JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
billstaf , I hope you can and do. I wish others would be preepared to do that too, but more than guns will be needed for survival if all hell breaks loose. Guns are necessary for sure as one item on the list.

billstaf , I hope you can and do. I wish others would be preepared to do that too, but more than guns will be needed for survival if all hell breaks loose. Guns are necessary for sure as one item on the list.

As you said guns are necessary and with guns youcan take food from those who do not have guns, that is until you get killed.

Having a well rounded plan and well rounded list of supplies to get you through utnil you can start to harvest, trade, barter, hunt, scavenge or acquire what you need.

As far as helping others, it like this, they access to most of the same information as most of the people out there who are preppers, if they chose to commit suicide by head up @$$ policy that is on them.

Not saying I will not help anyone else, but it will be where it is mutually beneficial or they are on their own and this goes for a lot of relatives I know who clearly duffer from HUA syndrome. I am tired of being to look like an idiot from HUS suffers in front of others. That wand when I carry on a conversation I give away that I have supplies, so I quit doing so.

As I posted once before and others have too,

I see hyper inflation, collapse of our dollar, martial law and then the onset of of one World Government run by the same one who are pulling the strings right now.

During all of this, I foresee riot sin the streets, civil war, along with many smaller wars or battles over food, water and other natural resources sucha s coal, oil and fuel.

Stash and cache what you can, plan for th worse and hope thing will be ok

Exactly on point. As with every other damned thing for which someone wants to reach into my family's pocket to pay for, my reply is still this; don't ask me to care more about your welfare than you yourself do. I gave up long ago trying to talk some sense into friends, relatives, etc... people with good incomes who could well afford setting aside just a bit for "just in case", far better than I could certainly. Obviously they cannot be bothered with it. Any of you guys remember that old black-N-white episode of "The Twilight Zone" entitled "The Shelter"? Same basic premise... a man builds a bomb shelter for his family, bearing the laughter and ridicule of his neighbors. When they believe the bombs are dropping, the entire neighborhood becomes a panicked mob determined to break into his small shelter.
Be prepared to hear a word bandied about with inpunity the minute things go south; HOARDER. Turning the facts on their ear and twisting them 180*, your virtues - i.e planning, skimping a bit, saving, preparing and caring for your familys' welfare - will become the vice called hoarding. Instead of being regarded as a disciplined, responsible, dedicated family man, you will be regarded as a criminal withholding supplies which should be "shared out" until they are gone.
Quote from The Joker that applies aptly; "People are only as good as the world allows them to be, and when things go bad they'll eat each other".

As you said guns are necessary and with guns youcan take food from those who do not have guns, that is until you get killed.

Having a well rounded plan and well rounded list of supplies to get you through utnil you can start to harvest, trade, barter, hunt, scavenge or acquire what you need.

As far as helping others, it like this, they access to most of the same information as most of the people out there who are preppers, if they chose to commit suicide by head up @$$ policy that is on them.

Not saying I will not help anyone else, but it will be where it is mutually beneficial or they are on their own and this goes for a lot of relatives I know who clearly duffer from HUA syndrome. I am tired of being to look like an idiot from HUS suffers in front of others. That wand when I carry on a conversation I give away that I have supplies, so I quit doing so.

The bottom line as you men state here, those that do prepare had better be ready and willing to protect their families, homes and contents from the those that don't. Every disaster I can remember, they send the national guard in to prevent looting and such in stricken areas. If we have a major disaster, they will be affected too and looking out for themselves, maybe even become the looters?

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

[/QUOTE]don't ask me to care more about your welfare than you yourself do.[/QUOTE]

WOW, that about sums it up as simple as it gets.
Wish our gubmint would think the same way.

For a short period of time (days, even perhaps weeks), we as individuals or small groups (nuclear families with small children) can survive a disaster event with our own resources. The longer event lasts, the more likely that individuals and small groups will be consumed by larger, aggressive ones scavenging for resources.
Humans ALWAYS survive best by forming into self-supporting communities.
Therefore, consider that ANY long-term plans for after SHTF need to include the forming of communities for self-defense, and to share the work loads necessary should we return to 12th century living. Fail to do so, and you risk being one of the small groups "eaten" by gangs.
Check out William W. Johnstone's "Ashes" series. There are others, but this is a good read, especially the first one: "Out of the Ashes".

For a short period of time (days, even perhaps weeks), we as individuals or small groups (nuclear families with small children) can survive a disaster event with our own resources. The longer event lasts, the more likely that individuals and small groups will be consumed by larger, aggressive ones scavenging for resources.
Humans ALWAYS survive best by forming into self-supporting communities.
Therefore, consider that ANY long-term plans for after SHTF need to include the forming of communities for self-defense, and to share the work loads necessary should we return to 12th century living. Fail to do so, and you risk being one of the small groups "eaten" by gangs.
Check out William W. Johnstone's "Ashes" series. There are others, but this is a good read, especially the first one: "Out of the Ashes".

The neighbors and I have already had a few conversations about communication. I picked up a pair of these:
Amazon.com: Motorola MR350R 35-Mile Range 22-Channel FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio (Pair): Electronics

Other neighbors have different but compatible radios. We can easily communicate while indoors for 1/2 mile.

Peter

Sure... all those FEMA camps being built in a frenzy gives me pause. We'va already seen our rights continually eroded, all under the "Big Lie"; just call it something absurd like "The Patriot Act", as if by dissenting to unconstitutional "remedies" you are somehow treasonous. Fascism with a side of lies anyone? It's not too hard for me to imagine, under just the right collapse scenario, the National Gaurd doing a house-by-house, removing people for "their protection" under marshall law... with trucks coming through right after to strip those neighborhoods of supples. Become the looters? They've (the Gvmt.) been the looters for years now, in every manner so far save outright gunpoint.
The bottom line as you men state here, those that do prepare had better be ready and willing to protect their families, homes and contents from the those that don't. Every disaster I can remember, they send the national guard in to prevent looting and such in stricken areas. If we have a major disaster, they will be affected too and looking out for themselves, maybe even become the looters?

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

The neighbors and I have already had a few conversations about communication. I picked up a pair of these:
Amazon.com: Motorola MR350R 35-Mile Range 22-Channel FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio (Pair): Electronics

Other neighbors have different but compatible radios. We can easily communicate while indoors for 1/2 mile.

Peter

Can you charge them when the power is out? They are only as good as long as the batteries last.

We have a generator that I converted to propane. Propane will last forever while gas ages and becomes useless in time. The propane conversion also does away with carburator problems.

We also keep our motorhome/camper fully fueled and full of water...ready to go at a moments notice. The only thing that comes to mind that would cause us to go, is wild fire. We live in the country, so in effect, we are already "bugged out".

I just saw this thread and decided to throw in my 2 cents. (I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know everything I might have missed up to this point).

I personally believe that this war that's about to kick off with Iran is going to destroy this nation. (And yes, we ARE going to war with Iran). We're fragile as is, throwing that on top is the end of it.

As some have said, the dollar has already collapsed. We're just waiting for the effects to trickle down. This war coming is not gonna be what most Americans are used to watching on CNN. I believe it will fully engulf our military and our economy. And it will probably destroy both. While our military is being destroyed overseas, our economy will be taking it's final hits here. Then come the riots and the foreign peacekeepers.....

After that it's anyone's game. This is just my personal opinion gleaned from countless hours of research, prayer, and my functioning ears and eyeballs.

I just saw this thread and decided to throw in my 2 cents. (I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know everything I might have missed up to this point).

I personally believe that this war that's about to kick off with Iran is going to destroy this nation. (And yes, we ARE going to war with Iran). We're fragile as is, throwing that on top is the end of it.

As some have said, the dollar has already collapsed. We're just waiting for the effects to trickle down. This war coming is not gonna be what most Americans are used to watching on CNN. I believe it will fully engulf our military and our economy. And it will probably destroy both. While our military is being destroyed overseas, our economy will be taking it's final hits here. Then come the riots and the foreign peacekeepers.....

After that it's anyone's game. This is just my personal opinion gleaned from countless hours of research, prayer, and my functioning ears and eyeballs.

Sorry to say, we are already at war with Iran. We are sanctioning them/strangling them. We have CIA and other goons there doing what they can to stir up any trouble they can, falsify evidence, etc.

The bankster families, TPTB, are after global/social control. They already have all the 'money' they want/need since they create it themselves out of thin air...

You have read about what happened in Japan during the second world war right?

IF a country seems as though they will 'destroy' our military,I sure someone will push the proper buttons to annihilate that country. Besides,if we actually go to battle with Iran,instead of the posturing we are doing now.they may decide to nuke someone.Which will cause us to retaliate and ,in like fashion,so will Israel.

Our economy may be destroyed ,but our military won't be.We still have more bombs than Iran.

Sorry to say, we are already at war with Iran. We are sanctioning them/strangling them. We have CIA and other goons there doing what they can to stir up any trouble they can, falsify evidence, etc.

The bankster families, TPTB, are after global/social control. They already have all the 'money' they want/need since they create it themselves out of thin air..........

Noisy cow,is this you?

Another hypothesis on our desire to war with Iran:
Iran is attempting to move away from using the US currency to trade oil. This is huge since it fundamentally undermines the US currency as the "default" reserve currency in the world. If the world doesn't need US dollars to buy oil then they don't need to buy our debt.

Peter

Another hypothesis on our desire to war with Iran:
Iran is attempting to move away from using the US currency to trade oil. This is huge since it fundamentally undermines the US currency as the "default" reserve currency in the world. If the world doesn't need US dollars to buy oil then they don't need to buy our debt.

Peter

<broken link removed>

So far I have been able to figure out if they switched from dollars or not, no evidence that they have...

I believe if the had, they would have been nuked by now,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads