JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My UPS delivery guy says he knows where to go when it hits the fan.
My grandkids will probably still be using some when they actually are born and grow up a lil.
I have ammo for firearms I don't have yet or have gotten rid of.
I don't worry about shortages like have happened in the past.
Does that mean I have enough? NO! I am deadeye and I am an addict.......

Not sure saying on a open forum is a good idea......I get why asking though.
Sometime I read what we post and have to realize these places are heavily monitored.
And may be used as references in sessions.

Screw em. I want them to know they better bring APCs and tear gas grenades when they come to drag me out of my hole. Actually I have a gas mask, so skip the TG act and just use thermite.

2 rounds of shotgun. It's all you need really.
we Live in a wooded somewhat secluded area, so I bought a shotgun... I told my wife if there was ever a problem, just go out on the balcony and fire two blasts, and I PROMISE you....
you don't need an AR15 and these "high capacity" mags. Besides they are harder to aim.

Last Edited:
Why are we talking minimum's? You go to the range and shoot a box then you go buy two. If you do that then your minimum is always going up and you don't have to worry.

Mic drop!!

I only have 9 rounds so far... for this !
MVC-003S (5).JPG
But they weigh 12-1/2 Pounds each (4 inch bore)
It guards my driveway !:)

Last Edited:
I keep about 4,000 of 5.56, 2000 of 9mm, 1000 .45 acp, 10,000 .22, 500 .308, 300 30-06 and about 40 for the other random calibers I have. I am always buying ammo if I see a good deal. I remember the dark days and vowed never to get caught paying extortion prices for cheap .22 ammo.

I find it important that we assess our living situation, financial situation and our shooting abilities/hobby.

We should store in my opinion 5 years worth of munitions for every caliber. If I shoot 500 rounds of 9mm a year then I should have 2500 on hand ready to go. I do not include components in this, only loaded rounds.

I reload. Usually 100 rounds at a time for larger calibers, and 300 rounds for the likes of 5.56.
It is important to have lots of reloading supplies on hand. However, there are many reasons for re-loading only in small quantities.
Mission objectives dictate the load's I use. Also, current environmental factors play a big role in the ballistic performance I look for.
You can never have enough .22 rim fire on hand. This is the only caliber I do not reload. Pretty much goes without saying'

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top