JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're a weird southpaw.
I can use my right hand too. I call it the stranger.

In all honesty I'm right handed but left eye dominant. I used to shoot pistol right handed and rifle left handed until I forced myself to train lefty up to the point it became natural.

Having seen the damage a seatbelt can cause, I recommend being very careful about putting a gun in its path carrying AIWB and creating a metal pressure point in a collision.

AIWB.

Just over a week ago. Hit-and-run. Apparently, I rolled over. No gun bouncing around as a projectile. No shooting of nads or femoral artery.

JSVdhORm.jpg

Sorry I don't fit the stereotypes. ;)

Last Edited:
AIWB.

Just over a week ago. Hit-and-run. Apparently, I rolled over. No gun bouncing around as a projectile. No shooting of nads or femoral artery.

View attachment 1739632

Dang, glad you're ok. Sorry about the hit and run though. I'm driving the same truck right now (road trip to Lake Tahoe), burrowed from my parents as I didn't want to take my Superduty and get door dings, your truck looks like it protected you quite well.

AIWB.

View attachment 1739632

Glad you're alright!

I've heard the arguments from "experts" how it's dangerous to carry appendix when getting in a vehicle accident. I don't give it any thought. That's the least of my worries.

It's ok not to fit into "stereotypes." Lol.

Glad you're alright!

I've heard the arguments from "experts" how it's dangerous to carry appendix when getting in a vehicle accident. I don't give it any thought. That's the least of my worries.

It's ok not to fit into "stereotypes." Lol.
Much truth to that! If everyone followed stereotypes then we'd all look the same. I really enjoy hearing from others as far as ideas for protection in all different scenarios.

What do people do while they are driving and need to access the firearm?
Appendix carry solves this.

Yes yes, I know, I'll shoot m d**k off...or my eye out...or something like that. :rolleyes:

Side Note: I'm in the camp that thinks your car should not be a holster...meaning you should NOT take your gun off and mount it somewhere in the vehicle. In the event you need to exit the vehicle quickly, there may not be time to grab it. And it seems like the thing could become a missile much more easily if one were to get into an accident. Having a loaded gun bouncing around the car in a rollover accident just seems like a really bad idea.

Yes, I know...But Cabo, shooting your d**k off is a bad idea too! :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Appendix carry solves this.

Yes yes, I know, I'll shoot m d**k off...or my eye out...or something like that. :rolleyes:

Side Note: I'm in the camp that thinks your car should not be a holster...meaning you should NOT take your gun off and mount it somewhere in the vehicle. In the even you need to exit the vehicle quickly, there may not be time to grab it. And it seems like the thing could become a missile much more easily if one were to get into an accident. Having a loaded gun bouncing around the car in a rollover accident just seems like a really bad idea.

Yes, I know...But Cabo, shooting your d**k off is a bad idea too! :rolleyes:
I also believe your firearm should be on your person for the fastest response in a shtf situation. That being said I do keep my pistol on me at all times but also use my pickup and a rolling tool box for all situations.....overhead rack with a rifle and shotgun, ar mount in the back seat next to my fx air gun and a extra pistol in the center consol. I have to be ready for any situation.....in the event of an accident I hope everything stays in its proper place.

If I'm driving a lot I use either an Andrews Carjacker or a DeSantis Roscoe [ depending on which gun]. It puts the gun in my lap while seated. And still firmly attached to me. Neither interfere with the seatbelt.
They are not great for walking around in a crowd, but for driving and fuel stops they work just fine. DR

Many good comments here. This time of year I will wear more 3 o'clock owb with jackets. It's just a matter of practice as I carried this way with a duty gun for many years. I tend to unbuckle as I'm approaching my parking location. This thread has inspired me to go out and practice with a SIRT gun once again (perishable skills). It helps to watch for sweeping parts of your body unnecessarily as well. IIRC Clint Smith has a video out on this and practicing as well.

The seatbelt-in-a-crash thing is a consideration; I've been to hundreds of crashes along with autopsies where you could see the imprint and broken bones from the force of the belt, but we need to personally make our choices. In the current world, I'm good with AIWB and accessing a firearm over a serious crash risk, personal choice. I also take long business trips and it's easier to remove the entire gun/holster rig from a clip on AIWB and secure it in the center console for trips of a few hours. Easy to gun up discretely at the destination as well.

As for this...
You mean by driving a Subaru?
(Likely not recommended in Portland)

SubNotaLib.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show