JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Several things happen at once. The laws have been a major inconvenience but the lead up to them had many people buy in advance. So, everyone won and lost.

If anyone told me 10 years ago that I would own what I do, I wouldn't believe them. But in part I stepped out of my original belief that 3 guns (pistol, rifle, shotgun) were more than enough and a mini arsenal to boot, due to government overreach and trying to foresee my needs. Thank you haters. I haven't bought a firearm since 114 in Oregon. Haven't needed to.

Based on some of the "for sale" postings I have a lot more in my firearms than I thought. When someone is asking 450$ for the same scope I paid 140$ for last month I put someone on ignore.. You can buy a brand new model for 100$ cheaper. If thr seller wants to sell an item research what its going for and price accordingly.

Some people want to buy but want you the seller to drive a few hundred miles really? How about you drive here and let me knock $5 off the price lol
I have never understood that...as a buyer, I go to the product, or at the most, see if they will "split the difference"...I would never expect someone to travel so I can buy their stuff.

I have never understood that...as a buyer, I go to the product, or at the most, see if they will "split the difference"...I would never expect someone to travel so I can buy their stuff.
I think it comes down to whether there are buyers willing/able to travel. If a seller wants to sell something and no buyers are willing to travel, the seller may have to. Or just keep the item.

3 is glee…
20240402_151619.jpg 20240402_151702.jpg

This little guy. I'm keeping the old school gloss. My sons each got a newer, matte finished model.

In some ways I understand it now with the BGC queues being what they are. I just did a sale the other day where I drove closer to the buyer. They ended up in the queue which was estimated at about a week and I got paid in cash and left. The buyer is ultimately the one who will have to make yet another trip to pick up the gun when they clear their BGC. If I was buying right now, I'd limit the distance I'd be willing to go since I may have to do it twice. And it's kind of a buyer's market right now.... people just want cash.

In some ways I understand it now with the BGC queues being what they are. I just did a sale the other day where I drove closer to the buyer. They ended up in the queue which was estimated at about a week and I got paid in cash and left. The buyer is ultimately the one who will have to make yet another trip to pick up the gun when they clear their BGC. If I was buying right now, I'd limit the distance I'd be willing to go since I may have to do it twice. And it's kind of a buyer's market right now.... people just want cash.
This is my thinking exactly. In the past six months there have been a couple of guns in Portland listed in the classified here that I would have like to have purchased. If they had been local deals, I'd have been all over them. I don't want to make two trips to Portland and didn't want to be ridiculed for suggesting the seller meet me in Springfield, so I just took a pass on both. Back when Oregon was a free state, I wouldn't have minded a trip up I-5, knowing I would be returning home with my merchandise.

This is my thinking exactly. In the past six months there have been a couple of guns in Portland listed in the classified here that I would have like to have purchased. If they had been local deals, I'd have been all over them. I don't want to make two trips to Portland and didn't want to be ridiculed for suggesting the seller meet me in Springfield, so I just took a pass on both. Back when Oregon was a free state, I wouldn't have minded a trip up I-5, knowing I would be returning home with my merchandise.
I definitely consider this as well. I usually get instant approvals, but not always, so the risk is there.

I agree, it's always been customary to me for the buyer to go where the merchandise is.

The cyber world has altered this somewhat. You can even buy a car without ever seeing it in advance and it will be delivered to your door. Not for me.

I get the Amazon thing.

For groceries, I want to select them myself, yet you can pay someone to do it for you and deliver them to your home.

But there is a special set of rules for used stuff.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads