JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
according to oregonlive and kgw, 114 passed .. google still says only 56 percent but im not setting my hopes high.

question: so what now? what will happen? what are the things we can do?

this measure doesnt have grandfather clause so meaning buying mags now wont matter as it will still be unlawful after December 7.

unfunded permitting process wont be available in a month, few months or even a year.. meaning, we wont be able to buy anything unless another measure opposing this comes out but that will 2024.

Last Edited:
Now we have to challenge each part of this multi topic Ballot Measure. Magazine limits will probably be nullified in the next few months by the Ninth Circuit. The unfunded requirements for Purchase Permit will take more time to defeat. A publicly searchable database of all Firearms Permit holders violates the Fourth Ammendment. Any additional BS that is not challenged will remain the law.

Probably one upside to this, if there is such a thing, is the wake up factor. Every time some new piece of crap gun law goes in it takes a LOT of shooters months and even years to find out it happened. Since so many of them pay zero attention to what is going on around them. This law is particularly over the top bad. So for weeks and months people who could not be bothered to vote but do want to shoot and or own guns? They will get slapped in the face when they find out what happened while they ignored the world around them. Should be fun to watch the screaming. :cool:

Outside of Multnomah County, the entire rest of Oregon cumulatively voted this down. Going forward, I say that the rest of Oregon ought to excommunicate Portland from the State.

Start a 'Boycott Portland' movement. After all, they've overwhelmingly voted to restrict our constitutionally protected civil right.

Outside of Multnomah County, the entire rest of Oregon cumulatively voted this down. Going forward, I say that the rest of Oregon ought to excommunicate Portland from the State.

Start a 'Boycott Portland' movement. After all, they've overwhelmingly voted to restrict our constitutionally protected civil right.
If, and that's a big if, gun owners would do this in mass? They could really hurt these morons. Wife and I long ago stopped setting foot in Seattle. If most shooters did this? The hit to the tax bast there would be devastating. If the mass of shooters in OR make a point to never buy anything in Potland they could cause real pain.

Probably one upside to this, if there is such a thing, is the wake up factor. Every time some new piece of crap gun law goes in it takes a LOT of shooters months and even years to find out it happened. Since so many of them pay zero attention to what is going on around them. This law is particularly over the top bad. So for weeks and months people who could not be bothered to vote but do want to shoot and or own guns? They will get slapped in the face when they find out what happened while they ignored the world around them. Should be fun to watch the screaming. :cool:
Most members here were awake. Not sure how much good it will do if a few more milquetoast gunowners are made aware of it.

At this point I think we'll have to do our best as individuals to mitigate the damages and support our favorite local gun shops. They may have a short boom time and then it could be a tough row depending on how OSP and the Sheriff's handle their parts.

If, and that's a big if, gun owners would do this in mass? They could really hurt these morons. Wife and I long ago stopped setting foot in Seattle. If most shooters did this? The hit to the tax bast there would be devastating. If the mass of shooters in OR make a point to never buy anything in Potland they could cause real pain.
It would take a grassroots effort.

Problem is, the majority of firearms owners are old fogies that don't have the energy, or gumption, or tech-savvyness like the youngblood whippersnappers do to cultivate a movement on the internet social media neworks.

What I mean by "fogies" is anyone older than 35 y.o. ;)

F.W.I.W. -- UPDATE: As of 1:30a the difference is down to <1% at this point in time, .88% to be exact, only a 12K vote difference.

While I am with you in spirit Alex, I think we can't forget the fact of the population. When you compare the voting populations of Portland Beaverton Salem and Eugene, filled with left of center non firearm oriented voters to the rest of state we have a problem. While we should appreciate the support from the rest of the state, which did show up nicely in the votes, we can't depend on that to turn the tide of the anti's. When those of us who were standing with signs on the overpasses were flipped off, each of those fingers reflected hundreds of yes voters.
Additionally, lets look at the lack luster support of those business and organizations who were supposedly on our side (?)
The NRA, as I anticipated, mainly showed up to bang the tambourine and pass the collection plate. OK things cost money, we all get that. I'm now again waiting for that return on my money.
I have been an NRA member a number of times, but have repeatedly been disappointed in the return on investment. Well this time they dropped the ball on one of the most draconian POS gun measures in the dam country.

So what did we get, some signs ? Hell we collectively did that ourselves without paying a middle man.
Oh, I do have some neat looking NRA decals though.

Last Edited:
its like seattle. if king county votes blue the whole state looses. it should be by county , each get 1 vote. not let 1 city rule the state.

the state takes all the money and dumps it into king county. someone in spokane should not have to pay for king counties issues

While I am with you in spirit Alex, I think we can't forget the fact of the population when you compare the voting populations of Portland Beaverton Salem, filled with left of center and non firearm oriented voters.
I have never expected to sway the non gun people. What burns me every couple years is millions of gun owners who vote for this crap. A LOT of them in OR voted for this latest bowel of crap. So now they can enjoy it, they did ask for it. Maybe if they keep getting more bowels of crap they will one day get tired of it. If they don't? Sooner or later we will be just like places like the UK. Guns will not be completely gone but, they sure as hell will not be like it is now. When it happens it will be gun owners who did it to themselves by making excuses for why they could not be bothered to vote well.

I have never expected to sway the non gun people. What burns me every couple years is millions of gun owners who vote for this crap. A LOT of them in OR voted for this latest bowel of crap. So now they can enjoy it, they did ask for it. Maybe if they keep getting more bowels of crap they will one day get tired of it. If they don't? Sooner or later we will be just like places like the UK. Guns will not be completely gone but, they sure as hell will not be like it is now. When it happens it will be gun owners who did it to themselves by making excuses for why they could not be bothered to vote well.
I know exactly what you are talking about Alex.
I have had a close friend since we were both kids, and he is a multiple gun owner. We have had multiple heated conversations on this thing.
"Oh stop worrying about that..it'll never pass and besides we have the Constitution". ...

"You silly sunofa.. The Constitution isn't a dam insurance policy that you put in your glovebox ! You have to protect it or some bubblegum is gonna steal it from you".
Well, down one friend now. I am beginning to think that a lot of people are simply inable to think outside of their wired "Safe Space".

Attn mods...sorry about activating the bubblegum machine, I usually try to encrypt my potty words.
I've been up all night and I'm ticked
Ob1 out

Last Edited:
I expect that Jay and Sideshow Bob up here in WA have seen this and are licking their chops. This is going to spread north and south.

Lawsuits will be filed. Money will be burned. People will still have to obey for several years.

The whole left coast needs to be expelled from the US.

Its going to be waste of time for me to ramble off about how I feel about 114 passing, because I am sure 99.99% of you all here feel the same way.
My wife and I teach concealed carry classed (both Utah and Oregon). I am not sure yet how that is going to affect us. From what I am understanding is that since there is not provisions to grandfather in any existing firearm ownerships, and you will need a permit to buy a firearm, technically, nobody owns firearms anymore (legally anyway). Since nobody technically owns a gun, why would you need a concealed carry permit for something you do not have any more. Not to mention almost every normal handgun is now outlawed anyway. So, I am not sure if we will continue or not after December 7th. I do not know if we will be able to. We teach at a gun shop, who know if they'll even be able to stay open after December 7th.

Just a matter of time before our friends up north get the same treatment.
YEP! Voters up here, many of them gun owners, told jay and side show bob they wanted more so they will get more. One bit of "justice" is since crime did not cause people to decide to change crime will keep getting worse. As more people who supported this go to buy a gun finally and find out its a chore, they can enjoy it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews