JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Winchester PDX1 147 grain for my compact carry. Critical Defense 90 grain in my subcompact .380.

165 grain fed hydroshocks hand loaded in .45 acp
230 grain remington golden saber hand loaded in .45acp
200 grain grizzle extreme hand loaded in 10 mm
220 grain lee high bronze solids hand loaded in 10 mm
138 grain hard cast lead solids hand loaded in 9 mm
115 grain Winchester black talon factory load in 9 mm
27 grain soft point hornady varmint hand loaded in 5.7X28

I have about 9 pistols in my house and all the top tier jhp rounds out there, but I primarily use Corbon DPX rounds when I am out on the streets and HSTs when I am at home. And on a side note, even though I am a Kalifornia LE and exempt from most of the gun restrictions that civilians have to abide by, I am counting down to the day in 2017 I flee this state for greener pastures (Washington State).

I can't find the pdf, but I'm not aware of any handguns that are 'illegal' in the PRK (peoples Republik of Kalifornia), except for the Taurus Judge (which the PRK considers a SBS). There are a lot that are not on the 'approved' list, which means they cannot be sold new, but they're not 'illegal' and used ones can still be purchased.
Okay here is a link to a webpage with two PDF links below the search box the first one is the recently approved 2 page document (Most as of 1-26-16) and it includes my Ruger LCR in 327,
The second is those removed since 2005 and is now 59 pages.

I am going to be testing some Liberty Civil Defense Ammunition 9mm Luger +P 50 Grain Fragmenting Hollow Point Lead-Free stuff in my G19 for where the POA/POI is and if it is different than the Speer Gold Dot 155 grain JHP I have now. I like that it is traveling at a good 2000 FPS, ergo, it punches holes in clothing (and body armor--which the terrorists/Active shooter dirt-bags are starting to get the hint about) but I don't like that it has only about a 25 meter effective range.

Physics is always a trade off; but I would take a bit more poop behind the bullet in order to get a bit more range with less FPS for this kind of ammo.

I have about 9 pistols in my house and all the top tier jhp rounds out there, but I primarily use Corbon DPX rounds when I am out on the streets and HSTs when I am at home. And on a side note, even though I am a Kalifornia LE and exempt from most of the gun restrictions that civilians have to abide by, I am counting down to the day in 2017 I flee this state for greener pastures (Washington State).
You moving to my old town?
Sequim has a bunch of LEO from California up there all ready.

125 gr HST's in my 357 SIG 320 Compact.
147 gr +P HST's in my 9mm 320 Compact.
165 gr HST's in my .40 320 Compact.
(I like HST's and 320 Compacts :))
90 gr HPR's in my Elsie Pea.
147 gr +P gr HST's in my 938
230 gr HST's in my 220.

I just buy whatever hollow points are cheapest for my .45 and the rest of my 9mm's that I alternate for carry. Usually end up with PPU brand 124gr hollows. Yes they are way cheaper than most of the defensive loads out there, but you get 50 per box compared to 20 at the price other brands are. As long as they all feed and fire reliably in all of my pistols then I'm okay with the cheap stuff. And they do shoot well in all of my guns, just a little dirty is all!

You moving to my old town?
Sequim has a bunch of LEO from California up there all ready.
Funny you should say that. A co-worker friend of mine will be acquiring some acreage in Sequim and soon after that will be building his retirement home on it. I promised him I would check out the area (Sequim and Port Angeles) this summer with an open mind. So get ready for more California LEOs to invade the Olympic Peninsula!

If e likes hunting and fishing,he'll be fine. Plenty of shooting ranges and a couple good pits.
Oh,tell him in side the city limits,it's $25k just to hook up to the water.That's to the meter,not to the house.
Can't say of the gun shops as my former employer sold out and haven't been to the other stores for quite some time. But nice little gun shows come around

Thanks for the info, I will be passing this along to him. He loves fishing so he will be glad to hear the good news. He is looking forward to a quiet life and plenty of nature exploration. I'm looking forward to cooler weather and a quiet life, too. My destination will be either in the Seattle area or Washougal. I will know for sure after my trip up there this year.

+++P for the Mustang:p

IMG_0359_zps4xe4cyi3.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class