JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
US
This and San Francisco Bridge as well

Occupy Wall Street Plans Massive May Day Bridge and Tunnel Blockade in NYC
Posted on April 23, 2012 at 6:07am by Buck Sexton

Occupy Wall Street plans to come back with a bang in less than ten days when it unleashes its May Day General Strike that could blockade the bridges and tunnels necessary for New York City to function.

Occupywallstreet.org lays out the plan openly on its website:

“On May 1, 2012, autonomous direct action groups within Occupy Wall Street, as a part of the global mobilizations for general strike and economic non-compliance, will block one or more Manhattan-bound bridges or tunnels to protest the shameful opulence of the 1%.”

In addition to the planned transit blockade, Occupy is rallying factions across the country in solidarity with general strikes around the world: “For the first time, workers, students, immigrants, and the unemployed from over 115 U.S. cities will stand together for economic justice.”

The global breadth of the protests comes alongside recent Occupy efforts to tie itself to a long history of protest and social upheaval, including the NYC Fiscal Crisis of 1975:

“Last fall, when Occupy Wall Street blocked the Brooklyn Bridge for several hours, we were acting within a long line of protest in New York City that stretches back to the so-called Fiscal Crisis of 1975, which much like now, was a bank led assault against working people. In the summer of 1975, striking hospital employees, including doctors and nurses, blocked the Brooklyn Bridge. The bridge was even blocked by thousands of laid-off police, the very people who act as the guard dogs of the 1%.”

Occupy-affiliated websites have also begun to highlight the history and significance of New York’s Union Square, which is currently the makeshift daily headquarters of the movement after they were evicted from their Zuccotti Park encampment.

The storied Marxist-activist past of Union Square is unknown to most New Yorkers (and the rest of America) but shows that the Occupiers have added a knowledge of history to their organizational tactics and digital media savvy. According to OccupyWallSt.org, Union Square,

“started being used for political rallies soon after notable Labor Day marches in the 1860s (the traditional spring festival of May Day became International Worker’s Day to many after the 1886 Haymarket incident in Chicago), but … it is really only in the beginning of the 20th Century when the use for political demonstrations really began.” Specifically, the IWW (Industrial Workers of the World) starts to have a lot of events.”

It also appears that the Occupiers may use a dual-pronged approach on May Day, as some major labor unions have applied for and received a legal protest permit to walk from Union Square to Battery Park at the bottom of Manhattan.

But that legal protest activity by no means precludes the possibility of disruptive illegal protest– even so-called “Black bloc” tactics— from defining the May Day General strike. The Occupiers themselves point out that:

“both the Brooklyn Bridge and the Holland Tunnel were shut down during protests of the shooting death of Sean Bell. But this May 1, we will create the biggest shut down the city of New York has ever seen.”

Where is this all going? What purpose does the general strike serve in the broader context of the Occupy movement?

Learn everything you need to know about the Occupy Movement, where it‘s been and where it’s going in this ebook Occupy: American Spring, the Making of a Revolution,

Some preps are good for a wide range of threats, others are much more specific.
1. Determine the most likely and most dangerous threats (not necessarily the same thing). Most likely: Several days of no power & traffic stoppages (ice storm several years ago). More dangerous: A Katrina-like event which lasts for months.

2. Determine the resources you will need to survive the most likely and most dangerous threats. Resources include skills, stuff, and people. Skills include weapons/tactics, first aid, equipment maintenance, etc. Stuff includes food (how much is based on how many people and how long), ammo/weapons, commo gear, first aid/medical supplies, fuel, etc. People: Who will you group with to survive? Short-term events can be handled just with immediate family; longer-term disasters require forming a community to pool resources for survival; some disasters (specifically a pandemic) require isolation in small groups for a period.

3. Acquire the resources necessary for survival. Practice the skills. Organize and train the group.

4. All of these "preps" also get us ready for our obligations as members of the "Constitutional Militia". (You know the one: That body of the entire citizenry, trained and prepared to defend their communities, the nation, and the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.)

Just remember that the Government is jealous of its "Sovereignty" and doesn't like competition. Oh yeah, and Washington has a statute against "forming bodies of armed men", and the governor may prohibit weapons' carry outside of the home/business during a declared emergency. (More unconstitutional laws.)
(Yeah, I know: "We the People" are sovereign, not the government: Convince the Feds and the Progressives of that!)

Agreed, steps 1--4

Overturning that stupid WA State law is paramount but the feds can still try anything they like, any time.. the real question (as Sean Connery asked in The Untouchables) is,

What are you prepared to do about it?

Overturning that stupid WA State law is paramount but the feds can still try anything they like, any time.. the real question (as Sean Connery asked in The Untouchables) is,

North Carolina just got rid of a similar law. The difference between the two (if I have my facts right), is that in Washington the Gov CAN prohibit carry outside the home (it's not automatic in a declared emergency); in NC, ANY state emergency declaration automatically included the prohibition. (The gov there said that she would never have enforced that provision; Gregoire certainly WOULD!)

