JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
czp10c - ~750ish rounds without an issue. Smooth shooter for the weight and accurate. Mostly 124grain ammo.

Home built ar15. Aero receivers, ballistic advantage barrel, alg act trigger. At least 1200 rounds. *It did have some fte issues, but it seems to be a particular lancer magazine. Pmags have been 100%

This list should be longer, but I haven't owned many guns.

***90's Browning Hi-Power - I didn't shoot much more than 400-500 rounds out of it, then traded it for some stupid reason.

I had over 50,000 rounds through my Benelli SBE2. Only malfunction it ever had was caused by a broken tine from a mule deer shed. First round fired, but the bolt couldn't go backwards and cycle the next round. Cleaned out the chunks of bone and away she went.

Good thread!

FM mike 9mm lower with a MVB PCC upper and a Taccom 3g barrel and bolt ran likely 20,000 rounds of 9mm or so through it with ZERO issue's outside of my reloads being out of spec on occasion. It's on to another life now. But it did me good for a couple of years of speed steel and speed steel practice. (Speedsteel practice is just when you shoot more than needed to hit the 4-6 targets!)

Glock gen 2 not stock. Not pretty. All original fire control parts. Easily 25,000 from me over many years. Who knows where it came from before I got it. Or the guy before that. Sold it finally as I had stopped shooting it. Again, other than my reloads causing problems. It ate everything. Pretty sure any Glock fits this bill. Maybe not the 44.

Taurus TX22, 1 of 2. Started having reset issues at around 55,000.

Got roughly 12k through my CMMG banshee in 9mm until the ejector spring gave out. Otherwise everything else runs great. Great shooter till this day.

Most of the 10-22s I've owned. Gun themselves keep going. Mags though… I likely had 90-100 thousand rounds through the oldest one. All 10-22s are sold now though. Might pick another up before they decide on 114. My dads is likely an antique now and still keeps chugging along. They are everywhere and work. Or they don't. That happens too.

About any AR15 I've owned. One or two might have had feeding or gas issues at first, but once resolved I never had further issues. Broke a few charging handles back in 3gun days 10 or so years ago. That's unrealistic abuse though. Great rifles. Easy to work on. Change. Clean. Wish more where like them.

Started through my shooting logs and these are the first eight with no listed malfunctions. There are many more, but stopped at eight because I didn't feel like turning it into an evening long project.

Springfield 1911A1...4375 rounds
Springfield XDM 45...3253 rounds
Glock 21...2642 rounds
Bersa Model 383...4842 rounds
Canik TP9 SFX...6235 rounds
Taurus PT 809...5834 rounds
Taurus PT111 G2...2743 rounds
Bersa Thunder 380...1473 rounds

Two Bersa and two Taurus pistols, that oughta get a few peoples knickers in a twist.

20221214_163126.jpg

Any and all of my Ruger revolvers, some with not so many rounds through and others with a bunch. I'll cheat as well, I've had 5 #1's (1 currently) and

no hic-ups. But honestly how many rounds go through a single shot. Two P series, nary a failure. Taurus PT92 from the original year Taurus had

the Beretta factory, rock solid. H&R 939 100%.

Springfield XD9SC, had it since 2001 I believe, has never malfunctioned. Well in excess of 20,000 rounds. It did fail to go bang one time but it's because I forgot to rack the slide, LOL

S&W M&P's. I did a 3,000 round count class last summer and had the only gun in class without a malf. Don't remember how long prior to that I might have had one, because I can't remember ever having one with that gun. Perhaps a poorly sized reload early on. My new one with an optic did a 1,200 round class and the GAS match at Gunsite without a hick up and none prior or since, likely 2k rounds since new. Hopefully I have not just cursed myself.

HK p7m8, made in 1992, bought used in 2001. Law enforcement sample with the slot milled into the slide and the funky purple finish. No exact count, several thousand rounds so far (maybe 5-6k) havent shot it in a few years. I carried it off and on for a long time, it's kinda beat up, mostly sits in the safe. Night sights have been dead forever. If they brought the pistol back, maybe with modern improvements, I would get one in a heartbeat.

I have no idea of the round count....

I have been shooting my Hawken Rifle almost exclusively since I bought new from the maker in 1997.
It hasn't malfunctioned once.*
It does shoot and carry very well....if I need to make that shot count..it's the one I go to.

My Granddad's Wingmaster...made in 1962 and was given to me when I was 8.
It simply works...Again I have no idea of a round count...such things ain't really important to me anyway...
It just works....and works well.
Andy
* yes I have "loaded" without powder before or have had caps "bust" and not have the rifle shoot...
Those are either the fault of me...or whoever made the caps.....

Last Edited:
In the late 70's I bought a Raven 25. I can't say it had a really high round count, but I can say it never once failed! Eat every brand and every bullet I tried. I know a lot of people had different results, But mine never choked, never failed to fire, and never failed to eject. DR

I've got a couple I've never shot, factory new so it's pretty safe to say they haven't malfunctioned.

Of my guns I have shot, the majority of malfunctions have been caused by ammo I loaded a little too light trying to be economical. I don't keep track of my round count, it's all a guess.

I thought it would be fun to talk about guns that don't malfunction. Let us know the round count, if you remember (approximate numbers or #+ is acceptable if you don't know the exact #). We can rule out bad ammo IF you verified it was the ammo. Like, if you're shooting cheap or reloaded ammo, you shot a round and it didn't fire, put it in another reliable gun and it still didn't fire, it was likely a bad primer and not the pistol, in that case the ammo malfunctioned and not the gun. Feel free to talk about reliable pistols you don't own any more if you feel it's worth mention.
I know your intentions are good but you are basically asking me to list all my guns on the internet. That's a big nope from me. WA will likely have a semi auto gun ban even in this legislative session and I expect OR to have a semi auto gun ban initiative in 2023. I think measure 114 has emboldened the anti-gunners and they are going to go after everything they can at the next opportunity (too bad not enough gun owners voted, not voting has consequences sadly).

I really like Hickok45's approach. He is happy to share his knowledge and experience with individual guns he owns or has owned. His response when people ask him to list all his guns, where he stores them, or similar is, "I don't talk about that".

My Benjamin marauder airgun has started leaking air out the front though.

Last Edited:
I don't recall my Ruger LCR ever failing to fire. Semi autos the occasional failure to feed. the worst was the Charter Arms revolver I owned, there were many times where it would go click, click, click, click, click with no ignition.
Haha! This is funny, because my no-frills-no-failure gun I was thinking about mentioning is my Charter Arms Undercover. That little rosco has been a great gun for me.

I don't recall my Ruger LCR ever failing to fire. Semi autos the occasional failure to feed. the worst was the Charter Arms revolver I owned, there were many times where it would go click, click, click, click, click with no ignition.
My wife won a Charter Arms Pink Lady .38 Special at an RMEF banquet. The second time she took it to the range she was getting "click, bang, bang, click, click, bang". When we got home I primed some empty brass, tested the pistol and had the same sort of result. We sent it back to Charter arms and IIRC they replaced the firing pin. It has worked fine since, but it was expensive sending that pistol back via UPS. I was disappointed they didn't cover the expense. That is the only experience I have or will have with Charter Arms.

I built my Canadian Hi-Power from a parts kit in late '99, it has never failed me. I doubt I've put more than 1,000 rds through it since then, but never had a mechanical failure.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top