JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fact is that if folks are unwilling to vote out the bad politicians then the folks will live under bad laws.

Oregon has had decades to vote them out but haven't so the fruits of your labors come forward.

Sorry if this post is to political, I just can't help myself...o_O
Don't forget there are roughly 100K college students living temporarily and voting in Oregon. They are naive and easily duped, and they vote 90% Democratic. The Dems work those college campuses diligently, making sure every one of those students is registered and voting "correctly".

What to buy? Anything you think you may need/want that holds more than 10 rounds.
The Lord has provided and I feel what I currently have is adequate.
That said I'm praying that 114 does not pass.

Short answer, yes. With magazine well conversion. No idea on reliability of such*

*Long answer? Dunno, never got into 9mm AR platform. Hopefully folks far more familiar with such will chime in.
there are several ways to do this. CMMG RDB upper, mag block convertors. and yes, it works fine. If you go CMMG, they are top notch, but dedicated and expensive mags. If not, I suggest the Taccom3g barrels.

It's up to all of us to ask our loved ones to please vote no on 114. "I've never asked you for a favor like this, but please vote no on 114, it's flawed, fixes nothing, and will impact me negatively in a big way. "

It's that simple, ask everyone you know nicely.

It's always been a step by step process. You are going to see guys trying to sell all their guns before 114 goes in because selling a gun is going to get difficult. It's part of the control process.
What about shipping guns out of state (via GunBroker?) to sell if 114 passes and halts things here?

Last Edited:
The word "safety" needs to be omitted from every description of this bill. "Safety" is not the motivation behind it and the word is only used to stir emotions and deceive voters. The majority of the people who vote for it probably won't even read the whole thing and will be naively voting away their RIGHTS.

If the Leftists who want to pass this would tell the truth, that passing 114 will literally end ALL gun sales in Oregon, then it likely wouldn't pass. However, if they lie about it and/or print extra ballots, it likely will pass. You do the math…

The Oregon Sheriffs Association estimates $40M is required to implement this and operate under the requirements for the first year. Now, do THAT math!

I believe this will end up just like Measure 110 has: hoards of uninformed/misinformed Oregon voters, which includes most voters here, will vote for it, and then regret it…

As far as what to buy, any gun or 10+ round mag you want, or what another poster said: a house in another state. The latter is my plan, but it's gonna be a few (looong) years.

Last Edited:
I hate to say it, but im like OP, late to the firearm party. Fortunately i have some money to buy future projects and have been able to hedge some, but to say ive bought a lot due to 114 would be an understatement. now im making the "last 30 days" list of magazines for future firearms and maybe one more handgun (In case it passes).

if it doesn't pass, thats fine too, i got some sweet stuff now instead of spreading it out over 5 years.

YOLO

for what its worth i think its not going to pass and Oregon governor will flip red

So I'm unfortunately late to purchasing all the firearms I want if by some miracle 114 passes. Which leaves me with a tight budget on what to purchase. I've thought it out, and I think the best solution would be to purchase the frames and recievers of what firearms I would want, and build them out myself, leaving me with more money to spend on the magazines for said projects. Would that be the best solution in instead of buying the firearms I want? Or should I just purchase the firearms? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My advice is to buy an Easy Jig 3 and all the 80% lowers you can afford. Give them to friends and family as gifts, and show them how to use your jig.

Personally, the firearms on my lustful list are a bit pricey with holidays around the corner, therefore Im focusing on magazines of various kinds (more for collecting) and some for future use as well as the obtainable firearms lower on my buy list.

If the ban doesn't go through Id still want the mags Im after and yhe firearms Im gunning for, so its no big deal.

Purely firearm focused?
Since uppers and the mag adapter are not under scrutiny: Im also heavily looking at the PSA two for one deals or magazine bundle (with firearm) deals. Most likely Ill get a Springfield XDM 10mm with 6 mags OR the dagger with the 10 mags this month (I know, its got its drawbacks) or even the 5.7 rock with 10 mags or the AK triangle folder + dagger deal.. I feel those give a purchaser the best bang for the buck.

My prediction is that it will pass. A lot of 2A supporters in this state have no clue as to the ramifications of 114 passing and that is the major obstacle we are facing in getting it defeated at the polls.

I've already bought my firearms that I need along with stocking up on standard capacity magazines to last me and my family through our lifetimes.

When it passes I will most likely stop posting on this board and I think firearm sales in this state will all but dissappear until 114 is overturned in the court
If someone is clueless about 114 they are not a 2A supporter, sorry. I can't count the number of people I've dealt with up here who were "angry" when I informed them about I-1639. I told them they forfeited their right to be angry when they ignored their ballot.

So I'm unfortunately late to purchasing all the firearms I want if by some miracle 114 passes. Which leaves me with a tight budget on what to purchase. I've thought it out, and I think the best solution would be to purchase the frames and recievers of what firearms I would want, and build them out myself, leaving me with more money to spend on the magazines for said projects. Would that be the best solution in instead of buying the firearms I want? Or should I just purchase the firearms? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The only thing you would need to get if 114 were to pass would be a CMMG Banshee 100 in 10mm. The raw power of 10 mm in a reliable platform that uses Glock magazines. Sasquatches Gugwes, Skunk Apes, the Wendigo, zombies, liberals and any other low vermin you can think of All fear the 10mm and the Banshee is the best way to deliver that round to your target. Why, I would be willing to bet there could be one of these for sale in the classifieds...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top