JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have my Grandfather's home defense handgun, a Savage model 1905 in original box with original cleaning brushes and manual. The handgun is in pristine condition unlike the one whose photo I included here. I don't believe he ever fired it and that it just sat in his desk for about 84 years.
View attachment 420510

Interestingly enough, this model went up against the Colt 45 ACP for the Colt .38 Service Revolver replacement and gave it a run for its money but it finally lost the M1911 title to the Colt.

Even Buffalo Bill had one!

View attachment 420517

So not only is it a family heirloom, but also a fascinating piece of history!

I have the same gun.:D

Last Edited:
I have 2 from my dad.
1 from his dad.
1 from my great grandad.

Also,

2 from my moms stepdad who was my only grandpa I knew on that side and the one that taught me how to shoot starting when I was 4. His are no more valuable then the others but have much more sentimental meaning then the others.

This is fun.
I think I'm making SKrueger crazy. :D

How about this one.
1911A1 Ithaca. All Correct.

It was given to me by the son of the GI that used it. :eek:

Mine is identical and was given to me as well, but by my family. :cool:

Colt 1903 Hammerless made in 1930 with box, paperwork, and cleaning brush.

Again. Not my family's heirloom. o_O

View attachment 420520

Hey! I forgot about that one, probably because it's not mine. My wife has her Grandfather's 1908 Colt. He carried it while working as a railroad conductor in the 50s and 60s. He must have bought it used as it was made in '38. It would be 98% except for some reason the pin through the slide right at the grasping grooves was removed or moved out of place. It was kinda buggered up, but I got it straight and fully installed. Fun little shooter.

I can not give away any trade secrets.
But rest assured. Someday, I will have them all. :D

Not from my family you won't! :D

I've got my grandpa's Ithaca Model 37 feather light, and Remington Nylon 66 .22 that's a tack driver. I also have an 1896 Iver Johnson Safety Automatic hammerless .38 S&W revolver from my great uncle and a 45 cal kit derringer that's either from my grandpa or great uncle nobody really knows whose it was.

I've got my grandpa's Ithaca Model 37 feather light, and Remington Nylon 66 .22 that's a tack driver. I also have an 1896 Iver Johnson Safety Automatic hammerless .38 S&W revolver from my great uncle and a 45 cal kit derringer that's either from my grandpa or great uncle nobody really knows whose it was.

I think we need pictures my friend! ;)

I have a really special 51 1911 that I bought that is now a heirloom. It was my first 1911 purchase and will stay in the family! I love that thing. :)
I dunno. That thing might be jinxed in that regard. Sure is a nice one though, isn't it?;)

I think we need pictures my friend! ;)

And I think you're one to talk! :D You should show off that Tikka you're so damned proud of, not to mention some old Colt you found.

I dunno. That thing might be jinxed in that regard. Sure is a nice one though, isn't it?;)

And I think you're one to talk! :D You should show off that Tikka you're so damned proud of, not to mention some old Colt you found.

I have posted pictures of my Tikka in other threads. You got me on the colt will take a picture tomorrow. The only one I have at this moment is the one you took for the add! :D

What a great thread! Really enjoyed reading and seeing all the pics so far. I have a couple to share as well.

4A482DEB-D261-4AD3-A893-DDECE2FF2E3A.jpeg
This is cleary a colt SAA chambered in 38-40 with ivory grips. I really wish I knew the story with this. All I know is it was my grandpas. He passed when I was 14. Before his passing he spent a fair amount of time with me teaching me about firearm safety and how to hit a target :). It was my understanding that after he passed, his firearms were sold to a friend of the family. However, after his wife, my grandma, passed 20 year later; There were several hand guns found wrapped in socks and stuffed in a drawer which where given to me. I was honored to have a few of his firearms that I thought were long gone.

The other one from him is more sentimental in value than anything, it is one of those CVA black powder kits from awhile ago that had never been completed and was beginning to rust. However @AndyinEverson and his friend were kind and generous enough to help finish it for me.
FB2506A8-F79C-4056-AC23-4A98C1F03733.jpeg 41268C88-2DD9-45B0-9B61-7469FAE21243.jpeg

These are two pieces I look forward to passing down to my son:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top