What did you do today to prep?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by coctailer, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Heyjoe

Heyjoe
    Idaho
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Enjoyed my first chance at firing select fire weapons.:D

Completed Idaho enhanced cwp training.:D 20180505_170144.jpg

2. DuneHopper

DuneHopper
    *(2x+1)^4
    Civility is a two way street. Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Gathered extra computer parts,

3. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775
    NW Oregon
    VINCE AUT MORIRE Silver Supporter

Hounded 13 pounds of brass
    Busted caps
    Worked on a 2m yagi antenna.
    Participated in a 2m simplex voice net and a 6m digital net.

nammac likes this.
  4. TeacherSmurf

TeacherSmurf
    S. Oregon
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

I am working on recommendations for emergency dismissal from school. We had an issue today where we had to dismiss early and contact all the parents. The main issue was that once we were outside, in a location other than where we go for fire drills, all the classes got mixed together. Once students found out they were getting out early, it was difficult to wrangle them. There were also families that could have had multiple students checked off at once, but check out was set up so that each student had to be checked off as an individual.

5. Pete F

Pete F
    St Helens, Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

They can organize rallies for safer schools and against the Second Amendment, but can't be trusted to stay in one place? Kind of like herding cats.

Good luck on the recommendations. Every parent/guardian has different situations to deal with - no one is the same. It sounds like something that needed done a while ago with parent/guardian input.

Taco_lean, nammac and CountryGent like this.
  6. TeacherSmurf

TeacherSmurf
    S. Oregon
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

7-12 being told, at the end of second period, that they're one phone call away from freedom on a nice day. That's about right.

I think the main "problem" is we are a decent sized small town. Everyone thinks small town and half the people are related to each other one way or another (and a few ways I didn't want to know about) that we don't have some "big city" procedures in place. But we are also not quite small enough that you can just yell down main street that school is closed and all the parent's show up within 10 minutes.

CountryGent and nammac like this.
  7. CountryGent

CountryGent
    Southern Oregon
    Moderator Staff Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

I ordered a couple of books; one on large-scale water storage, the other on defensive revolvers. I also obtained canned goods and continued plowing through reading material. So, pretty standard stuff, but it is good to be moving forward a little bit each day. :)

nammac and TeacherSmurf like this.
  8. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer
    Portland
    Completely Out of Ammo Bronze Supporter

I took some time off from my usual ten hour a day work slave schedule to do another movie.

9. Angie

Angie
    Reno, NV

This doesn't really answer your question, but last year, I began printing all student rosters with addresses and phone number contacts for my emergency evac packet. I also hand printed any allergy and medical conditions each student has and if any other people are authorized to pick up. I did this because we don't keep hard copies of emergency cards anymore. The computers will always work. :rolleyes: If the power goes out we have generators :rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just watched it last weekend, good job Burt!

CountryGent and notazombie like this.
  11. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Constitutionalist Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Today, received the MK-Tek kydex holster for the 686 Plus... Fits the 686 well enough, and of course fits me well enough too... Has retention adjustments as well as can’t and carry height adjustments. I think it’s well worth the cost. Perhaps I’ll try appendix carry :eek:

23874FB2-3D64-434D-9C9B-82A9C97679C3.jpeg 616045DD-90C6-4754-A000-6D6E118E1657.jpeg

12. Timbertodd

Timbertodd
    Aloha
    Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Planted the last 3 beds of green beans! Looks like Im going to be canning later this summer.

Angie and nammac like this.
  13. SIG34

SIG34
    Lynnwood WA

10 cases of water ! Add to storage

Angie likes this.
  14. CountryGent

CountryGent
    Southern Oregon

Woohoo, books came in. The one on water storage has got me and the better half thinking about summer projects. :)
    books.jpg

P7id10T, Angie and Certaindeaf like this.
  15. Taco_lean

Taco_lean
    SW WA
    Well-Known Member 2018 Volunteer

I bought a couple thousand more rounds of target 9mm and .223. + 500 mk262 and 100 9mm HST.

I have been dry firing a few times a week, practicing "up drills" dry, with a weighted rifle, and working on CCW draw from concealment with a par timer app.

Working out and dry firing with the PC on. I got the second plate (got a good deal on an ar500 advanced lightweight shooters cut for the front) and got everything positioned and padded.

Went shooting last weekend with it on. It is going to be a lot of work to get used to shooting with it there. Also nedd to add a camle back or similar ASAP for summer. Hot!

Angie likes this.
  16. Hop Sing

Hop Sing
    Yamhill County
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Got the lion's share of the garden in.

17. CountryGent

CountryGent
    Southern Oregon

Odds'n'ends again. Making a little progress each day.
    • Acquired some canned goods (e.g., canned Bega cheese, tinned corn beef) and dried meat (jamón).
    • The better half bought another canned goods organizer. They are really helping organize the canned goods stockpile.
    • Pressed forward on the 01FFL project (e.g., checked LLC filing, paperwork, Internet site, PO Box, et. al.). I hope to have everything off to the ATF the end of this week or the start of the next.
    • Started another ebook. I just wrapped up yet another one on Cascadia, so I shifted to another topic.
    • Prepared (e..g, paint, label, etc.) another couple ammo cans for storage.

pdempsey1097 and MasterChief1 like this.
  18. OldTengu

OldTengu
    East Multnomah county

Thanks for the tip. Put several mags of american gunner through successfully after polish.

Taco_lean and nammac like this.
  19. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Constitutionalist Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Happy to hear it worked out well for you!

Taco_lean likes this.
  20. HB of CJ

HB of CJ
    42.17N -123.64W ?

First attempt of helping a fellow Old Coot in inventorying the huge and vast amounts of various ammo. Not only does this Old Coot, (whom I am only assisting here!) not know how much he has; ... but also he does not know where it all is! Yikes!

A somewhat comfy position to be in. :)

Certaindeaf, Taco_lean and nammac like this.