JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those that don't (yet?) have thousands of rounds of ammo stockpiled, how much is the absolute minimum you keep on hand? I keep a minimum 100 rds of .308 (3 loaded mags excluded) and 300 rds of 9mm (excluding what is in the mags I carry). As I am soon adding a 12 gauge I will likely keep 50 rds of slugs, 100 rds of 00 buck and 100 rds of bird shot.
I also keep 2 loaded pmags of 5.56 for a rifle I have not built, cause you neber know when you may find something it will run in win shtf.

If I dont have at least that amount of ammo, I dont go to the range without buying more. I never let my self get below those numbers. My plan is to add 40-80 rds of .308 and 100 rds of 9mm each month and keep increasing my minimum number. And some amount of 12 gauge as well.

Honest absolute minimum? Enough for my edc at full capacity and a handful of rounds for my hunting rifle. I try but I ain't made of money, son!

Enough that I don't have to/can't easily keep track. Just buy lots when you see a great deal, and keep it around. It will be useful at some point and price is not going to go down.

I'm always looking for more, regardless of what I have. I own somewhere around 80 PMags, and still chase the sales to get more....

Minimum? I don't get what that means....

Few hundred rounds of mk262 + 500 rds wolf gold for the rifle. (For target practice or backup)

Few hundred rounds HST for the 9mm + 500 rounds FMJ. (For target practice)

20-50 rds of 10mm XTP + another 50 in mags.

Couple thousand rounds of. 22.

Except that price MIGHT go down. Remember back in 2011 or so what ammo prices were?

Well, I guess that is my point. Enough so that when panic/hoarding causes prices to spike like that I don't have to buy any for a few years until it settles back down.

For primary, defensive calibers? A lot. For hunting/working calibers? A decent amount. For off-beat, just for fun, or oddball calibers? Meh, enough to enjoy.

Sorry, I can't give a hard and fast figure. When any of the three categories get depleted, more is bought. Rinse and repeat.

Not sure saying on a open forum is a good idea......I get why asking though.
Sometime I read what we post and have to realize these places are heavily monitored.
And may be used as references in sessions.

Sometime I read what we post and have to realize these places are heavily monitored.

Methinks you have LOTS of tinfoil. :D

It's pretty cheap right now so just buy more. It's not sour cream so you can literally have a lifetime supply on the shelf at any point.
I was just trying to get a rough count on mine about an hour ago and honestly lost track. It's safe to say that I could put a firearm and 1000 rounds in the hands of every single person who lives on my "block". But I'm always looking for more when I have a little spare cash.

Maybe. And maybe tomorrow I'll shoot up all the ammo and sell all the guns. Prove me wrong on Monday morning.;)

It's pretty cheap right now so just buy more. It's not sour cream so you can literally have a lifetime supply on the shelf at any point.
I was just trying to get a rough count on mine about an hour ago and honestly lost track. It's safe to say that I could put a firearm and 1000 rounds in the hands of every single person who lives on my "block". But I'm always looking for more when I have a little spare cash.

Tin foil? Yeah, the dollar store sells big rolls of it. Not too shabby either.

The problem is not having any BAM (bare azzed minimum), the problem is having the time to load more.
I currently have WAY more than I can carry, and more than can fit in my BOV with all my other gear, and i still think it's not enough. Six or so range sessions and it'll all be gone.
If I were to load it all, I'd have a few years worth and still be able to load it all over again.
I was going to buy some projectiles yesterday, and realized I already had enough material on hand to shoot through two barrels.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top