JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dare say my collection of mags for the m11/9 and sten are going to raise the wife's eyebrows when we move. I dread that part. However, I thankfully have close friends in the region we are moving to. With a private range. So even if I do not get mine right away...

If the Leftists who want to pass this would tell the truth, that passing 114 will literally end ALL gun sales in Oregon, then it likely wouldn't pass. However, if they lie about it and/or print extra ballots, it likely will pass. You do the math…

The Oregon Sheriffs Association estimates $40M is required to implement this and operate under the requirements for the first year. Now, do THAT math!

I believe this will end up just like Measure 110 has: hoards of uninformed/misinformed Oregon voters, which includes most voters here, will vote for it, and then regret it…

As far as what to buy, any gun or 10+ round mag you want, or what another poster said: a house in another state. The latter is my plan, but it's gonna be a few (looong) years.
"Most voters" on this forum are voting yes on 114?
Is that your statement?

I'd prioritize and magazine I think I'll need for the next few years. The mag ban portion will be overturned, but it will be a few years.

The draconian permitting is the beotch. It might be overturned by SCOTUS or even the people when they have to deal with the consequences, but as likely never will.

I expect it will result in either a year delay as they figure out how to provide training and what training is needed. By 2024 it will still be a major expense and inconvenience, but you will finally be able to buy and sell.

Thus my next priority is any firearm you think you will need for the next two years. This includes carry pieces that hold ten rounds otr less.

Also any gun with a tubular magazine that can hold more that ten rounds of the shortest ammo they can shoot. Think mini-shells for shotguns and 22 shorts. Such tubular magazines are a part of the firearm thus making it illegal.

I'm sure glad that people that don't know jack bubblegum about firearms get to author this type of legislation.

If you are within a metro area or nearby then plan to relocate. Preventing people from accessing the tools they need to defend themselves along with the destruction of law enforcement and DA's playing catch and release means BAD THINGS to everybody that isn't a criminal.

Yeah, there has been lip service from politicians about supporting LE, but they will blow the money on positions that don't walk the street or do the real work. I expect more admin jobs than anything else.

You really think it will pass?
My guess is it will pass with 73-74%. I really hope I'm wrong.

Getting frames and receivers would definitely be the cheapest way to go if those are the guns you want. I just saw some blem recievers somewhere for next to nothing. Can't remember where I saw it maybe in great deals section?

FFLs will be able to offer less money to sellers and continue selling out of State. That will increase their margins.
So once again, like SB 941 FFLs would gain a certain advantage.

I wonder though how many are going to sell what they have - especially if they know they can't readily buy anything, and may not ever again if they do NOT plan to take part in the permit process - whenever that might materialize.

So once again, like SB 941 FFLs would gain a certain advantage.

I wonder though how many are going to sell what they have - especially if they know they can't readily buy anything, and may not ever again if they do NOT plan to take part in the permit process - whenever that might materialize.
I don't see any advantage in the slightest for ffls. Restrictions to sales means less sales, as well as accessories mags etc. I see ffls just hanging on or going out of business though.

How many Washington gun owners showed up when their balls were on the band saw? 30%? I remember some statistic like that and you can probably expect similar from Oregon. And some gun owners will vote against their own interests.

Yes, I think buying more mags has merit, however I'm looking at guns that share mags I already own. Much easier to have 100 Glock 9mm mags than 10 Glock, 10 HK, 10 CZ, 10 Walther etc etc

I don't see any advantage in the slightest for ffls. Restrictions to sales means less sales, as well as accessories mags etc. I see ffls just hanging on or going out of business though.
Agreed. If an FFL's primary source of income is firearms sales/transfers, I don't see how they could survive for long under this monstrosity.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top