JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Good thing I only have my Springfield Hellcat, they don't want any Desert Eagles in the shops. LOL, I didn't know the legalities so I left it in a secure location.

34779E11-BBEF-4811-AE8A-C09ABC68E3F7.jpeg
21A8BDDE-7700-4281-BD4B-8363CC4BA1E9.jpeg

Good thing I only have my Springfield Hellcat, they don't want any Desert Eagles in the shops. LOL, I didn't know the legalities so I left it in a secure location.
Same at the Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon, the federal buildings are a no go...

I locked mine up, went inside, how nice, went back, got my carry, and didn't go inside again.

Following years, took my soon to be wife, I waited outside when she went in...

Such overbearing attention to controlling human behavior at that location may or may not be related to an incident in the '70's when a contingent of young men from the Air Force base and the American Indian Movement decided at 2 in the morning that they'd fulfill a young Ogalala Warrior's dream: hiking in to the top of the Monument, forming a human chain and allowing him to urinate off the tip of Thomas Jefferson's nose.

Something I will neither confirm or deny having any direct knowledge of. :cool:

"I didn't know the legalities so I left it in a secure location."

Suzanna Gratia Hupp made the same decision in 1991 at the Luby's Cafeteria. When the massacre began, she realized her mistake. There was no time to retrieve her gun.

I'm not criticizing your choice. It's a tough call sometimes. But if your firearm is concealed, no one knows you're carrying.

Last Edited:
"I didn't know the legalities so I left it in a secure location."

Suzanna Gratia Hupp made the same decision in 1990 at the Luby's Cafeteria. When the massacre began, she realized her mistake. There was no time to retrieve her gun.

I'm not criticizing your choice. It's a tough call sometimes. But if your firearm is concealed, no one knows you're carrying.
I completely agree with you but I made a decision of risk vs reward. Millions of people have visited there without issue. If I was outed there it would have lasting repercussions.

Anywhere where there are forest rangers and buildings that they use are a no go. When I took an Alaskan cruise back in 2015 there was a museum in Sitka, AK that had a notice on the doors. Since I was taking a cruise it did not affect me.

Last Edited:
I made a decision of risk vs reward. Millions of people have visited there without issue. If I was outed there it would have lasting repercussions.
I made the same choice visiting a BLM lighthouse once, went back to the car and covertly did the required administrative duties, went back to the lighthouse...
not one metal detector, not one guard, no security. Anyone could walk in there with anything they want.

Yes, I agree with the risk reward repercussions but that doesnt account for the consequences of the risk. Frustrating world we live in.

I made the same choice visiting a BLM lighthouse once, went back to the car and covertly did the required administrative duties, went back to the lighthouse...
not one metal detector, not one guard, no security. Anyone could walk in there with anything they want.

Yes, I agree with the risk reward repercussions but that doesnt account for the consequences of the risk. Frustrating world we live in.
It truly is shocking the OP and his entire family weren't killed during this moment of inarmitude.

It truly is shocking the OP and his entire family weren't killed during this moment of inarmitude.
no surprise at all, its true the risk is really low.
Whats truly shocking is how many people believe disarming people will reduce that risk they already admit is so low that gun rights people shouldnt worry about it.... shocking I tell ya.

no surprise at all, its true the risk is really low.
Whats truly shocking is how many people believe disarming people will reduce that risk they already admit is so low that gun rights people shouldnt worry about it.... shocking I tell ya.
What's shocking is that we are supposed to believe that concealed weapons and crowds or booze represent no risk.

whats wrong with carrying in bars?
Before you say alcohol, not everyone drinks or struggles with alcoholism.
And sometimes vegetarians go to BBQ joints.

The point of many laws is to do what the least intelligent people can't do - make good choices. People go to bars to drink. We know that so many people that do so can't be trusted afterwards because half a million people get caught DUI per year. Half a million, and that's just how many are caught.

Drunk people are dumb people. Bars are good places for guns the way oxygen tents are good places for smoking.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR