JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am working on recommendations for emergency dismissal from school. We had an issue today where we had to dismiss early and contact all the parents. The main issue was that once we were outside, in a location other than where we go for fire drills, all the classes got mixed together. Once students found out they were getting out early, it was difficult to wrangle them. There were also families that could have had multiple students checked off at once, but check out was set up so that each student had to be checked off as an individual.
They can organize rallies for safer schools and against the Second Amendment, but can't be trusted to stay in one place? Kind of like herding cats.

Good luck on the recommendations. Every parent/guardian has different situations to deal with - no one is the same. It sounds like something that needed done a while ago with parent/guardian input.

They can organize rallies for safer schools and against the Second Amendment, but can't be trusted to stay in one place? Kind of like herding cats.

7-12 being told, at the end of second period, that they're one phone call away from freedom on a nice day. That's about right.

I think the main "problem" is we are a decent sized small town. Everyone thinks small town and half the people are related to each other one way or another (and a few ways I didn't want to know about) that we don't have some "big city" procedures in place. But we are also not quite small enough that you can just yell down main street that school is closed and all the parent's show up within 10 minutes.

I ordered a couple of books; one on large-scale water storage, the other on defensive revolvers. I also obtained canned goods and continued plowing through reading material. So, pretty standard stuff, but it is good to be moving forward a little bit each day. :)

I am working on recommendations for emergency dismissal from school. We had an issue today where we had to dismiss early and contact all the parents. The main issue was that once we were outside, in a location other than where we go for fire drills, all the classes got mixed together. Once students found out they were getting out early, it was difficult to wrangle them. There were also families that could have had multiple students checked off at once, but check out was set up so that each student had to be checked off as an individual.

This doesn't really answer your question, but last year, I began printing all student rosters with addresses and phone number contacts for my emergency evac packet. I also hand printed any allergy and medical conditions each student has and if any other people are authorized to pick up. I did this because we don't keep hard copies of emergency cards anymore. The computers will always work. :rolleyes: If the power goes out we have generators :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Today, received the MK-Tek kydex holster for the 686 Plus... Fits the 686 well enough, and of course fits me well enough too... Has retention adjustments as well as can't and carry height adjustments. I think it's well worth the cost. Perhaps I'll try appendix carry :eek:

23874FB2-3D64-434D-9C9B-82A9C97679C3.jpeg 616045DD-90C6-4754-A000-6D6E118E1657.jpeg

I bought a couple thousand more rounds of target 9mm and .223. + 500 mk262 and 100 9mm HST.

I have been dry firing a few times a week, practicing "up drills" dry, with a weighted rifle, and working on CCW draw from concealment with a par timer app.

Working out and dry firing with the PC on. I got the second plate (got a good deal on an ar500 advanced lightweight shooters cut for the front) and got everything positioned and padded.

Went shooting last weekend with it on. It is going to be a lot of work to get used to shooting with it there. Also nedd to add a camle back or similar ASAP for summer. Hot!

Odds'n'ends again. Making a little progress each day.
  • Acquired some canned goods (e.g., canned Bega cheese, tinned corn beef) and dried meat (jamón).
  • The better half bought another canned goods organizer. They are really helping organize the canned goods stockpile.
  • Pressed forward on the 01FFL project (e.g., checked LLC filing, paperwork, Internet site, PO Box, et. al.). I hope to have everything off to the ATF the end of this week or the start of the next.
  • Started another ebook. I just wrapped up yet another one on Cascadia, so I shifted to another topic.
  • Prepared (e..g, paint, label, etc.) another couple ammo cans for storage.

Take the dremmel and some polish to the feed ramp, until it's mirror shiny. Had the same issue with an ATI Commander, fed round nose no issues, hollow points it would sometimes hang up on. A felt tip polisher and some Mother's Mag polish and it now feeds Federal HST's reliably...
Thanks for the tip. Put several mags of american gunner through successfully after polish.

First attempt of helping a fellow Old Coot in inventorying the huge and vast amounts of various ammo. Not only does this Old Coot, (whom I am only assisting here!) not know how much he has; ... but also he does not know where it all is! Yikes!

A somewhat comfy position to be in. :)

Ongoing nearly completed project: adding another in ground 12,000 gallon water storage tank to my primary water system. Everything is installed, just need to shut the system down to reroute the plumbing.

EDIT: Rerouting complete, system fully charged and functional. :)

Last Edited:
Getting ffl process started
Range day: 10 mags through everything, 200 each through shotguns inventory the ammo stash and fill mags
Inventory food and water stores

Side note: one of the less savory looking neighbors saw my gun cases and asked if they were guitars.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top