JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If 3 point slings were all that, you'd see them in use with SF groups and the like that actually have a choice of what they want to use...they don't use them.

Everything mentioned about securing the rifle while climbing and various other activities can be done and done well with a 2 point.

I hunted cartels in marijuana plantations for 3 years, a couple guys on the team had 3 points.. didn't take long for those to get dumped.

Equipment sounds good in theory until it gets pressure tested.

Kids these days are just lazy. No one wants to put in the work for a perfect system. "I'll just use two point slings because they only have one adjustment and who has time for more than that?"
Call me lazy too then. 2 deployments using a 2 point sling back when 3 points where all the rage. You ever tried to transition a three point to your back so you can switch to your metal detector to start sweeping? Cause it's a real pain in the bubblegum let me tell yeah.

You did a great job explaining why they work so well for you, but it's just that, how they work for you. You are saying it like it should apply to everyone, and then call us lazy because we aren't using an outdated system that was a far stretch from perfect.

Are you sure it's not because most Marines have always had trouble counting past two?

;) :D
Maybe…….

But my opinion still remains the same. Lol.

3 points are over-engineered/over-thought to do the same thing a 2 point does…. Just cause it has a bigger number doesn't mean it's better. Haha.

There's a reason no SF units use them.

And leave my counting alone!

Last Edited:
I have a salty 3 point and a new in package 3 point that came in the Marine gear/uniform pile I acquired recently, and let me tell you.. They're functional trash. Think they were made by Advanced Fabrication Inc.

They don't do anything better than the popular Vickers sling, or the old school Silent Sling 2 pointers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top