JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
mini 30 Pt 3 001.JPG

Depends on what I plan on encountering, but if I had to have only one loadout, it would probably be:
.308 Saiga (converted) with 25 or 20 round mags and a Springfield Armory XD45 Tactical. I would also supplement that with an AR, Mossberg 500, and Tikka 338. I think having many options is a good thing, which I do have. My most favorable thing to do would be to bring trusted, but previously unenlightened friends into the mix and arm them in my group with the things that I obviously cannot carry around all by myself. Anyways, here's a relevant picture:

52180557c856110c44000003_736.jpg

Your STHF weapon will generally be the gun you have on you at that particular moment in time.

Exactly.

Hence being prepared.

When out and about I have a Glock 26 and 10 rounds of Critical Duty. As well as a NEF single shot and 100 rounds of birdshot in the car with a belt rig for the ammo. I usually keep a box of 9mm in the car as well, I'm not sure what's in there at the moment, I do have at least another 50 rounds of something though.

At home. The safe is the pickins. IE. whatever I feel like. Probably the light weight ARs I built for such an occasion. Then the 20 on the hip. The 26 would then go down to the ankle. Maybe a 19 IWB. Perhaps a 17 on a drop leg. I might get creative and sling the AR and carry another rifle up front. All that weight may be interesting. I should try it backpacking some time and see how logical it all is!

Any 223, 9 mm, or 12 gauge. Because once our armed forces go down there will be plenty of these laying around!

As the title states. if everything goes south.. what is your go to firearm.

and for SHTF, i am guessing no law and order.. dog eat dog times and not just the power going out for a few days.

For me, its my Tavor, it just fits for me. My ar and my SCAR all need some adjustment, or to run in ball pounding single point slings. The Tavor is perfect for me as when I carry it in the Savy Sniper sling, I simply have to reach down and my hand is on the grip and I simply need to raise it and I am ready. to me, thats perfect for a battle weapon.

I'm going to go with a rusty screwdriver, and a fire-ax. You never need ammo and you can open all the cans of beans left behind when all the stores are looted, because no one will have can openers.

I mean like really, you know, when the PAW comes, those army guys are going to die well before they use up all that ammo, and we all know they're going to run away leaving all that juicy loot right there for you to find. They'll be too busy fighting off lice and disease.

At the same time... why would they leave just the ammo? Wouldn't they also leave guns? So why do you even need a gun? Besides, all you need in a zombie apocalypse is a revolver, and maybe a deer rifle and the ability to deliver a rousing yet defiant speech!

Oh wait.... dammit!

I was thinking a PUKE RAY would be perfect.
Many weapons have the unfortunate side effect of being lethal, so defense agencies are always on the lookout for more humane ways to stun the enemy. In 2007, the military thought it had found it in the "sick stick": a flashlight that unleashed a kaleidoscopic pulse that caused vertigo, nausea, and hurling.

The idea for the weapon dates all the way back to the 1950s, when helicopter pilots started mysteriously crashing. Investigators determined that the frequency of choppy flashes of sunlight shining through a chopper's spinning blades caused dizziness and disorientation. Tinted glass and helmet visors solved the pilots' problems, but the U.S. military started wondering whether it could use the effect to its advantage.

While the sick stick gets two thumbs up for twisted creativity, the weapon has major flaws. First, a target has to look directly at the light to feel the effects—why not just turn and run? Or wear shades? Also, the gadget's unwieldy size—15 inches long, 4 inches wide—made it cumbersome in the field.

A Department of Homeland Security newsletter criticized the sick stick, deeming it "more transportable than portable." Before long, the military abandoned the $800,000 project.

But the idea didn't die there. In 2009, a pair of hardware hackers slapped together their own version for $250 using a flashlight from Sears, $3 LEDs, a nine-volt battery, and a heat sink from a computer processor—enough to make the government queasy.
Or I will just stick with the 30-30

I'm going to go with a rusty screwdriver, and a fire-ax. You never need ammo and you can open all the cans of beans left behind when all the stores are looted, because no one will have can openers.

I mean like really, you know, when the PAW comes, those army guys are going to die well before they use up all that ammo, and we all know they're going to run away leaving all that juicy loot right there for you to find. They'll be too busy fighting off lice and disease.

At the same time... why would they leave just the ammo? Wouldn't they also leave guns? So why do you even need a gun? Besides, all you need in a zombie apocalypse is a revolver, and maybe a deer rifle and the ability to deliver a rousing yet defiant speech!

Oh wait.... dammit!

The only problem I see with your theory is, the other guys with guns will be looking to improve their own situation. It might be hard to defend yourself with an ax and screw driver at 100 yards.

I know if I end up in an area where I am defending my fortress there would be nothing in the area to find I would have collected it all already

The only problem I see with your theory is, the other guys with guns will be looking to improve their own situation. It might be hard to defend yourself with an ax and screw driver at 100 yards.

I know if I end up in an area where I am defending my fortress there would be nothing in the area to find I would have collected it all already

What? You mean there won't just be weapons and ammo and food laying around all over the place?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top