JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are a bunch of great deals in the NWFA classifieds going without buyers. I am buying up what I can but have already extended my budget out pretty far. Where are all the other buyers at? If you are waiting on the sidelines when do you plan to jump in? Are you expecting prices to fall?

Unless you are making money with put options, it seems like your money is worth less and less everyday?

Last Edited:
Inflation eating up budget
A lot of us are feeling the inflation. I have been making adjustments in other areas so I can spend more on firearm related items.

The lack of buyers has me worried that lower prices are expected to come. I am hoping I don't look back and realize that I bought a bunch of stuff at the high point of the cycle?

Suspect a LOT of people are putting the brakes on buying anything they do not really need right now when they go to the store and see what things like food cost. The way things are going no doubt a lot of people are leery of their jobs even lasting the crash we are going to see. So they are holding off on things they do not really need.

Something is really only a good deal .....if you have a use for it.

I see lots of nice firearms for sale here...some of them I could even afford to buy.
However....
Most are not firearms that I have a use for
Or they are ones that I am not interested in.
The nicest firearm at the nicest price is no good to me...if I ain't interested in that type of firearm or if I don't have a use for it.

Speaking of affordability ....
Money can be difficult to come by nowadays...it pays ( pun intended ) to be picky about what to buy.
Andy

I noticed the same thing, it's hard not to jump on some of these deals. My saving grace is that I don't live near most of them, done enjoy waiting for shipping, and fuel is high enough to lessen the "deal"

Also, I don't watch TV or news but I'm in Bend for some training and had the news on this morning. They reported that one of the .gov agencies reported a 100% chance of a recession in the next 12 months. Here I was thinking we were already in one based on their definition 🙄

Food and gasoline has taken up an exponentially larger portion of my budget. Brandon's economy is crushing my finances, don't even get me started on what he's done to my 401k. For me to buy now, it would need to be an exceptional deal on something I've wanted.

I buy what I need and lust after what I want. I'm at a point in my life that I don't need a whole lot more other than componates for my ammo business. For that I'm not about to pay retail + when I buy wholesale in bulk for the deal.

A lot of us are feeling the inflation. I have been making adjustments in other areas so I can spend more on firearm related items.

The lack of buyers has me worried that lower prices are expected to come. I am hoping I don't look back and realize that I bought a bunch of stuff at the high point of the cycle?

Workers comp wages.

Cost of living.

Fuel and time costs to get to said deal.

I'm guessing you are single cuz my idea of 'reallocation of funds' varies from my wife's:p

I'm too far away from most of the deals on things I want, or not traveling anytime soon. That and a remodel in progress, twins on the way and working at a consulting engineering firm tied directly to construction (and unsure about the future job security) the allocation for funds for firearms and parts is low right now.

Last Edited:
Also, I don't watch TV or news but I'm in Bend for some training and had the news on this morning. They reported that one of the .gov agencies reported a 100% chance of a recession in the next 12 months. Here I was thinking we were already in one based on their definition 🙄
I've never really paid much attention to inflation, recession, all that stuff. Always paid attention to saving what I could, and having enough of what I NEEDED, and saving for a budget vacation once a year.

I guess, from what I've heard, that a recession is TWO quarters of minus growth in our (U.S.) economy. We're now PAST two quarters, so the dimocraps decided it's not two quarters any more to determine recession. It now more. No idea how much more. Probably until Mr. Trump takes office in 2025 so they can blame him.

Aren't they a great bunch?! :s0170:

Younger people have been in the deer in the headlights phase; prices must be temporary, nothing real going on, "I don't notice it". And work is still available for anyone who wants it, so again, nothing going on.

After more than a year of constantly rising I think it's sinking in that this time is different. For them of course lol us oldsters have seen this movie before.

I guess I am just not looking at the right stuff. The guns/ammo I see listed here that interest me are all asking basically what I would pay new from an on-line retailer or just a few bucks less. Might as well buy new.

Also, I guess for me I am holding off on "fun" purchases because of the economy and focusing more on getting better with what i already have.
Suppressors have also caught my eye and those eat up a lot of funds.

The last few election cycles had me budget and get almost everything I wanted. There aren't enough shiny new guns that do anything better than what I have.

The last few things I did buy was from here. An 18" upper and some ammo. That was 6 -8 months ago. Not only recession now but looming layoffs.

I haven't had any luck selling here in a long time now.

Inflation is affecting food, housing, and energy. Death by 1000 pinpricks. The only reason gas is lower is Brandon tapped the reserves to get his team through the election. Don't count on that next year.

I have been selling off my excess on Gunbroker and reinvesting my sales in smaller quantities of sporters I expect will be much harder to get in the near future.

Married but we have separate finances. It makes for much less arguing.
Smart man. Us too.

Sad to say but inflation is killing us, I did not even re up my rifle club membership, and i think im going to cancel comcast tv, when the contract is up in Jan, have you seen food prices, lordy lordy .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top