JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live 10 miles from a volcanoe, so I have plans and equipment to evacuate.
As for the rest, the most dangerous major "disaster" or event to befall man is totalitarian dictatorships and the enevitable genocide.
Not all genocides are huge or even reported as such but since the Turks slaughter of the Armenians (the word genocide was coined to describe the Muslim Turkish goverment's actions against Christians) in early 20th century there have been a dozen or more recognized genocides and they all start within a few years (or less) of a Totalitarian Dictator taking power. Genocide always involves lack of basic services, food and water scarceity and of course the organized murder of a certain class(s) of people.
Today we have a perfect storm for a goverment directed domestic genocide:
Race
Ethnic
Economic
Religious
Haters
and of course the sociopaths in the govt
that's why PPl are buying guns by the millions

I live 10 miles from a volcanoe, so I have plans and equipment to evacuate.
As for the rest, the most dangerous major "disaster" or event to befall man is totalitarian dictatorships and the enevitable genocide.
Not all genocides are huge or even reported as such but since the Turks slaughter of the Armenians (the word genocide was coined to describe the Muslim Turkish goverment's actions against Christians) in early 20th century there have been a dozen or more recognized genocides and they all start within a few years (or less) of a Totalitarian Dictator taking power. Genocide always involves lack of basic services, food and water scarceity and of course the organized murder of a certain class(s) of people.
Today we have a perfect storm for a goverment directed domestic genocide:
Race
Ethnic
Economic
Religious
Haters
and of course the sociopaths in the govt
that's why PPl are buying guns by the millions

The USA is going to be their Waterloo

Atheism or Christianity aside ;) Really it doesn't matter to me if you are preparing for the 2nd coming or the next ice age. All that matters to me is that you are preparing for something.

I prepare for my family because I don't expect anyone else to do it for me.

I believe the most likely scenarios in the PNW are severe weather, high inflation, earthquake, or volcano eruption. Although I do not dismiss the idea of a terrorist attack... EMP's scares the dandelions out of me! I am preparing for the most likely first - and I think that each of these scenarios could very well involve civil unrest on some scale.

P.S. Bob D, I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! :yes:

Lots of good points here and some not so much, but to keep the ambers hot here: I believe in the perfect storm of a few things...

1. Rise of oil and there more gas prices.
2. Rise of food prices.
3. The Dollar losing the monopoly of purchase of oil (i.e. no need for other countries to exchange to purchase oil).
4. China's and Saudi's deal to make and supply the worlds largest oil refinery in CHINA (but hey, it could break)(online in 2014).
5. The loss of the Dollar value.
6. The U.S. credit rating dropping even more (i.e. no longer being able to finance our countries operations).

All pretty simple things, which we could move on through, but at the same time (12-24 months)... The Perfect Storm!

Well that's about right.
I'm a fact-believing atheist... but not one in 10,000 so called atheists really understand the bible's true kingdom message.

Not going to argue religion here (the old horse led to water thing) but the bible has been proven to be historically accurate and most of it's prophecies have played out exactly as written

You say you're not going to argue religion, then go on to make an argument in the same sentence. "Proven" is a rational concept which mystics turn into an anti-concept; I and my fellow mystics believe it, therefore it's "proven". Objective reality exists OUTSIDE and INDEPEDENT of our whims, feelings, needs, desires and fears. Read your Aristotle and understand the Law of Identity... A is A, the only proof which ever existed.
QUOTE=Blitzkrieg;591872]Not going to argue religion here (the old horse led to water thing) but the bible has been proven to be historically accurate and most of it's prophecies have played out exactly as written[/QUOTE]

I believe there will be mobs. This year. The racial rhetoric gets ratcheted up almost daily.
We have a HUGE election coming up. One in which the racial divide that is currently growing, will be exploited by the left.
There is already evidence that the obama admin is adding to racial tensions, as opposed to their pledge to unite Americans.
Make no mistake. The obamas, both B&M, as well as holder, are far from being above the fray, or looking to unite this country. Unrest is seen a a good thing for obama.
So what happens when tensions have reached a fever pitch and obama loses?
All H*ll breaks loose, that's what!

Then there's OWS and their disdain for the capitalist system, as well as any semblance of law and order.
The ruckus society and their goals.

Of course there are others that say it far better than I, and are far easier to read.
Here's a good start:
Articles: Obama Becomes O'mobba

Just think about what is quoted here, with regard to what we know about OWS:
Here is how the first big "anti-colonialist," VI Lenin, ran his mobs:

Comrades! The insurrection of five kulak districts should be pitilessly suppressed. ...

1. Hang (and make sure that the hanging takes place in full view of the people) no fewer than one hundred known landlords, rich men, bloodsuckers.

2. Publish their names.

3. Seize all their grain from them.

4. Designate hostages in accordance with yesterday's telegram.

Do it in such a fashion that for hundreds of kilometres around the people might see, tremble, know, shout: "they are strangling, and will strangle to death, the bloodsucking kulaks".

Telegraph receipt and implementation.

Yours, Lenin.

Find some truly hard people.

Mob manipulation is always the same.

You say you're not going to argue religion, then go on to make an argument in the same sentence. "Proven" is a rational concept which mystics turn into an anti-concept; I and my fellow mystics believe it, therefore it's "proven". Objective reality exists OUTSIDE and INDEPEDENT of our whims, feelings, needs, desires and fears. Read your Aristotle and understand the Law of Identity... A is A, the only proof which ever existed.
QUOTE=Blitzkrieg;591872]Not going to argue religion here (the old horse led to water thing) but the bible has been proven to be historically accurate and most of it's prophecies have played out exactly as written
[/QUOTE]

Well Aristotle said it, so it must be so.

I believe there will be mobs. This year. The racial rhetoric gets ratcheted up almost daily.
We have a HUGE election coming up. One in which the racial divide that is currently growing, will be exploited by the left.
There is already evidence that the obama admin is adding to racial tensions, as opposed to their pledge to unite Americans.
Make no mistake. The obamas, both B&M, as well as holder, are far from being above the fray, or looking to unite this country. Unrest is seen a a good thing for obama.
So what happens when tensions have reached a fever pitch and obama loses?
All H*ll breaks loose, that's what!

Then there's OWS and their disdain for the capitalist system, as well as any semblance of law and order.
The ruckus society and their goals.

Of course there are others that say it far better than I, and are far easier to read.
Here's a good start:
Articles: Obama Becomes O'mobba

Just think about what is quoted here, with regard to what we know about OWS:

I get the feeling that this will be the long hot summer that people have been talking about. Between the horrible economy and the media stirring the race pot, if things don't come unraveled it will be a miracle.

Not going to argue religion here (the old horse led to water thing) but the bible has been proven to be historically accurate and most of it's prophecies have played out exactly as written

I'm going to actually accomplish your goal, because I don't really care whether the horse drinks water, Gatorade, kool-aid, or nothing. It's his life not mine, and the horse can drink what he chooses. Personally, I enjoy a nice cold Arnold Palmer: half iced tea, half lemonade.

QUOTE=Blitzkrieg;591872]Not going to argue religion here (the old horse led to water thing) but the bible has been proven to be historically accurate and most of it's prophecies have played out exactly as written

It is either true or not.. religion is not the issue here. I understand many of you hate our Creator but this is well known to me and I do not care

When times get tough, people often fall back on their family values - which is all our Christian heritage is, a belief system handed down to us as children - and if that's what it takes to keep folks from killing and eating the neighbors, then I'm all for it.

My fear vis-à-vis religious belief is the way it has so often been adapted to situational ethics - justifying rather than proscribing the eating of the neighbors.

Religion is and always has been a very powerful survival tool for some people. Whatever it takes to get people doing good things is fine by me.

For the record, as an Atheist myself, I definitely don't "Hate the creator," I just don't believe that the creator entity is a real being in any cognitive sense. Same way I don't hate Emperor Palpatine. It would be incredibly irrational to hate something that I believe does not exist.

In my opinion, everyone is welcome to whatever belief system they think makes them better. I know that I am a more personally responsible and conscientious person as an Atheist than I ever was as a Christian. I'm glad for my world-view and the hope that it gives me for the future.

Religion is and always has been a very powerful survival tool for some people. Whatever it takes to get people doing good things is a good thing.

For the record, as an Atheist myself, I definitely don't "Hate the creator," I just don't believe that the creator entity is a real being in any cognitive sense. Same way I don't hate Emperor Palpatine. It would be incredibly irrational to hate something that I believe does not exist.

In my opinion, everyone is welcome to whatever belief system they think makes them better. I know that I personally am a more personally responsible and conscientious person as an Atheist than I ever was as a Christian. I'm glad for my world-view and the hope that it gives me for the future.

Agreed. I never could understand how people think that I can hate something that I don't believe in. I also don't hate that people do believe in their creator. The fact is that just because there are a few bad eggs in a group it doesn't mean that the whole bunch is the same way. I try to be respectful of people's beliefs and I would like the same respect given to myself.

But I'm sure that we could all go rounds talking about religions, beliefs or the lack there of. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top