JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll make one statement because I have already been warned (under rule #9)
IF your religion directs you to help the weak, sick, poor, lame and to avoid violence to same because it is against your God's sense of justice then that is a good religion and you should follow it, I'll support you.
If your religion says the oppisite and your God demands murder, rape, torture and humiliation of the weak,,, Your God and me are gonna have a conversation.

Getting back to the intended topic of this thread, "What sorts of scenarios do you perceive to be real possibilities?" I don't really expect TEOTWAWKI like what we've seen in your typical 200 million dollar hollywood epic, or as preached by the latest holier than thous religious zealot. Those movies are meant to entertain the escapist in all of us, and the zeolot just stokes whatever fears we may have based on a book written 2000 years ago. However, I do believe in more realistic SHTF scenarios such as the Katrina, Rodney King, L.A. earthquake, and Kentucky winning a basketball game type scenarios. Some are short term (Kentucky), some a bit longer (Katrina). And unfortunately, all can have the element of violence.

So the prepping I do is based on sustaining our family without the everyday conveniences and basic services we take for granted - that being water, food and shelter. I also prep just in case I have to protect my family because law enforcement is too overwhelmed to offer my family even basic protection.

I don't see a scenario where zombies rule, or the government has been wiped out to the point where it's every man for himself and human fleah becomes a preferred food group. It seems like Doomsday has become big business and there are alway people who will buy into the latest and greatest fear courtesy of Madison Avenue.

So I guess my answer to "What sorts of scenarios do you perceive to be real possibilities?" is, Katrina, a big *** earthquake, and the Detriot Pistons winning the championship and thousands of their "fans" moving to Lake Stevens to "celibrate" the joyous occasion..........

Well said, Eddie.

I tend to think along similar lines. Natural disasters and mob insanity have been reoccurring themes for quite some time. While it's true that a lot of things *could* happen, those two things happen pretty regularly.

Some preps are good for a wide range of threats, others are much more specific.
1. Determine the most likely and most dangerous threats (not necessarily the same thing). Most likely: Several days of no power & traffic stoppages (ice storm several years ago). More dangerous: A Katrina-like event which lasts for months.

2. Determine the resources you will need to survive the most likely and most dangerous threats. Resources include skills, stuff, and people. Skills include weapons/tactics, first aid, equipment maintenance, etc. Stuff includes food (how much is based on how many people and how long), ammo/weapons, commo gear, first aid/medical supplies, fuel, etc. People: Who will you group with to survive? Short-term events can be handled just with immediate family; longer-term disasters require forming a community to pool resources for survival; some disasters (specifically a pandemic) require isolation in small groups for a period.

3. Acquire the resources necessary for survival. Practice the skills. Organize and train the group.

4. All of these "preps" also get us ready for our obligations as members of the "Constitutional Militia". (You know the one: That body of the entire citizenry, trained and prepared to defend their communities, the nation, and the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.)

Just remember that the Government is jealous of its "Sovereignty" and doesn't like competition. Oh yeah, and Washington has a statute against "forming bodies of armed men", and the governor may prohibit weapons' carry outside of the home/business during a declared emergency. (More unconstitutional laws.)
(Yeah, I know: "We the People" are sovereign, not the government: Convince the Feds and the Progressives of that!)

Well said, Eddie.

I tend to think along similar lines. Natural disasters and mob insanity have been reoccurring themes for quite some time. While it's true that a lot of things *could* happen, those two things happen pretty regularly.

I agree with you here, also if you plan for severe weather or a natural disaster you have most of you bases covered:

Prolonged power outages
Interruption of food/services
Possible civil unrest
Inability to travel or relocate

These all can range from a few hours to several days/weeks. If you are prepared either a natural disaster or severe weather then it is not a big stretch to be prepared for something a bit "uglier" such as terrorist attack or economic down turn.

personally, I think that anyone who lives in the Cascadia Subduction Zone and DOESN'T prep, at least a bit, is asking for trouble. At any time we could experience a 9+ earthquake that would be, for at least a short while, TEOTWAWKI...

.‘Suited, Booted, and Armed': Unbelievable Audio From the New Black Panthers
Posted on April 8, 2012 at 5:31pm by Erica Ritz Print »Email »
Comments (40)The New Black Panthers had a group phone call Friday to discuss the April 9 rally for Trayvon Martin.

(Related: Malik Zulu Shabazz: New Black Panthers Planning April 9 ‘Day of Action')

Hosted primarily by Michelle Williams and Chawn Kweli, the New Black Panther's chief of staff in Tampa and a national spokesman, respectively, the call was filled with violent, hate-filled speech outlining the party's future plans. Words like "war, cracker, and blood" seemed to be the biggest "buzz words" in the conversation.

Listen to the stunning audio, courtesy of Breitbart.com:

The audio is a little rough at points, so The Blaze has transcribed the relevant statements (emphasis added).

Williams: I just want to say to all the listeners on this phone call, that if you are having any doubt about getting suited, booted, and armed up for this race war that we're in that has never ended, let me tell you somethin...the thing that's about to happen these honkeys, these crackers, these pigs, these people, these motherf*er...it has been long overdue."

Kweli: "Ya, what she said was right– we got to suit up and boot up...and get prepared for the war that we're in...this stuff got to boil over, and all your great's talked about that happened to be bloodshed involved with revolution- true revolution means some bloodshed, so there‘s blood being spilled because there's a new life that is beyond this bloodshed. There is a new reality that is built upon your original African principles and spiritualities and values and norms that is beyond this bloodshed. But we gotta go do it.

"And as the Scripture said, you gotta to cross it. We gon' have to cross the Red Sea....I know y'all thought it was talking about some sea in some Middle Eastern part of the world- hell no. We're talking about some blood. You're gonna have to cross some blood, and go through some blood and some battles.

"And there are those who wish they could stand in this hour, to see the destruction of the devil‘s world and the devil's society- and I‘m ain't talking about no dude underneath the ground with a pitchfork and pantyhose. I'm talking about that blonde haired, blue-eyed, sometimes brown-eyed, Caucasian walkin around with a mindset, a demonistic mindset, and a nature to do evil and brutality."

Williams: "I say to everyone that is on this call right now, I‘m comin' out of the gate...my prize right now this evening is going to be the bounty, the arrest– dead or alive– for George Zimmerman. You feel me? To every brother, to every female, I am for violence if non-violence means we continue postponing a solution to the American black man's problem just to avoid violence. You feel me? It's time to wake up, I don't know how else...It's in me to fight. It's in me to raise up soldiers. It's in me that every time my feet touch the ground the state of Florida- these crackers- they scared.

"I'm kinda pissed off right now that the state of Florida ain't on fire. This could not have happened in L.A. because them brothers up there are not scared to riot. This could not have happened in St. Petersburg Florida, where the black man over there are ain't scared to kill a cracker."

Kweli: "This is real. We're attacked anywhere in the world and we would defend ourselves by any means necessary...You starve capitalism, since this racism that‘s being perpetuated and this brutality that's being perpetuated, and this murder that's being perpetuated, is built on the table legs of capitalism, you've got to starve capitalism.

"An act of war has been declared on us and we have no choice but to fight...[But] we have to be trained how to fight. See the whole purpose of the maneuver that's happening in Sanford is to train in self-defense, because many of us think we're prepared for a battle- just like many of us think we're prepared for a fight- but if you are not training, if you are not stocking up water, if you are not stocking up food, if you are not stocking up weapons and artillery and survival books, and gas masks, and flashlights, and cantines, and ready-to-eat meals...if you are not stocking that up I don't know how serious we are right now.

"Absolutremoval of capitalismely, we want the complete . Why? Because capitalism sets up a class structure and a class society. As I said in the beginning of the "haves" and "have nots," [the] pivotal point is racism, it is racism that keeps them perpetuating a capitalistic motion. So yes, we want capitalism completely eradicated, especially from the minds and hearts and dealings of black people."

Something most preppers don't think about.. all that food stored is very handy if you lose a job (or have to close businesses as I have recently).. you can live for years with that food supplementing your fresh store bought goodies and cutting your costs. A Mormon friend (I'm not, but they are preppers) mentioned this to me many years ago and the thought stuck with me, and strangely the canned food we had (several pallets worth) was due for a massive rotation, anyway

.‘Suited, Booted, and Armed': Unbelievable Audio From the New Black Panthers
Posted on April 8, 2012 at 5:31pm by Erica Ritz Print »Email »
Comments (40)The New Black Panthers had a group phone call Friday to discuss the April 9 rally for Trayvon Martin.

(Related: Malik Zulu Shabazz: New Black Panthers Planning April 9 ‘Day of Action')

Hosted primarily by Michelle Williams and Chawn Kweli, the New Black Panther's chief of staff in Tampa and a national spokesman, respectively, the call was filled with violent, hate-filled speech outlining the party's future plans. Words like "war, cracker, and blood" seemed to be the biggest "buzz words" in the conversation.

Listen to the stunning audio, courtesy of Breitbart.com:

The audio is a little rough at points, so The Blaze has transcribed the relevant statements (emphasis added).

Williams: I just want to say to all the listeners on this phone call, that if you are having any doubt about getting suited, booted, and armed up for this race war that we're in that has never ended, let me tell you somethin...the thing that's about to happen these honkeys, these crackers, these pigs, these people, these motherf*er...it has been long overdue."

Kweli: "Ya, what she said was right– we got to suit up and boot up...and get prepared for the war that we're in...this stuff got to boil over, and all your great's talked about that happened to be bloodshed involved with revolution- true revolution means some bloodshed, so there‘s blood being spilled because there's a new life that is beyond this bloodshed. There is a new reality that is built upon your original African principles and spiritualities and values and norms that is beyond this bloodshed. But we gotta go do it.

"And as the Scripture said, you gotta to cross it. We gon' have to cross the Red Sea....I know y'all thought it was talking about some sea in some Middle Eastern part of the world- hell no. We're talking about some blood. You're gonna have to cross some blood, and go through some blood and some battles.

"And there are those who wish they could stand in this hour, to see the destruction of the devil‘s world and the devil's society- and I‘m ain't talking about no dude underneath the ground with a pitchfork and pantyhose. I'm talking about that blonde haired, blue-eyed, sometimes brown-eyed, Caucasian walkin around with a mindset, a demonistic mindset, and a nature to do evil and brutality."

Williams: "I say to everyone that is on this call right now, I‘m comin' out of the gate...my prize right now this evening is going to be the bounty, the arrest– dead or alive– for George Zimmerman. You feel me? To every brother, to every female, I am for violence if non-violence means we continue postponing a solution to the American black man's problem just to avoid violence. You feel me? It's time to wake up, I don't know how else...It's in me to fight. It's in me to raise up soldiers. It's in me that every time my feet touch the ground the state of Florida- these crackers- they scared.

"I'm kinda pissed off right now that the state of Florida ain't on fire. This could not have happened in L.A. because them brothers up there are not scared to riot. This could not have happened in St. Petersburg Florida, where the black man over there are ain't scared to kill a cracker."

Kweli: "This is real. We're attacked anywhere in the world and we would defend ourselves by any means necessary...You starve capitalism, since this racism that‘s being perpetuated and this brutality that's being perpetuated, and this murder that's being perpetuated, is built on the table legs of capitalism, you've got to starve capitalism.

"An act of war has been declared on us and we have no choice but to fight...[But] we have to be trained how to fight. See the whole purpose of the maneuver that's happening in Sanford is to train in self-defense, because many of us think we're prepared for a battle- just like many of us think we're prepared for a fight- but if you are not training, if you are not stocking up water, if you are not stocking up food, if you are not stocking up weapons and artillery and survival books, and gas masks, and flashlights, and cantines, and ready-to-eat meals...if you are not stocking that up I don't know how serious we are right now.

"Absolutremoval of capitalismely, we want the complete . Why? Because capitalism sets up a class structure and a class society. As I said in the beginning of the "haves" and "have nots," [the] pivotal point is racism, it is racism that keeps them perpetuating a capitalistic motion. So yes, we want capitalism completely eradicated, especially from the minds and hearts and dealings of black people."

It's very believable if you study South Africa and the African National Congress, which is communist.. the commies really love the whole race baiting/antagonizing class warfare thing

It's very believable if you study South Africa and the African National Congress, which is communist.. the commies really love the whole race baiting/antagonizing class warfare thing
Yup.
Anything that has the masses crying out for the government to step in and assume control, at any cost.
Never realizing of course, that their submission was the goal of the government all along.

And far too many in the U.S. are cut from that very same cloth.

I believe the most likely scenarios in the PNW are severe weather, high inflation, earthquake, or volcano eruption. Although I do not dismiss the idea of a terrorist attack... EMP's scares the dandelions out of me! I am preparing for the most likely first - and I think that each of these scenarios could very well involve civil unrest on some scale.

If you read about the International Communist Revolution in Russia, and virtualy anywhere else, you'll note that Civil Unrest was the cause of shortages which made weather events fatal for thousands of sheeple.
Don't think that power, media and supplies of all sorts will not be intentionaly and selectively cut-off by the current regime with the sole intent being the isolation, starvation and destruction of resistance to the NWO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xlbf1mZq4k&feature=uploademail

Yup.
Anything that has the masses crying out for the government to step in and assume control, at any cost.
Never realizing of course, that their submission was the goal of the government all along.

Lenin called them "useful idiots".. they are the first against the wall after the commies take over

‘The 99% Spring’ Launches by Training 100,000 Activists Between April 9-15
Posted on April 7, 2012 at 10:55pm by Erica Ritz “The 99% Spring,” a website dedicated to the endeavor, explains:

This Spring We Rise!

April 9-15 we will gather across America, 100,000 strong, in homes, places of worship, campuses and the streets to train ourselves in non-violent action and join together in the work of reclaiming our country. History is calling; it’s time to step up.

(Photo: Screen Shot)
Rerouting to a MoveOn.org site after clicking on “get involved,“ more details about the ”spring training” emerge:

Inspired by Occupy Wall Street and the fight for workers in Madison, Wisconsin, the 99% will rise up this spring. In the span of just one week, from April 9-15, 100,000 people will be trained to tell the story of what happened to our economy, learn the history of non-violent direct action, and use that knowledge to take action on our own campaigns to win change.

Perhaps reacting to the reported crimes at the “Occupy” protests from the fall onwards, the pre-reading material for the event specifies:

In our actions, we will…
✦ bring humor;
✦ adopt a dignified, open and friendly attitude towards anybody we encounter;
✦ demonstrate our creativity in the use of new slogans, songs, and props;
✦ keep our calm, and our eyes on the prize.

In our actions, we will not…
✦ bring weapons;
✦ use verbal or physical violence;
✦ damage property;
✦ use drugs or alcohol;
✦ hide our identity behind hoods or masks;
✦ risk arrest without the required training;
✦ run, as it contributes to heightening tensions for everybody.

It will be interesting to see what effect the 100,000 “trained” individuals have, and if they are indeed peaceful. After all, the so-called “grandmother” of the movement, Frances Fox Piven, once said it was acceptable to use violence if it was part of your grander strategy.

Watch Piven and Steven Lerner describe six other goals for Occupy’s spring movement:
<broken link removed>

Yup.

Look up Rhodesia as well, it's now Zimbabwe and a perfect example of commie fueled racism.

Jihad Watch American professors attend Occupy Wall Street Conference in Tehran

Leftist dupes displayed by their Islamic supremacist handlers in the belly of the beast. Useful Idiots were seldom this idiotic, if not actually useful. In 2012 it is not news that U.S. academics are traitors who consort freely with the enemies of their country. They're just window dressing for the mullahs, who must have been laughing up their sleeves at their earnest professorial naivete.

Corruption of the Academy Alert: "US Professors Attend an Occupy Wall Street Conference in Tehran," from MEMRI, February 22 (posted at MEMRI more recently):

Following are excerpts from a report on the Tehran University Occupy Wall Street Conference, which aired on Press TV and was posted on the Internet on February 22, 2012:
Reporter: The Occupy Wall Street Movement Conference in Tehran &#8211; university professors and scholars from around the world discuss various aspects of the Occupy Wall Street movement.

<broken link removed>

Experts also told us about the impact of the movement and its future.

Alex Vitae, professor at Brooklyn College: Well, we know it's had some impact both locally and nationally, but the impact has still been limited. I think many people are waiting to see what effect it may have on this year's national elections, and whether or not this will have momentum that could have more far-reaching implications.

Heather Gautney, professor at Fordham University: The "Occupy" movement is entering more into social institutions, and trying to pressure politicians or pressure leadership within those institutions to try to put money back into them and to support public programs. So I think that is one important aspect. The other is that we have elections coming up in November, and I think that the movement is going to be incredibly active in pressuring politicians to start addressing issues of social inequality.

[...]

John Hammond, professor at City University of New York: I know that I will be returning to the United States on February 25, and on February 29, there is a big movement planned in New York City, called Occupy the Corporations. Down the road from there, in May, the G-8 Summit will occur in Chicago, and many groups are planning to converge on Chicago with some kind of demonstration.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top