JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Consider the smallest and flattest 9mm, .380 or even .32 autos and carry two of them rather than reloads. Buy kydex and start making your own holsters to get the exact position and attachment you want. You can make stuff that would be unacceptably un-durable for retail sale but acceptable for your specific needs - I've used lighter gauge kydex for small guns with success.
I'm not carrying a .380 or a .32….. You'll have to break my back before that happens.

I am going to try a lighter/smaller/thinner 9mm with no light and see if that helps though.

I'm thinking going down in capacity needs to be offset by caliber, but... I am in the same boat and maybe looking at a ruger LCRx but then...all the gangmembers around here are somewhat chunky so I'd like to carry my aluminium 1911 that I am pretty accurate with anyway haha.

But then what will your ears do? No way I will squeeze off one of my 357mag defensive loads without earpro. 9mil however no problem..the 45acp is borderline how it gives me somewhat 'shellshock ringing'. Don't want to loose one of my senses in a situation. It all depends on what places you frequent and your specific situation I guess....

Hmrrrr...I hate to suggest but...fannypack? Haha

20230621_141221.jpg

I'm surprised nobody has told you to dust off that man-vag and suck it up.

So there. I just did. :D

I'm surprised nobody has told you to dust off that man-vag and suck it up.

So there. I just did. :D
It's a bit dusty. I'll try that and I'll let you know if it helps…..

Got out the swifter, pearl is shined up nice….. back still f-cking hurts! Haha.

@eustace_stelio so today I removed everything (minus a extra mag and pack of quikclot) from my back pockets and downsized to a 43X and I noticed a huge shift in felt pain.

I used to have a TQ and spare mag in my back right pocket and a wallet and phone in the left back pocket. I think that may have been a huge issue and a major oversight on my part.

I moved the TQ to the outside of my belt and moved my wallet and phone to my front pockets. Huge difference.

Thanks.

I'm gunna carry this way for the next month or so and see if it eliminates or substantially lessens the felt pain.

@eustace_stelio so today I removed everything (minus a extra mag and pack of quikclot) from my back pockets and downsized to a 43X and I noticed a huge shift in felt pain.

I used to have a TQ and spare mag in my back right pocket and a wallet and phone in the left back pocket. I think that may have been a huge issue and a major oversight on my part.

I moved the TQ to the outside of my belt and moved my wallet and phone to my front pockets. Huge difference.

Thanks.

I'm gunna carry this way for the next month or so and see if it eliminates or substantially lessens the felt pain.
That's good to hear. Hope you find some comfort now.

I quit roaming around with 30 pounds of stuff in my pockets a while ago and went with a backpack.
Though just like my wife's purse it can end up with way to much crap in it.

I quit roaming around with 30 pounds of stuff in my pockets a while ago and went with a backpack.
Though just like my wife's purse it can end up with way to much crap in it.
I'll admit I tried going with the Fanny pack/over the shoulder bag. Couldn't look at myself seriously in the mirror. Not only that but it screamed "GUN" to me.

I do keep a smaller bag in the truck with a IFAK, a few AR mags and some vehicle stuff.

I've been carrying a Swiss Gear backpack for about 15 years, not to big or small.
I keep stuff in it that I don't need right this second and it's always close by.
Spare mags, cash, first aid, poncho, socks, skivvies, pot of coffee in the AM, laptop if I need to.

Hmrrrr...I hate to suggest but...fannypack? Haha
Feel the same but honestly a sling bag fits in very well in the PNW and while I could fit my full size easily, I have other 'necessities' I want on me so I have to compromise.

I know some have had issues I guess with the SCCY's but mine is stupid reliable (even if it's a heavy and long trigger pull). I'd like to switch to something thinner like an m&p 2.0 9mm or Idk what kind of Glock but for now it's a get off me gun and I'm not taking 30 yard shot with it.

I'm the over prepared take everything with me so I can walk home in a SHTF (probably an earthquake) and quickly realized I just don't have enough pockets.

It is more inconvenient to have to take a bag everywhere and either keep it locked or within sight but really, in the PNW, if you look even a little bit then you will see others carrying all kinds of bags.

I just don't put patches on Velcro or advertise what kind of bag it is if I can avoid it so I will take something from LAPOLICEGEAR vs a more expensive maxpedition bag that has its name in 3 places for the world to see. I mean if you know you know and most people probably don't but still I feel it's like putting a bumper sticker on my car.

Just my 2¢ and what I've compromised to have stuff with me but not be burdened by it 100% of the time. (It's also why I'm a very large knife supporter and keep one that could be used in a fight if I had to).

Sorry to hear about the change in life - I've been exclusively in jobs where printing could cost me my job so I tend to play it safe but at least I still have a decent gun and caliber available as needed.

Major shoulder surgery and completely ruptured bicep tendon to dominant arm 4 weeks ago and will be in a sling for another 2 weeks, then physical therapy for 6 months. Arthritic condition on that side long ago caused me to switch from 4 o'clock IWB to AIWB. Range of motion limitations now and after PT means I'll be non-dominant AIWB for the foreseeable future w/Browning HP, Colt LWC .45ACP, or Kimber Pro-Carry II 9MM. Just started an intensive dry practice routine of non-dominant 1-hand firing.

Last Edited:
At 160lbs I could appendix carry, easily draw my .38 snub nose. At 250lbs I can't, my belly hangs over.

So these days it's an outside the waistband holster on the small of my back, I can actually get to it if I need it. I just wear a tucked in undershirt and an untucked dress shirt, it nicely conceals the fact that I am carrying.

Personally I'm not gonna wear a sling bag just for a 38 snubbi or something. Slingbag is Draco CCW territory for me. Which I actually might need here where I live *eyeroll*

Update-

Not that any of y'all care. Lol. But I narrowed down my issue to the super stiff belt I have been wearing for years. That with the combination of a full load out (appendix) has put a decent amount of pressure along my lower back and over time it became an issue.

For the past month or so I have changed my belt and went with a Hunter Constantine EDC belt and it's amazing the amount of difference I notice. It's rigid (inner steel) up front but elastic in the back.

Needless to say I get to go back to carrying full size guns and the single stacks/compacts are going back into the safe. Thank goodness!

That looks like a nice belt - too bad it's just 1.5".

I found a going up from 1.5" to 1.75" belt helped with reducing my sciatica.
I was hesitant at first about the elastic but I print even less now. If one even cares about that.

1.75 can be difficult with belt loops. Haha.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top