JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I tote 124gr +P Short Barrel Gold Dot in my P938. On the rare occasions that I carry my 1911 I have 18 rounds of 40gr recoiless flash bang rockets. Hope I would never have to use it for defense, but the little 22TCM should manage to get it done. And scare the heck out of passers-by in the process ;-)

I carry this (stout) Underwood ammo in my Ruger GP100...

Underwood_Ammo_357_Magnum_158_Grain_XTP_JHP.1280.jpg

So, Ive been carrying 9mm Hornady 135gr Critical Duty in my Sub compact EDC and 147gr Winchester HP in my Compact.

Curious what other defensive loads guys swear by, what caliber also the firearm you carry it in. Anyone switch out winter and summer carry loads?
So, Ive been carrying 9mm Hornady 135gr Critical Duty in my Sub compact EDC and 147gr Winchester HP in my Compact.

Curious what other defensive loads guys swear by, what caliber also the firearm you carry it in. Anyone switch out winter and summer carry loads?

I keep it simple. 13 rounds of 130g lrf 9mm in front of 4.5 g wsf. I can put four or five rounds in a 2 inch group pretty consistently at 25 or 30 feet. Of course, at home my bedside piece is a GP100 357 Mag (I live in the country and don't give a rip if the slug goes through a couple of walls after it goes through the invader.) backed up by a shotgun.

124gr HPR in the 9mm
The .40 has Critical Duty (to be swapped soon because it's ended its carry life cycle)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top