JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a great thread! Really enjoyed reading and seeing all the pics so far. I have a couple to share as well.

View attachment 420585
This is cleary a colt SAA chambered in 38-40 with ivory grips. I really wish I knew the story with this. All I know is it was my grandpas. He passed when I was 14. Before his passing he spent a fair amount of time with me teaching me about firearm safety and how to hit a target :). It was my understanding that after he passed, his firearms were sold to a friend of the family. However, after his wife, my grandma, passed 20 year later; There were several hand guns found wrapped in socks and stuffed in a drawer which where given to me. I was honored to have a few of his firearms that I thought were long gone.

The other one from him is more sentimental in value than anything, it is one of those CVA black powder kits from awhile ago that had never been completed and was beginning to rust. However @AndyinEverson and his friend were kind and generous enough to help finish it for me.
View attachment 420591 View attachment 420592

These are two pieces I look forward to passing down to my son:)

Very cool!! Thanks for sharing. I love stories like that. :)

Nice looking Colt you have there Mike...Oh and those guys who worked on your BP pistol , look like they might know a thing or two...:D
All Kidding aside...I am both glad and honored to have been trusted enough to have worked on your pistol.
Andy
What a great thread! Really enjoyed reading and seeing all the pics so far. I have a couple to share as well.

View attachment 420585
This is cleary a colt SAA chambered in 38-40 with ivory grips. I really wish I knew the story with this. All I know is it was my grandpas. He passed when I was 14. Before his passing he spent a fair amount of time with me teaching me about firearm safety and how to hit a target :). It was my understanding that after he passed, his firearms were sold to a friend of the family. However, after his wife, my grandma, passed 20 year later; There were several hand guns found wrapped in socks and stuffed in a drawer which where given to me. I was honored to have a few of his firearms that I thought were long gone.

The other one from him is more sentimental in value than anything, it is one of those CVA black powder kits from awhile ago that had never been completed and was beginning to rust. However @AndyinEverson and his friend were kind and generous enough to help finish it for me.
View attachment 420591 View attachment 420592

These are two pieces I look forward to passing down to my son:)

I think we need pictures my friend! ;)
I live in a tiny house so other then the nylon 66 they're at my parents, I'll have to get some pics next time I'm out there.

Edit: let's try that again.
20180112_195337.jpg

Last Edited:
I don't make offers on guns brought into a guns stores to sell, if I'm standing there.
But that's just me.

I've seen gun store owners tell people to hit the door for that.
But Hey........ If you got the guts. :D
As a seller, that would indicate to me that the gun shop just wanted to French me!

I guess ir's Technically Saturday, but as promised!

471ADD99-B1B6-4C9B-B0A2-AC6C116660AB.jpeg

This is one beautiful gun! Obviously carried for a while, however it creates less internal conflict if I want to carry it eventually!

My Winchester Model 1906 Expert in half nickle .22 made in 1919. My grandfather bought it sometime before1935. He gave it to my dad in 1935 for his 12th birthday, then my dad gave it to me on my 12th birthday in in 1963. It is 99 years old now. Also have a 1955 J C Higgins 16 gauge single shot break open shotgun that my dad won in 1955. It is 63 years old.

An 1878 Colt Single Action Army in .45 Colt. All numbers matching including gate/frame blend numbers. Unfortunately we don't know the story behind it (my grandpa passed in 2000 and I was the first in the family to really be interested in firearms, but being six I wasn't in any position to ask about it). And his Remington 34, by the production date we reckon it was his 13th birthday present, although we have no way of proving it. It shoots wonderfully with .22 shorts, I intend to take it squirrel hunting this year.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top