JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have pictures of them for the most part. And I store them securely away from home. Here's one pic I do have:

IMG_0255.jpg

1944 Ithaca 1911A1 US Army issued and stamped. Carried by my Great Uncle in WWII. I've posted it before.

Belonged to Grandfathers. Most are pre war.
Colt Woodsman. Pre 64 model 70 Winchester 30/06, Winchester Model 12, 12 gauge
Winchester 1898 22 WRF pump, Colt 38 New Service

I finally have my Grand Dads Winchester 1895 that he and Grandma custom built in the 60's! Gramps sold it to keep family from fighting over it! Still a beautiful rifle all these years later! I hadn't see it since 1988! 1pix431613217.jpg

Funny story on that rifle, When Grandma went to do the finish, she mixed it with Vodka! In her mind, Vodka was the purest alcohol you could get, so she would have a shot, then mix her special blend and go to work! Made perfect sense to us, you can drink Vodka right?!?!?! She did that with every rifle or shot gun they did, and the finish looks as good now as it did then!

This Winchester Model 1894 30-30 has been in the family since it was purchased new in 1907. It was used as the family ranch gun/hunting rifle. The length of pull is sadly far too short for me, as the stock was cut down many decades ago to accommodate the small size of everyone on my father's side. My father was never a hunter, but he told me the story of the only deer he ever had a shot on was with this rifle and he fired in the dirt to scare it off because he didn't have the heart to kill it. Of course, he told his brothers he missed... Lol. It is far from pristine, but it was well used. I love the old flip up peep sight, the thing is still very accurate.

1894.jpg

Y'all have seen these before...but they are the only pictures I have of them.

My Granddad's Remington 870 Wingmaster.
Its from 1962 and is a 20 gauge with a 28 inch barrel with a modified choke.
I was very young when he gave it to me around 8 or so...under his and my Dad's care and teaching I learned to shoot and hunt with it.
This shotgun was my first gun and has accounted for many a squirrel , rabbit , grouse , clay bird and pesky tin can.
Sill goes out hunting with me each season...

Next up is my Dad's Series 70 Colt Government Model in .45acp.
He bought new in 1973 and we have used ever since as a "house gun" and a all around "fun" gun to shoot.
I still use it as my carry gun as well.
One that is not pictured was given to me by my dad on my 13th birthday.
It is a H&R 649 .22LR / .22magnun revolver.
This neat little revolver was my first handgun....i still shoot it a lot to this day...as a teaching gun and a fun plinker.
Andy
DSC06606.jpg
DSC06046.jpg

Posted this before but this was my Grandfathers. After retirement he bought a bar in a poor part of town. He got knifed twice. First time in face and he took the clown down to the floor where he stayed till Cops got there. Second time guy got him in one side and he took off. Grandad took off after him and some bystander pounded the clown down when he tried to jump in his truck to get away from my Grandpa. Grandpa went back to bar, refused ambulance, took a couple bar rags and jumped in a cab to go to the hospital. That one the Doc there said he could have died. Grandma had had enough. She said he had choices. Sell bar, no longer work there, or carry a gun. So he bought this. I remember as a child seeing him take it off a shelf in the kitchen to drop in his pocket before kissing Grandma and going off to work. It's the only reason I have kept it. Near as I can tell it was made pre WWII. Still fire a mag through it now and then for fun.

thumbnail.jpg

Posted this before but this was my Grandfathers. After retirement he bought a bar in a poor part of town. He got knifed twice. First time in face and he took the clown down to the floor where he stayed till Cops got there. Second time guy got him in one side and he took off. Grandad took off after him and some bystander pounded the clown down when he tried to jump in his truck to get away from my Grandpa. Grandpa went back to bar, refused ambulance, took a couple bar rags and jumped in a cab to go to the hospital. That one the Doc there said he could have died. Grandma had had enough. She said he had choices. Sell bar, no longer work there, or carry a gun. So he bought this. I remember as a child seeing him take it off a shelf in the kitchen to drop in his pocket before kissing Grandma and going off to work. It's the only reason I have kept it. Near as I can tell it was made pre WWII. Still fire a mag through it now and then for fun.

View attachment 419827

Thats cool! Does the grip inlay say ERMA?

This Winchester Model 1894 30-30 has been in the family since it was purchased new in 1907. It was used as the family ranch gun/hunting rifle. The length of pull is sadly far too short for me, as the stock was cut down many decades ago to accommodate the small size of everyone on my father's side. My father was never a hunter, but he told me the story of the only deer he ever had a shot on was with this rifle and he fired in the dirt to scare it off because he didn't have the heart to kill it. Of course, he told his brothers he missed... Lol. It is far from pristine, but it was well used. I love the old flip up peep sight, the thing is still very accurate.

View attachment 419798

Well used is a part of its history and heritage. That is the best part thanks for sharing!

1st gun i ever shot was a Glenfield model 25. i was 6-ish. 2nd gun H&R model 949. 3rd gun US Remington 03A3. they were my Grandpas. he passed when i was 10. ive had those 3 guns ever since.

Yes Erma then a lot of German writing on the slide. Box it came in has German writing in it too. They were from what I have read imported before WWII.

Have you ever translated the box? It would be cool to see what it said and if there was a make and manufacturer on it. So Erma isn't your Grandma's name is it? Be kinda cool if it was then your grandpa basically took her to work with him everynight and she kept him safe! ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews