JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got 2 boxes of 7mm Mag, 2 boxes .30-06, and the last box of .223 at Bi-Mart this morning about 11 am. Didn't expect to find anything there. The 7mm and .30-06 was really all I was short of. Now I've got enough to get through deer season next fall.

Got 2 boxes of 7mm Mag, 2 boxes .30-06, and the last box of .223 at Bi-Mart this morning about 11 am. Didn't expect to find anything there. The 7mm and .30-06 was really all I was short of. Now I've got enough to get through deer season next fall.

Damn...how many shots does it normally take you to drop a deer?:huh: Awww...I'm just hackin' on ya...LOL!!!;)

The local sporting goods stores here are all starting to get the normal ammo back in stock. 45 auto, 9mm,.40S&W .223, 12 ga slugs,.308, etc.

well, all the regulars EXCEPT 22LR.

Apparatly some guy named Henry in Oklahoma sold the farm, bought 4 billion 22LR rounds and completely filled his tornado shelder to the very top with them.

Well luckily I bought about 500 worth this last summer or I would be hurting right now too. Some of the mail order places still have some ammo left. Just not a ton of good deals on it.

I'm hoping you are shooting that many for fun. If it takes you all 20 to get zeroed, I think you might be doing something wrong...

I fire 3 shot groups before each adjustment when sighting in. For a new scope that is nowhere near zero'd, it can take 5 or 6 adjustments. I'm not OK with less than perfection.

What is sad is the people who go in, buy up as much as they can, then sell it on facebook. I know, it's a free market and all that, but the prices they are asking (200% and up) is just.....well...anyway

Last Edited:
So..... once things return to "normal" are the ammunition manufacturers going to be in a world of hurt?

That is, everyone is buying up any ammo they can get their hands on. . . and stockpiling. Once things return to normal and people aren't panic buying I think they'll be looking around thinking "well, crap, I have X,000 rounds of ammo here. . . I guess I'm good for a while." At that point, sure the rest of us can get our hands on some ammunition but, I'm guessing there will be a bunch of people that won't be buying ammo for a while. So will the manufacturers be facing a situation where a chunk of their market won't be buying ammo for the next so many years?

So..... once things return to "normal" are the ammunition manufacturers going to be in a world of hurt?

That is, everyone is buying up any ammo they can get their hands on. . . and stockpiling. Once things return to normal and people aren't panic buying I think they'll be looking around thinking "well, crap, I have X,000 rounds of ammo here. . . I guess I'm good for a while." At that point, sure the rest of us can get our hands on some ammunition but, I'm guessing there will be a bunch of people that won't be buying ammo for a while. So will the manufacturers be facing a situation where a chunk of their market won't be buying ammo for the next so many years?

I seriously doubt they will suffer, I believe that those of us that started stocking up, will leave the stocks alone, and buy new only to replace what were now shooting.
WE NO LONGER HAVE TRUST ....watching this administration & home land security starting to look and act like the new SS, Gun confiscation, 2nd amendment attacks..Its the govt were watching now with great mistrust..we shall stay armed & prepared to defend our country and constitution against all enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC

Ammunition will return to normal quickly, once the hoarders stop wiping everybody out. It's anybody's guess how long that will take. Personally, I think that things should feel less frantic once we get some kind of 'final' answer on gun control legislation. I use quotation marks for 'final', because it should be obvious by now that we are always 1 shooting event away from another media blitz and months of political pressure. This is a fight we'll be involved in repeatedly, from here out.

22 LR is the one thing I have over 1k rounds of. I think a LOT of people are new to buying firearms from all the prep stuff on TV and fear of new gun control laws. I personally am kicking myself for not getting the 308 I was looking at in November before all this insanity started. Looks like I'll have to two gun it if things get bad...7.62x39 and the trusty 06 model 700. Maybe I can find a 15 lower somewhere cheap!
JCM

I have a nice collection of sporting rifles that I've purchased over the years. Not out of any fear of gun bans but just because I liked them. In fact, all the ones I've purchased were bought during the '94 AWB: AR-15, M96, HK USC, etc. So I'm kind of "good" on that front. It's just the ammo I'm short on.

Normally, I only head out once or twice a year shooting and I'll pick up a few boxes of whatever I want to shoot on the way out of town. I've never had much on hand at home. There wasn't much of a need.

But the next time I buy ammo when the prices come down again, I think I'll be buying it in bulk. Not for any concerns about having it stock piled but more for a price break. That said, buying it in bulk, well, it wouldn't be bad to have a stock pile.

Still...... with what's been going on recently has been nuts. I've never experienced anything like this, partly because I just got interested in purchasing my own firearms after the '94 AWB was already in place. So that was kind of the way it was. Any ways, recent history has got me thinking about maybe doing a slow stockpile build up over the next several years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top