What to do about it? Citizen initiate to repeal? Legislative action? (I can just see this one passing through Adam Kline's senate commitee. Yeah, Right!) If that fails, there is always the Solshenitzyn solution: During the Stalinist purges, if the peasants/workers/intelligentsia had been armed & willing to shoot the NKVD agents who came to take them away, that the agents themselves would have refused to enforce the purges.

North Carolina just got rid of a similar law. The difference between the two (if I have my facts right), is that in Washington the Gov CAN prohibit carry outside the home (it's not automatic in a declared emergency); in NC, ANY state emergency declaration automatically included the prohibition. (The gov there said that she would never have enforced that provision; Gregoire certainly WOULD!)

What to do about it? Citizen initiate to repeal? Legislative action? (I can just see this one passing through Adam Kline's senate commitee. Yeah, Right!) If that fails, there is always the Solshenitzyn solution: During the Stalinist purges, if the peasants/workers/intelligentsia had been armed & willing to shoot the NKVD agents who came to take them away, that the agents themselves would have refused to enforce the purges.

The last paragraph is where I am at and I was born ready.. just let them try it..

USA is the NWO crowd's Waterloo

Yes,ye,yes,I truly believe ,if you live in an urban area,that S will hit the fan,before the end of May.
It all depends on if they ask for a new venue.Which doesn't seem the case since the people in Florida can shoot a person for committing a felony.Like $200 worth

Zimmerman will walk and the riots will ensue.
The only thing that will calm this is if we get a new president.

Yes,ye,yes,I truly believe ,if you live in an urban area,that S will hit the fan,before the end of May.
It all depends on if they ask for a new venue.Which doesn't seem the case since the people in Florida can shoot a person for committing a felony.Like $200 worth

Zimmerman will walk and the riots will ensue.
The only thing that will calm this is if we get a new president.

Indeed it is a possible.. many the people of my faith believe the 2012 thing has validity along with current events to enforce this view.. I am a bit of a skeptic on setting dates but again, I was born ready

If the new president is Romney it may even further trigger violence, we are at a crux/tipping point that few recognize

Indeed it is a possible.. many the people of my faith believe the 2012 thing has validity along with current events to enforce this view.. I am a bit of a skeptic on setting dates but again, I was born ready

If the new president is Romney it may even further trigger violence, we are at a crux/tipping point that few recognize

Do you mean violent acts from the NWO/"Occupy" folks? Did anyone catch the stories from Portland over the weekend? About thirty "Occupiers" tried to take over Chapman Park again: Police made them move on, but the Police Bureau says that the Occupiers got a little ugly, and threats were made.

Well Dick Clark is dead,so we can't ring in the new year anyway.

But we have just too many people in need,Look at the new figures for college graduates.
53% will not be able to get a job? That ain't gunna help anything.
And I believe the racial tension is rising.

I'm not buying the Mayan calender thing,I'm more likely to believe they didn't find the second disc or they didn't get to it yet
Did y'all know about all the seismic activity lately? Haven't checked into it yet

Everyone Should see this. It would be interesting to see if there is one of these camps around the PacNW

Yeah that makes great TV I got 8 minutes in to it and had to stop.
Anybody with some writing skills can spin any thing any way they want.
There is evidence everywhere that can legitimize their claims.
BTW,Jesse isn't exactly the best representative to make the "main stream" believe this stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government Firebombed? Seattle Bank of America Hit with Improvised Explosive Ahead of Possible ‘May Day' Action

Police are investigating an improvised explosive device that was chucked through the window of a Bank of America in Seattle, Washington late Wednesday night.
According to police, the perpetrators threw a bottle filled with gasoline through the bank's window, but luckily, the fire did not spread and no one was injured. They are treating the matter as attempted arson.
No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, but reports speculate that it could be connected to vociferous anarchist calls for shutting down Seattle ahead of "May Day" on May 1st.

Puget Sound Anarchists, in particular, are seemingly actively involved in the effort, having made a video, posters, and a "what to expect in Seattle on May Day" section on their website.
In line with recent Bank of America attack, their website also celebrates a "Large rock and molotov thrown at Wells Fargo – Portland," which was evidently done in memory of "an artist and trans/queer femme of color who recently killed herself" because of the "cissexist (sic), femmephobic, racist, and transmisogynistic society" we live in.
They conclude:
Solidarity to all those queers, people of color, and other folks who are marginalized, imprisoned and policed in the interest of vile financial institutions such as Wells Fargo.
WE QUEERS MAKE TOTAL DESTROY! F*ck all of the institutions which systematically subject us, churches and banks alike!
Heating things up for May Day!!!
(A)
<broken link removed>
(Photo: Puget Sound Anarchists)

Puget Sound Anarchists also write of a prior attack on a Seattle Bank of America, though in this case the perpetrators only vandalized the building. In the case, the perpetrators also warned of "May Day

Thankfully I won't be working in downtown Seattle next week. We'll see how this plays out, but even the news last night mentioned that Seattle Police are concerned about what may transpire next week.

Peter

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR