JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Grandfather on my Dads side was in some kind of law enforcement in the LA area. I barely remember him.

Pre model 14 "K-38 Target Masterpiece"

P1040450.JPG P1040451.JPG

And a gun I presume Dad sporterized just after he got out of the Navy in '47 and was in a gun shop business with his brother for a time. I believe it is an Enfield. What year/variation :s0153: :s0092: At this time I have the vintage Lyman Alaskan 2.5x set up for use on my AK.

P1040452.JPG

P1040453.JPG

Maybe some wise and experienced member can tell me just what Enfield it may be?

P1040454.JPG

P1040455.JPG

My Grandfather on my Dads side was in some kind of law enforcement in the LA area. I barely remember him.

View attachment 419877 View attachment 419878

And a gun I presume Dad sporterized just after he got out of the Navy in '47 and was in a gun shop business with his brother for a time. I believe it is an Enfield. What year/variation :s0153: :s0092: At this time I have the vintage Lyman Alaskan 2.5x set up for use on my AK.

View attachment 419881

View attachment 419882

View attachment 419883

View attachment 419884

Nice!! There is just something about old guns! I guess you can kinda feel the history in them.

I will have to take some better pictures of this one. But it is a double barrel muzzle loader that I have from my great great grandpa. Rumor has it that he brought it over to the states from East Germany right after the wall came down. There aren't to many markings on it but one of these days I would love for @AndyinEverson to see it.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

This thing is my pride and joy and can't wait to build a display case for it. :)

I will have to take some better pictures of this one. But it is a double barrel muzzle loader that I have from my great great grandpa. Rumor has it that he brought it over to the states from East Germany right after the wall came down. There aren't to many markings on it but one of these days I would love for @AndyinEverson to see it.

View attachment 419888 View attachment 419889 View attachment 419890 View attachment 419891 View attachment 419892 View attachment 419893

This thing is my pride and joy and can't wait to build a display case for it. :)
Wow, that is beautiful! Thank you, I am loving this thread :)

Here's a gun, it's modified, but still good and easier to grip. Colt Detective Special

2467654E-D056-4037-AD50-9FA99EEB8029.jpeg

Here's one I doubt i'll ever shoot, ammo is too expensive and I need a lot more practice reloading. Adams Revolver, pretty sure it is a MKII... shoots .450 Adams.

99A942E6-9C2E-4756-BED3-59AED6ACA633.jpeg

I have no pictures, just doesn't cross my mind while there is ammo to be shot.

Most all of what I have are heirlooms from different family members, not a lot of monetary value in them, but priceless to me in there own way. Here are a few.

AD3e7RkWJ0nuTH_0fs7Dk4dwa2ovOsDVI6ADdAP13jvd-mx4PDzJTZwFc2BEsXYVvxmwwMlaHv8f2TLJec=w1629-h918-no.jpg

G7sPT40vboiDhDuZu-p984szIMm5L4VpNowK6ca_UhDRq6_OcsakcF7-vhju-EczeIHBQ_NndoB0fGgImk=w1629-h918-no.jpg

A Colt Army Special from the late 20's, actually I have two of these from different Uncles. 60S_I_ocZ-bhys6JfBBgkBsQNAxMm2BkjWhjG0-m7UAESru0RTXez8o7PUMEkiQLWDE1XVg6LuMWb-aLJQ=w1629-h918-no.jpg

Early 70's Ruger Security Six.
UyDjLsmm-VW-wQV04LuM8I1bW5WknlZLRhXwGBPQLWJlvw0zeXXbuIQ3QvkaZycTG5B26mjSGjH_gGucHw=w1629-h918-no.jpg

Winchester model 62 in .22lr

BS1uUmCTDh6YbHWJCbF9dMb2l2oVEj56hl7vDDj1exr3aKAev7S0FGfEUID_J3im_Ru7Elph5Iuv10HlMk=w1629-h918-no.jpg

Harrington and Rich .44 caliber shotgun?

QbSDPboOdXaiYOUKkVu2_-zUZRh_WeXx6dBywi4sXTJpxufX7ZPB9mG5_aP03UV7AFwc_TABfq9_ojBVIg=w1629-h918-no.jpg

Winchester 1873, I believe in .44, I have passed this along to a nephew and he uses it as a wall hanger cause it is missing some parts. Y6YiA0fbsI_xVu4YoG258sV-1d4Xhtmtr-pNlLF77lg19W8VAty13kunW-4HVhvwElEvdO7wwZXN0Oa2qI=w1629-h918-no.jpg

View attachment 419888 View attachment 419889 View attachment 419890 View attachment 419891 View attachment 419892 View attachment 419893

Yeah...I'd really love to meet up...and see if that shotgun is good to go for shooting...or help you make it that way...:D
Andy

Wow. You guys have some great old guns!

I inherited a couple of "Wards Western Field" .22s several years ago. Did a little research and found my dad's bolt action single shot is actually a re-badged Mossberg, and my grandfather's tube fed semi-auto is a Savage or Stevens model 87. He actually took a deer with that every year in his apple orchard in Cove Orchard/Yamhill. A 22!

Neither rifle is uniquely special, nor are they especially beautiful. But they both shoot accurately. With a 2 year old grandson, and two more on the way, I plan to introduce them to safe plinking and pass the guns along to them when they're ready.

LOL
My big brother's wife won't allow guns in there house, So I have his Ruger 10-22, Remington 7500 in 30/06, a Colt Army Special, and an old shotgun in my gun safe. They are still my older brothers guns, I'm just stuck with making room in the safe for them till he is ready to man up.

These guns were literally thrust upon me, some are nice and some aren't. I don't think of myself as their owner so much as their custodian.
My biggest concern is who to pass them to, all my adult nephews are anti gun for the most part. I do have a 5 year old grandson and it is my hope he will take over custodianship some day.

Have you ever translated the box? It would be cool to see what it said and if there was a make and manufacturer on it. So Erma isn't your Grandma's name is it? Be kinda cool if it was then your grandpa basically took her to work with him everynight and she kept him safe! ;)

Be a good idea. Will find someone who can tell me what it all says. Always assumed is was just something about the plant were they were produced and such. I can tell part of what's on the slide is German for the caliber. Granddad was Immigrant from Sweden. Grew up VERY dirt poor farming. Guess that's why late in life when he was very comfortable he was still so damn protective of what was his. To twice at his age go after some "kid" who went at him with a knife with no weapons. What's the old line about messing with an old man. Both of those clowns learned a good lesson on that. :) He outlived 2 wives and was close to 100 when he finally passed. Was still sharp till the end. Always hope that however old I am when it's my time my mind at least is still there until the end like his was.

Wow. You guys have some great old guns!

I inherited a couple of "Wards Western Field" .22s several years ago. Did a little research and found my dad's bolt action single shot is actually a re-badged Mossberg, and my grandfather's tube fed semi-auto is a Savage or Stevens model 87. He actually took a deer with that every year in his apple orchard in Cove Orchard/Yamhill. A 22!

Neither rifle is uniquely special, nor are they especially beautiful. But they both shoot accurately. With a 2 year old grandson, and two more on the way, I plan to introduce them to safe plinking and pass the guns along to them when they're ready.

For decades the big makers rolled out guns for stores like Wards, Sears, Western Auto and such. A LOT of them were very fine guns. Decades later you used to be able to often find really nice deals on these used. Before the net came along a lot of people who ended up with one had no idea what they were. The name on them often made them sell for pennies on the dollar to what they were worth. When I was a kid had a couple of these guns that back then I had no idea why they shot so well. Little did I know my guns where the same as the "name brand ones" that cost a lot more.

LOL
My big brother's wife won't allow guns in there house, So I have his Ruger 10-22, Remington 7500 in 30/06, a Colt Army Special, and an old shotgun in my gun safe. They are still my older brothers guns, I'm just stuck with making room in the safe for them till he is ready to man up.

These guns were literally thrust upon me, some are nice and some aren't. I don't think of myself as their owner so much as their custodian.
My biggest concern is who to pass them to, all my adult nephews are anti gun for the most part. I do have a 5 year old grandson and it is my hope he will take over custodianship some day.

Damn, hopefully some family member will wake up and appreciate them!!

View attachment 419877 View attachment 419878

View attachment 419881

View attachment 419882

View attachment 419883

View attachment 419884

Man many Smith collectors would wet themselves to get hands on that old wheel gun. That was kept in great shape!!!

WOW, would love to hear Andy's take on that when he gets to handle it!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top