JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm unfortunately late to purchasing all the firearms I want if by some miracle 114 passes. Which leaves me with a tight budget on what to purchase. I've thought it out, and I think the best solution would be to purchase the frames and recievers of what firearms I would want, and build them out myself, leaving me with more money to spend on the magazines for said projects. Would that be the best solution in instead of buying the firearms I want? Or should I just purchase the firearms? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So I'm unfortunately late to purchasing all the firearms I want if by some miracle 114 passes. Which leaves me with a tight budget on what to purchase. I've thought it out, and I think the best solution would be to purchase the frames and recievers of what firearms I would want, and build them out myself, leaving me with more money to spend on the magazines for said projects. Would that be the best solution in instead of buying the firearms I want? Or should I just purchase the firearms? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
It will be a miracle if Measure 114 doesn't pass.

I would definitely get your frames and receivers asap. You don't want to be stuck in the queue when Jan 1st 2023 roles around in case transfer approvals are put on hold. There will be plenty of time to buy mags after the election. Should be lots of magazine deals during black friday week.

It will be a miracle if Measure 114 doesn't pass.

I would definitely get your frames and receivers asap. You don't want to be stuck in the queue when Jan 1st 2023 roles around in case transfer approvals are put on hold. There will be plenty of time to buy mags after the election. Should be lots of magazine deals during black friday week.

Between now and election day I would advise doing everything you can to oppose Measure 114. It may still pass but at least you can say you didn't go down without a fight.
You really think it will pass?

I will be very surprised (and happy) if it doesn't. We have an overwhelming number of gun haters in this State and they are motivated to vote this year because of Governors race.
I feel the same way but believe more pro 2a voters will come out this year due to the measure. I guess it's a toss up.

I'm cheered by the fact that Drazan, the Republican candidate, is actually ahead in the polls. Even with some of the pro 2A vote being siphoned off by Betsy Johnson, who was a Democrat up until she wanted to run for gov.

Many care more about 2A now than ever before, I think. Rural people are almost always pro 2A because it's obvious that LE really can't get there fast enough to actually stop a crime. That's also true in cities, but most city people don't realize that. Now, with frequently nothing but busy signals on 911 lines and LE unwilling or unable to respond to calls, even many urbanites have come to realize that primary responsibility for the safety of them and their families is theirs.

My prediction is that it will pass. A lot of 2A supporters in this state have no clue as to the ramifications of 114 passing and that is the major obstacle we are facing in getting it defeated at the polls.

I've already bought my firearms that I need along with stocking up on standard capacity magazines to last me and my family through our lifetimes.

When it passes I will most likely stop posting on this board and I think firearm sales in this state will all but dissappear until 114 is overturned in the courts.

I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

I have a couple firearm purchases that I had planned for December but I moved the schedule up and bought them this month.

Another order that I have in the works is a CMP 1911. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to expidite that order. I have to simply wait my turn, and judging by the current rate of order fulfillment, will be in December. Hopefully it doesn't get stuck in limbo at my FFL.

-E-

Last Edited:
If you are on a budget probably a complete lower or two from PSA and magazines. You can have the uppers shipped directly to your house.

My prediction is that it will pass. A lot of 2A supporters in this state have no clue as to the ramifications of 114 passing and that is the major obstacle we are facing in getting it defeated at the polls.

I've already bought my firearms that I need along with stocking up on standard capacity magazines to last me and my family through our lifetimes.

When it passes I will most likely stop posting on this board and I think firearm sales in this state will all but dissappear until 114 is overturned in the courts.
^^This is 100% true. People don't know and don't care. All they know is there is too much "gun violence" on the news.

The reality is an exploding population combined with the (recent) lawless and permissive attitude(s) of Portlanders has encouraged sh*tty people to come here and stir the pot.

... And I really think the tipping point was "Occupy Wall Street" when it started to become okay to trash things. This is a shame, because I used to live in Portland years ago when it was still a safe, clean, and fun city. The worst thing you could see back then was the street kids. The junkies and sex workers stuck to certain areas, and the gang bangers stayed in certain areas.

A lot of 2A supporters in this state have no clue as to the ramifications of 114 passing
Double ditto this!

I have talked to many (2A supporters and gun owners) and several were completely unaware of 114.

This lack of 'awareness' of it might lead some to vote FOR it due to being 'duped' by poor or overwhelming wording in the description of it.

Like everyone else however I am hoping (nearly praying) it does NOT pass....

If 114 does pass then the market will change in huge ways.

It looks like you can buy as many guns as you want after you get the five year permit but anything built for high caps will only have 10 round mags.

Odd a permit to buy a gun but still a bc but the state never stops a tax after they start one.

If it goes through then Oregon becomes just like kali with residents fighting for their rights for decades.

Under 114 I think I would buy magazines first, they are not banning guns yet, just magazines.

It looks like you can buy as many guns as you want after you get the five year permit but anything built for high caps will only have 10 round mags.

Odd a permit to buy a gun but still a bc but the state never stops a tax after they start one.

If it goes through then Oregon becomes just like kali with residents fighting for their rights for decades.

Under 114 I think I would buy magazines first, they are not banning guns yet, just magazines.
Don't forget that your permit needs to be renewed every 5 years. What a cluster-bubblegum.

Also LEVO has already committed to IP 18 which will ban any semiautomatic firearm with detachable magazines.

Also LEVO has already committed to IP 18 which will ban any semiautomatic firearm with detachable magazines.
It's always been a step by step process. You are going to see guys trying to sell all their guns before 114 goes in because selling a gun is going to get difficult. It's part of the control process.

It may take 6 months to set up the training,
Maybe, if they had a 'plan' to follow, or to use as a 'benchmark' - but I doubt anything like this exists and they will most likely be on their own.

Add to this the probable lack of care, or any enthusiasm for it and I could see it stretching on for a lot longer - like maybe a year or more (and probably more).

Fact is that if folks are unwilling to vote out the bad politicians then the folks will live under bad laws.

Oregon has had decades to vote them out but haven't so the fruits of your labors come forward.

Sorry if this post is to political, I just can't help myself...o_O

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top