JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ill have to scroll through this, but who here carries .380? Anyone have a particular prefered load?
Ive owned .380s in the past but never got into defensive loads.

Im planning on getting a Taurus TCP with a wallet holster for an alternate CC method I havent tried before.

Ill have to scroll through this, but who here carries .380? Anyone have a particular prefered load?

Im planning on getting a Taurus TCP with a wallet holster for an alternate CC method I havent tried before.
Winchester PDX-1 seems to work pretty well... And it's performance, from what I've read, should be adequate to get you to something more substantial...

For the record, it works well through the TCP I had an opportunity to shoot... Grouping was a couple of inches at self defense distances of 3 to 5 yards...

I wouldn't feel handicapped by carrying the pistol/load combination...

LOL!!! I carry Hornady Zombie Max! I bought a nice supply, at an attractive price, when I bought my Ruger LCP. I like Hornadys cone shaped defensive rounds because they feed in anything! Never had a bobble with them!
I know that some people prefer Buffalo Bore .380 rounds, or a mix, for their penetration. If I ever find a box of the BB's at a decent price, I'll try them too!

Last Edited:
Federal Premium GUARD DOG 9mm 105g EFMJ

z15-e1439657742774.jpg

After a recent ND left me with a ruptured eardrum I switched to the relatively quieter .40S&W round (158dB vs. 170dB). That 12dB difference can mean the difference between a painful ringing and deafness. I am currently carrying Lehigh Defense 40 S&W 115gr Xtreme Defense Ammunition.

http://www.lehighdefense.com/collec...-xtreme-defense-ammunition?variant=5402599620
09400115S.jpg
Looks like a phillips screwdriver tip - kinda says "you're screwed" to who ever gets hit with this stuff... :D:rolleyes:

my gawd......the reload vs the law internet lie will never die

smart reason not to carry reloads is reliability

stupid reason is to avoid some lame imaginary crap about lawyers

and I am betting that's what he don't care about, he would be a fool not to care about reliability

I don't worry about either factor. Let's face it, a defensive shooting is an extremely rare event, and a squib (or whatever) is extremely rare and usually not the end of the world either. There are LOTS more things to worry about in a shooting situation that are a LOT more probable - like tripping on the stairs or on furniture, or not having enough light to see the sights (I have tritium), or having forgotten to reholster my gun while I was in the john, or having misplaced my flashlight or let the battery go down, etc. People just go overboard with a lot of this stuff. I do carry while in the home though - had a home invasion just a mile from here. Some people will spend tons of money on a fancy gun and whiz-bang ammo, and then set their gun in the safe when they get home. :rolleyes:

I have tried many 380 rounds in eight different 380's. I like the Remington HP as well as the PDX1 mentioned, I really like Federal Hydroshocks and they have been around for a long time, just the supply is spotty is my only complaint. I can reliably get Underwood ammunition with Hornady XTP bullets, so that is my new standard. Any round with a XTP or Speer Gold Dot ought to be good and feed your TCP. That is a good choice for a pocket pistol, just shoot at least 100 rounds before you carry it regular, to make sure the one you bought doesn't have issues.

I don't worry about either factor. Let's face it, a defensive shooting is an extremely rare event, and a squib (or whatever) is extremely rare and usually not the end of the world either. There are LOTS more things to worry about in a shooting situation that are a LOT more probable - like tripping on the stairs or on furniture, or not having enough light to see the sights (I have tritium), or having forgotten to reholster my gun while I was in the john, or having misplaced my flashlight or let the battery go down, etc. People just go overboard with a lot of this stuff. I do carry while in the home though - had a home invasion just a mile from here. Some people will spend tons of money on a fancy gun and whiz-bang ammo, and then set their gun in the safe when they get home. :rolleyes:
Jimminee Christmas Paul, just use this as an excuse to buy a separate bathroom gun. One of yor problems solved! .... You are welcome! :p

If you need to worry about reliability with your reloads you should stop reloading all together.
I have said this many times before,if your lawyer can't overcome any objective to what rounds you use you need a new lawyer
"My client was using the ammo that he has found to be the most accurate in his carry weapon as to lower the chance of any collateral damage and to stop the threat as quick as possible,sir"
Not that thought to figure out.

Mine:
38 special non +p Buffalo Bore 150 hardcast wadcutter - Ruger LRC
9mm Federal non +p HST 124gr - S&W Shield
9mm Federal non +p HST 147gr - Springfield XD subcompact
44 special 165gr Hornady Critical Defense - Taurus 445UL
44 special Buffalo Bore 200gr hardcast wadcutter - Ruger Redhawk
12 gauge Federal Flite Control 00 buck 8 pellet - Winchester 1300 Defender 18.5 inch barrel

Wife:
38 special non +p 110gr Hornady Critical Defense - S&W 442 and Ruger SP101
9mm non +p 115gr Hornady Critical Defense - Sig P938

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads