JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I tend to always look at the consequences of any event, look how I think it plays out. Look at the world around us and try to figure where things are headed. If 114 passes I suspect the short term rush will be on for anyone with money in their pockets.

I just ain't sure that anyone will ship high cap mags to Oregon if 114 passes even though it doesn't go into effect right away. I am not sure instant check will be working right and the slowdown could be long. The gun nuts here won't have any fear about protecting themselves as they have guns but they will feel really bad that burger King gun buying has gone away.

Those hurt worst in times of trouble will be the uninformed liberals that now can't buy a gun if they need one. The new system will work against them as crime grows and the economy crashes.

Ya I am probably full of crap because it hasn't passed yet but no sense waiting for the last minute to think things out.

Not sure what you mean by that, but if you mean private sales, those went away 7 years ago.
What I meant was guys around here own guns now and as crime gets worse they will have tools to protect themselves and their families. What gun lovers won't like is we won't be able to buy what we want due to restrictions, 10 shot centerfire guns are now the best you will get for mag capacity.

I would like to point out to 'Lift Every Voice Oregon' that Measure 114, the Changes to Firearm Ownership and Purchase Requirements Initiative (2022), does not pass the recent SCOTUS NYSRPA v. Bruen ruling on the text, history, and tradition test of the Second Amendment that now governs laws restricting the right to keep and bear arms – invalidating any gun laws that fail to meet its standard. And that should Measure 114 somehow pass, any judge in Oregon worth his or her salt will see through the charade that is Measure 114 and dismiss it as being unconstitutional.
And yes I voted NO on Measure 114 as well.
That's a relief. Just send a copy of your post to OSP and FFLs around the State and we will have nothing to worry about.

Still too close to call, but sucks being on the bottom at the moment. Sad what the totality of the results tell me about the mindset of the majority of constituents in my state. Really need to focus on the mental illness that makes them repeat history, remove consequences for crime, and reduce peoples ability to defend themselves.

Watch yourself there Sparky.
You don't know me.
I get you're a tad angry this morning - but saying sh!t like this to strangers you don't know won't make you feel better about yourself.

;)
No intent meant to demean or insult you or anyone buddy, just wish there was more resistance to this bogus tyrannical nonsense than to simply comply with it.

Carry on your way, as I will in my way... :cool:

My guess is it must be a joke. Spending $1150 on 10 round mags makes no sense. I could by a good mp5 clone for that.
I have my reasons.
It was kind of a joke... kinda...
But to be honest,
a) I have PLENTY of standard cap mags. Plenty.
b) I have a couple nice AR's with nice triggers.
c) A few of my favorite shooting spots are on public lands.
d) I have ALREADY drawn attention from Rangers because of 'fast trigger' mag dumps with standard cap mags in the past... Moving forward - with my luck - I can imagine there's gonna be some LEO in the woods who knows how to count to 10. :rolleyes:
No intent meant to demean or insult you or anyone buddy, just wish there was more resistance to this bogus tyrannical nonsense than to simply comply with it.

Carry on your way, as I will in my way... :cool:
We're all in this together partner. ;)

I have my reasons.
It was kind of a joke... kinda...
But to be honest,
a) I have PLENTY of standard cap mags. Plenty.
b) I have a couple nice AR's with nice triggers.
c) A few of my favorite shooting spots are on public lands.
d) I have ALREADY drawn attention from Rangers because of 'fast trigger' mag dumps with standard cap mags in the past... Moving forward - with my luck - I can imagine there's gonna be some LEO in the woods who knows how to count to 10. :rolleyes:

We're all in this together partner. ;)
I won't be complying with measure 114 so spending $1150 on 10 round mags makes no sense to my way of thinking. Especially when 30 rounders would cost about $400 less. I may buy a couple 10 rounders just for show though if it fits with what I'm doing.

I won't be complying with measure 114 so spending $1150 on 10 round mags makes no sense to my way of thinking. Especially when 30 rounders would cost about $400 less. I may buy a couple 10 rounders just for show though if it fits with what I'm doing.
Well... if you ever need any 10 rounders, you know where you can find me. I'll probably have a few extra to spare. ;)

Im glad because well I'm buying something ive been eyeing for a while, but I'm pretty bummed that I'm only doing this because I don't think I'll be able to score a pdp sd pro with black friday pricing and we've got the 114 ban going into effect in 30 or so days. I know we're talking about "its going to be overturned', I know I can possibly get a 10round variant of that pdp sd pro, but it still irks me that I voted and went as hard as I could to ask everyone to vote against this, and here we are with a ban that, frankly, people who want to see school shootings stop and see this as an easy strawman to burn. Well, that's my end rant. I'm glad I can at least pickup a turknelli clone before they attempt to do the semiauto ban next year.

It really is confusing and disheartening the way this state votes.

Recent SCOTUS rulings have been a trend in the right direction but we all know that will take some time.

Give them an inch...
They eat the whole cake.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top