JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it gets real, I won't need weapons, I'll unleash the dogs of war.

View attachment 1237813

Mine is more a dog of naps.

20211007_094055.jpg 20211008_125821.jpg

As the title states. if everything goes south.. what is your go to firearm.

and for SHTF, i am guessing no law and order.. dog eat dog times and not just the power going out for a few days.

For me, its my Tavor, it just fits for me. My ar and my SCAR all need some adjustment, or to run in ball pounding single point slings. The Tavor is perfect for me as when I carry it in the Savy Sniper sling, I simply have to reach down and my hand is on the grip and I simply need to raise it and I am ready. to me, thats perfect for a battle weapon.
Probably grouping up would be more of a viable strategy than relying on any specific firearm. While I like movies, the popular notion of a solo hero going against multiple simultaneous armed attackers isn't realistic. From a beginner's perspective, seems like one would easily get out-flanked when reloading.

I specifically got my ZPAP85 for the JIC...I've got a baaad feeling about the next few years. Hard recession/depression + a generation of entitled jobless 20-something's and under + LEO to population ratios matching the 1960s + a pendulum swing to an upgraded cult of personality on the right in 2024 = social unrest and organized crime the likes of which haven't been seen since prohibition.

AK reliability, 5.56 NATO, fits in a backpack. Has a folding triangle brace, and a 3x prism in case watch batteries become difficult to acquire for some reason. If I ever have targets beyond 150yrds I must have REALLY pissed someone off.

I specifically got my ZPAP85 for the JIC...I've got a baaad feeling about the next few years. Hard recession/depression + a generation of entitled jobless 20-something's and under + LEO to population ratios matching the 1960s + a pendulum swing to an upgraded cult of personality on the right in 2024 = social unrest and organized crime the likes of which haven't been seen since prohibition.

AK reliability, 5.56 NATO, fits in a backpack. Has a folding triangle brace, and a 3x prism in case watch batteries become difficult to acquire for some reason. If I ever have targets beyond 150yrds I must have REALLY pissed someone off.
"Upgraded cult of personality on the right."

Despite what the news said, 2016-2019 before covid was purposely released on the world, were generally pretty great for Americans.

Gas was cheap, economy was booming, the DC swamp was showing its true self.

I think an important prep would be voting properly.

"Upgraded cult of personality on the right."

Despite what the news said, 2016-2019 before covid was purposely released on the world, were generally pretty great for Americans.

Gas was cheap, economy was booming, the DC swamp was showing its true self.

I think an important prep would be voting properly.
What I mean is that the pendulum has been swinging for a while now...after Bush/Cheney I think most Americans were finally fed up with the status quo politics that gutted the middle class all the way back to Nixon.

Along came Obama as the guy who was gonna mix it up with some hardcore hope/change...couldn't even get a public option added to healthcare reform with a blue congress.

Oops! More status quo...pendulum swings harder to the opposite end with Trump. THAT stirred the pot, and scared sober a lot of centrists who were willing to settle with a guy who probably can't recite the alphabet without a judicious amount of Adderall just to hold onto the memory of some semblance off normal. More...status...quo.

The thirst for radical change in the system is still there I believe for a majority of Americans. It's why Bernie Sanders did so well twice, it's why more people identify as Independents politically than Democrats or Republicans, it's why the talk of civil war has become a legitimate issue in large publications and with prominent thinkers, and why a Tucker Carlson or Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has just as much chance imo at becoming the next POTUS as any career establishment politician groomed for the role their entire lives.

Not sure which way the wind is going to blow, but it will probably take a few roofs off.

What I mean is that the pendulum has been swinging for a while now...after Bush/Cheney I think most Americans were finally fed up with the status quo politics that gutted the middle class all the way back to Nixon.

Along came Obama as the guy who was gonna mix it up with some hardcore hope/change...couldn't even get a public option added to healthcare reform with a blue congress.

Oops! More status quo...pendulum swings harder to the opposite end with Trump. THAT stirred the pot, and scared sober a lot of centrists who were willing to settle with a guy who probably can't recite the alphabet without a judicious amount of Adderall just to hold onto the memory of some semblance off normal. More...status...quo.

The thirst for radical change in the system is still there I believe for a majority of Americans. It's why Bernie Sanders did so well twice, it's why more people identify as Independents politically than Democrats or Republicans, it's why the talk of civil war has become a legitimate issue in large publications and with prominent thinkers, and why a Tucker Carlson or Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has just as much chance imo at becoming the next POTUS as any career establishment politician groomed for the role their entire lives.

Not sure which way the wind is going to blow, but it will probably take a few roofs off.
Makes sense the way you describe it, thanks for clarifying.

To get back to the topic of OP.

I set up a pistol with a NV compatible red dot.

Depends... Not really something you can answer with limited info. A very nuanced situation required nuance in return. Higher up on the list would be a glock or two with a couple different recoil spring assemblies for shooting sub calibers out of them, such as .40 out a 10mm or .380 out of 9x19. And then maybe instead of carrying multiple firearms as some have suggested in much rather just carry a spare slide assembly. Packs down pretty small.
A single primary weapon TBD. really primarily it would come down to his much ammo you could carry and his many people you have in your "party".
most likely something 5.56 based though.
An AC 556 or a standard mini folder wouldn't be a terrible choice. Nice compact. Fairly rugged. Depending on the folder stock somewhat moderate weight for humpin' around.

Depends on how "south", South is.

For general minor civil disturbance: Lever Gun 357
More intense: Mini14, or one of the two M1 Carbines
Total schmuck hits the fan: Colt, or Aero Precision AR

Probably my CZ PCR-D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA