JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Kinda like the spellin and gramer Nazis round here, very offensive to some and not welcome at all! People is people, and we are all different, no need to have to constantly correct for some ones ideal of perfect, none of us are or ever will be!
Very much agreed.

I write ( post ) like how I talk...

If you understood my post / message ...
Then it don't matter whether or not I used correct spelling , grammar or whatnot..
You understood what it was that I was trying to get across.

With all that said...
I also understand that adherence to the rules of the English Language may make things easier to understand...
As well as providing a standard which to strive for.

However....
That also takes away individual expression...which is sadly being eroded away in many aspects of today's world.
Andy

Very much agreed.

I write ( post ) like how I talk...

If you understood my post / message ...
Then it don't matter whether or not I used correct spelling , grammar or whatnot..
You understood what it was that I was trying to get across.

With all that said...
I also understand that adherence to the rules of the English Language may make things easier to understand...

However....
That also takes away individual expression...which is sadly being eroded away in many parts of today's world.
Andy

Makes sense. Just please, please don't use "that" when you mean "who".
I despise people who do that.
You see how that ☝️ works? "Who", not "that". You can have "a" instead of "an", just give me that one. We're not animals, right?

:D

I always tend to cringe when people type alot instead of a lot. I have to fight the urge to correct them but I'm not their English teacher or momma so... I just go on about my day.

also understand that adherence to the rules of the English Language may make things easier to understand...

Shortly after the end of the Spanish American War the US took control of the Philippines, an archipelago of several thousand islands.
It was immediately discovered that these islands had an immense diversity of cultures, complete with their own distinct languages. The people of one island could not necessarily understand the language of a neighboring island or region.
Now, put yourself in the place of the American General who was expected to be responsible for administration of the new US satellite territory.
His solution was to create new offìcial language for the Philippines. All official interaction between the islands and the central government in Manila was expected to be done using "Tagalog", a conglomeration of English and some of the predominant local dialects.
Surprisingly, it suceeded. Today, some hundred years later, it is still the official language of the Philippines, although it is common to hear English spoken everywhere.

Shortly after the end of the Spanish American War the US took control of the Philippines, an archipelago of several thousand islands.
It was immediately discovered that these islands had an immense diversity of cultures, complete with their own distinct languages. The people of one island could not necessarily understand the language of a neighboring island or region.
Now, put yourself in the place of the American General who was expected to be responsible for administration of the new US satellite territory.
His solution was to create new offìcial language for the Philippines. All official interaction between the islands and the central government in Manila was expected to be done using "Tagalog", a conglomeration of English and some of the predominant local dialects.
Surprisingly, it suceeded. Today, some hundred years later, it is still the official language of the Philippines, although it is common to hear English spoken everywhere.
Yep....I knew that already , being interested in history as I am.

However...I will still write and speak as I wish...:D
Andy

Net has pretty much screwed the culture, folks get ugly when it isn't face to face. Only two men here have ever seen my face but a heck of a lot of men hate my words. Words of a total stranger yet gents go through them with a fine tooth comb looking for something to hate, something to fight about.

Net manages and manipulates everyone on it but it's an addiction, feels good to do battle when it cost nothing but words. Those words and every word is there forever.

"In this report, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) is reviewing legal compliance by the NSA and FBI in accessing the NSA database that houses the private electronic records, metadata, of every American. This is the core of the FISA-702 authorization, where 702 indicates an American citizen protected from illegal searches and seizures by the Fourth Amendment.
The NSA database contains the private electronic data (metadata) of every single American – including emails, text messages, social media posts, instant messages, direct messages, phone calls, geolocation identifiers, purchases by electronic funds, banking records and any keystroke any American person puts into any electronic device for any reason. [A big issue here is the use of Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) but that's for a different article.]"

Did you vote for that?

Never cared for "FIFY" .

As for me and what I wrote.. I said it the way I wanted to...it is my posting.
If I wanted it fixed...I would have done it myself.

So no you didn't fix anything for me....you quoted me..
Then changed what I wrote , to fit someone's ideas of the English language.

FIFY , can be seen as assuming , arrogant and condescending...

I understand that your posting and FIFY were in jest...
Just don't care for it at all.
Please do not "FIFY" me any more.
Andy
Kinda like the spellin and gramer Nazis round here, very offensive to some and not welcome at all! People is people, and we are all different, no need to have to constantly correct for some ones ideal of perfect, none of us are or ever will be!

And people like you are why the GOP keeps LOSING.

Enjoy 2024 then. We're likely going to lose the House, Senate, and Presidency.

But hey.....at least you told those trannies, Bud Light, and Disney what's what. That's important.

Bingo! Christians need to go back to minding their own business and keeping the Lord's Word in their church.
I keep being told by Liberals/Marxists not to worry. GOD will fix all this!! Yeah, just like he fixed Cuba and Venezuela!!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads