What I don't like is having it crammed down my throat.
If the Fed's want me (or you) they will have their way, and I will most likely loose, regardless of my innocence.

Posting on this forum is bound to bring out the critics (and perhaps a Fed or two).
I do find it interesting how many people are ready to criticize a normal human emotional response. Yet lack courage to start a thread themselves.
I would speculate more than one person here has just stopped posting anything that isn't a joke because the fallout isn't worth the hassle.
If those sheeple desire to be oppressed quietly into the dark, I cannot change that. But I do know freedom has never been free.

FpbmFDOXEBspsrt.png Fs8UL3PWwAA1-Lz.png FuCIC2saIAYWkim.png F2ED-E2WEAAcDvU.jpg F2iX3U_WMAABXt5.jpg

With the amount of anti-2A policies/politicians paired with companies being held responsible for their consumers actions (due to our twisted liberal justice system) I don't blame them for covering their a$$. I would do the exact same thing.

B!tching about it on the internet just comes across as petty. You don't like their policies then don't buy from them. That's your own choice. But why do we have to make a new thread about every company that does this? It's not a new thing…… and it will become more and more common. The companies are the ones who currently take all the risk.

Add it to the list of Cabelas, sportsman's, all the vendors that have quit shipping "high cap" mags to Oregon (even though 114 hasn't been ruled on yet) etc.

I agree that the law is the law. What I don't like is having it crammed down my throat.
If the Fed's want me (or you) they will have their way, and I will most likely loose, regardless of my innocence.

Posting on this forum is bound to bring out the critics (and perhaps a Fed or two).
I do find it interesting how many people are ready to criticize a normal human emotional response. Yet lack courage to start a thread themselves.
I would speculate more than one person here has just stopped posting anything that isn't a joke because the fallout isn't worth the hassle.
If those sheeple desire to be oppressed quietly into the dark, I cannot change that. But I do know freedom has never been free.

View attachment 1485313 View attachment 1485316 View attachment 1485317 View attachment 1485318 View attachment 1485319
This specific example is not even a direct example of oppression. This is just a company making its customers aware of legal stipulations attached to their transactions. It is super common in all aspects of commerce and I see no reason why anyone should have a problem with that. Yes, you know the laws attached to the transactions, but not everyone else does. honestly I am surprised they did not have such a disclaimer sooner, as in right from the very beginning. Or maybe they did and no one noticed, hence the update to make the disclaimer more conspicuous.

Either way this is a good thing. It makes people aware of the stings our government has attached to their rights, and it hammers them with it every time they try to engage in that right, right there at the point of purchase. You think this is a bad thing? Guess what; so does the government. As an example, California has made it illegal to post the taxes attached to your fill up at the gas station. They do not want consumers to be aware that they are paying over 20% in various taxes for every gallon they pay at the pump, and that, at current prices, that is well over a dollar of their ~$6 per gallon price right now. Us being made aware of the laws attached to our actions is a very good thing, and we should not begrudge any company who broadens that awareness. I whish more California Gas stations had the stones to post tax information at the pump, and take those unconstitutional rulings up to SCOTUS.

So you find this warning placed on your transaction emotionally distressing? Good. Just don't whine about a company taking very sensible precautions to try and legally indemnify themselves from the actions of their customers, whine about the laws that make the legal indemnity necessary in the first place. Don't place the burden on the company, place it right back on the government where it belongs. The only time we should be coming down on a company for such normal and prudent actions is when we find out that they supported, endorsed or otherwise encouraged such laws in the first place. Then we can point that out and take appropriate action against the company. As far as I can tell no information here has presented any company posting such a disclaimer has done so with malicious intent towards our rights. As far as I can tell all we should be doing is thanking them for bringing us more awareness to the issues that restrict our rights.

Quote: @Xmark1
"Posting on this forum is bound to bring out the critics (and perhaps a Fed or two) "

Spot on.... No point in beyotching about order tracking. You're still living in the eighties if you don't realize that by now.
If you've posted here, consider yourself toast.
You just need to have the jam spread on when convenient.

Last Edited:

View attachment 1485313 View attachment 1485316 View attachment 1485317 View attachment 1485318 View attachment 1485319
I think the problem that others and myself have is that you used a goofy clickbait title for this thread:

Tracking ammo shipments & buyers? EVERYWHERE.

Nothing in your original post had anything to do with that title. It misleads people into thinking something else is occurring when in reality you're just butt hurt that you had to click an additional check box on a legal disclaimer.

One that you probably didn't even bother to skim, much less actually read. If you did you would have seen this:

The disclaimer btw is titled "Conditions of Use" and includes more then just that quote from the GCA. It also includes the following:

Privacy Notice: SGAmmo will never release any customer information to a third party, unless it is required for a federal investigation, to comply with the law, to enforce our site policies, or to protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. Besides reasons listed above for releasing third party information, customer information will only be used by SGAmmo to help personalize your shopping experience and improve customer service.

