JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just stopped by dollar tree to get my energy drink fix. They were not open as scheduled. Poor kid out front said he'd been waiting for an hour since he doesn't have a key. I am guessing the DT employee with key is holed up in PSU library.

How do I go about getting my no show fee? 20 energy drinks will suffice as payment.

Lucky for our customers, I have back up energy drinks and we will be open at 10am as scheduled.
Bought some Gatorade Zero tablets, now I make my own energy drinks

I can't get past the $50 haircut part of that story. What? Years ago I bought a Remington brand hair clipper for $65 and do my own. My wife helps me get the back of my neck. That thing has payed for itself multiple times over even at the $15 rate I'd been paying. Snap on the ol' #2 guide and go to buzzin'!
Granted, I am not nor will I ever try to win a beauty contest, but sheesh! $50? How vain are we?
I cut mine too and it takes a whole ten minutes.

So when the service provider flakes on the customer...next time free on the customer's schedule ?
What goes around..
A corollary to this is unpriced items on store shelves. Which drives me nuts. Mrs. Merkt says, "if there is no price showing, it must be free."

Cell phones are so widespread today that there is no excuse for failing to call and explain the schedule change.
I'm surprised I didn't think of this and I agree completely. Maybe I missed this because I'm not a slave to my phone.

companies that have a "local monopoly" like most cable companies are the worst.
"Between 1:00 and 4:30 PM"

My dad had us watching all the classics from day one.
Ft. Lewis played Conan and apocalypse now at the small theater on North Fort like it was scripture.
The 80's man, what a time.

Hell YES it was….. we were jolly green giants walking the earth…. with guns!
We ought to start another thread devoted to movies we remember from our childhood.

But then what will I comb over? :)
1714876752515.png

But then what will I comb over? :)
Good one. Grow it long enough, you can form a swirl on top.

I saw a guy at the gun range where I'm a member, he had a longish beard, and a soul patch to match. The patch grew down into the beard. But the two were different colors. Very trend setting.

Good one. Grow it long enough, you can form a swirl on top.

I saw a guy at the gun range where I'm a member, he had a longish beard, and a soul patch to match. The patch grew down into the beard. But the two were different colors. Very trend setting.
Yeah... Trend setting...
1714876881964.png

I fully support this. Time is money, especially for business owners and independent contractors. If you hold an appointment and don't show, you are blocking their opportunity to earn money during that time. Imagine if someone came to your job and took an hour out of your check, but made you stay at work anyway.

I fully support this. Time is money, especially for business owners and independent contractors. If you hold an appointment and don't show, you are blocking their opportunity to earn money during that time. Imagine if someone came to your job and took an hour out of your check, but made you stay at work anyway.
What about when the business does not give notice - the business at that point should be penalized?

Every business I have been to that has these no-show fees has disclosed them very clearly.
Whar should happen when the business is at fault? Should they not be held accountable when things break down on thier side. Seems what is good on one side should be good on the other. The business is wasting my time and impacting my salary when they can't make an appt that they agreed to.

I get the no-show fee and all for it, but don't book me for a 2pm appt, then finally bring me to see the Doc at 2:30pm. I'm the customer paying your bills.

Whar should happen when the business is at fault? Should they not be held accountable when things break down on thier side. Seems what is good on one side should be good on the other. The business is wasting my time and impacting my salary when they can't make an appt that they agreed to.

I think they should compensate you in some way. I worked at a campground many moons ago and whenever we had issues that were our fault we always gave people refunds or discounted/free future stays.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top