All customer information provided to the site during the purchasing process is protected. A variety of security measures has been implemented to ensure that customer information is not visible or attainable by a third party. SGAmmo's recent implementations to our cart helps us guarantee customer purchases are quick, accurate and protected.
If the privacy policies of SGAmmo are ever changed, they will be posted on this page and customers will be notified. Also, you may always contact SGAmmo regarding security or privacy.
If anything, that excerpt is evidence against the title of this thread.

My day job is cyber security in the financial sector. I assure you nothing about "full digital currency" is a conspiracy theory. Indeed, pretty much everything said is a bedrock principle of modern financial theory. And it is deeper than just "the government wants to know so they can control you", though that is not a bad thing to take notice of. Banks hate cash too, because cash it inherently unpredictable due to its untraceable nature. Banks use the data from your purchasing habits to fund investments, to move money to where they anticipate need before that need arises and to tailor offerings that will nudge future behavior. The more money you move through their systems the more data they will have on you and the better their models of financial system will be. When you take some of that money out as cash, those transactions become opaque to them and their models start to break down.

Now of course the banks will argue that those models are supper good things, because they fuel the more rapid growth of wealth, and in theory that benefits everyone. But the same argument can be made for a nearly omniscient and omnipotent dictator. If they are 100% moral and uncorruptable then sure, they probably could actually improve the lives of everyone they lord over. But no one thinks that level of power is actually uncorruptable, and indeed we have quite a bit of evidence to suggest that such level of power are inherently corruptable by their very nature. It is not a matter of IF such systems will be used against people, but of how and when. Canada already gave us a notable recent example, but there are many, many more to find for anyone who cares to look. Everything from blatant government abuse against entire demographics to smaller things like banks encouraging certain behaviors from individual clients.

Like I said, I do very much like cash. But the downfall of cash is its inherent geographic limitations. Digital currency means I can purchase goods and services from anyone anywhere. This means better goods and services are available to me on a moments notice. If I want to deal in only cash I am basically limited only to people I can stand in a room with, and those good and services will only be available while they want to stand there in that room. It is a transactional medium that is inherently limited because of that fact.

Now, what I would love is some globally transactional medium that is not monitored up the wazoo, but I have little hope of finding a good solution to that. I have yet to be convinced that "blockchain" type currency actually fills that role to any significant degree, and its pitiful adoption rate amongst the more mainstream service providers makes its utility even more limited than cash, even if that limitation is not geographically bound.

Basically what I am saying is that no matter what financial medium you choose you will be damned in some way or another. Pick your poison, but do wo with your eyes open so you can make the choice that is minimally damaging to yourself.
@lucusloc excellent post. Thanks for this.

My expectation is that once CBDC's are implemented and enforced, a "bifurcated" consumer economy will emerge; 80 percent of your transactions will be conducted with the "official" currency, but the other 20 percent will be let's say "underground" and localized in cases where you prefer more privacy.

Last Edited:
I find these mags every day in their local stores here in the greater PDX area.
Never said you couldn't….. but they have forms now apparently when buying guns that people on this forum have complained about.

In regards to mags I'm talking online vendors who refuse to ship to Oregon. It's no issue buying from retail stores inside the state. Yet…..

Last Edited:
I think the problem that others and myself have is that you used a goofy clickbait title for this thread:

Nothing in your original post had anything to do with that title. It misleads people into thinking something else is occurring when in reality you're just butt hurt that you had to click an additional check box on a legal disclaimer.

One that you probably didn't even bother to skim, much less actually read. If you did you would have seen this:

The disclaimer btw is titled "Conditions of Use" and includes more then just that quote from the GCA. It also includes the following:

The intention of my title was not as you perceived it, clickbait. I don't get paid for clicks or follows.
What I was meaning to convey is that anyone, anywhere that buys from SGA is now subject to more CYA & BS.
I suppose the title could have been better thought out. Next post I make I might hire a team of consultants & attorneys to proofread it B4 I post.
Or - I can just not worry that some people are obtuse.

The intention of my title was not as you perceived it, clickbait. I don't get paid for clicks or follows.
What I was meaning to convey is that anyone, anywhere that buys from SGA is now subject to more CYA & BS.
I suppose the title could have been better thought out. Next post I make I might hire a team of consultants & attorneys to proofread it B4 I post.
Don't forget the focus group and make sure you purchase title insurance.

After 911 the Patriot act gave the government the right to spy on every citizen in the USA. Every ammo purchase made by credit card has been recorded, it doesn't matter what SG is doing except making sure you get your ammo...at a great price.

Have a good day, it's sunny and warm as any fall day.

I havent bought from sgammo recently, so haven't seen the new click notice at check out. They have been my go to for bulk buys in the past. I was very aware of this posted statement on the site in regard to protecting buyilers info. It's been there for years. Sadly I think we will be seeing more sites adding this type of verbiage at check out. They are just covering their business so they can keep giving us great deals on ammo. Most sites now have you click tou are over 18 or 21 before you can start to shop.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top