JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bought approximately 500 rounds of 223 and 1000 rounds of 9MM. Got a good deal.

I'm figuring out how to stash preps for a small apartment. I only have one closet in my apartment and it is pretty small (Probably 3x6.5). I have one Sterilite container I bought at Walmart that has a pack of water, 10 MRE type meals, and some first aid supplies. I want to preferably have about 2-3 weeks worth of food and water to bug in in case of SHTF but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to do that with what limited space I have.

Bought approximately 500 rounds of 223 and 1000 rounds of 9MM. Got a good deal.

I'm figuring out how to stash preps for a small apartment. I only have one closet in my apartment and it is pretty small (Probably 3x6.5). I have one Sterilite container I bought at Walmart that has a pack of water, 10 MRE type meals, and some first aid supplies. I want to preferably have about 2-3 weeks worth of food and water to bug in in case of SHTF but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to do that with what limited space I have.

Under the bed is your friendo_O

I worried about which guns I should buy for when SHTF.
Stick with common calibers: 9mm, .45 ACP, 5.56mm/.223, 7.62mm/.308.

All of this .300 Blackout, 5.7 mm crap is going to get people killed post-SHTF. Where are they going to find the ammo (unless they have at least 5000 rounds stored. Jim Rawles at Survivalblog recommends 10,000 rounds per rifle)?

Gun manufacturers have marketed these "zippedy do-da" calibers like soda pop, for all the Mall Ninjas out there who "want to have fun shooting."

Attended an evening lecture at OMSI recently, given by the current director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center. By the time the lecture was finished, many of us in the audience realized how softball all the information was, where this scientist stated that complete summer ice melt in the Arctic was still 20-30 years away (a convenient, "don't worry" time-frame), when many other peer-reviewed researchers are suggesting we could have an ice-free summer arctic by 2020 (Even NSIDC's own data is alarming). After two objective comments/questions, I wanted to chime-in myself, but didn't want to make a scene in front of the wife.

After getting home, we discovered that this organization's funding all comes from the federal gov't., so of course he's going to come to Portland (the heart of eco-activism, BTW) with softball propaganda.

When this event occurs, not good. For a small sample, check out the 2010 Russian heat wave and its effects on global grain supply/prices:

2010 Northern Hemisphere summer heat waves - Wikipedia

Last Edited:
I am a decent shot, and I got body armor, but I can't picture burning 10,000 rds without catching a bullet.

And even if I do survive that many gunfights, I will scavange gear from whoever I kill.

Logical.

That's my same attitude towards fancy gear and equipment (better training and tactics trumps gear. In my case, trained by Vietnam Vets at the US Army's Jungle Warfare School, for starters), although more recently I've been spending money on PVS-14's and NV-compatible red-dot sights.

Started running again about two months ago. Been walking, calisthenics, and lifting weights every day while here in Idaho, did 5 miles up Chink Peak, about two of it barefoot to build up calluses. Except for some blisters and mild stiffness, I feel good.
Since I weighed in at my Dr a month ago, and stepping on a balance beam yesterday, I'm down 13 lbs, another 30 to go.

Seems this thread is getting much less love with Sgt Nambu gone.....
:(

I bought 3 more cases of water, picked up some .38 and .357, and ordered a Tipton Gun Butler to aid in cleaning and light maintenance for my long guns.

Got my green thumb on with some new projects.
Built a vine trellis and planted two grape vines.
New asparagus raised garden planted a week ago popping crowns all over.
Looking forward to rewards next year.

Acquired some spare tiny Glock parts that are easy to spro-in-g-g-g into oblivion such as the striker retaining cups and that darn striker safety spring, AND one of those Glock 33 round magazines, so I can wave it at Diane Feinstein's picture, like a magic wand, chanting: "Get thee behind me demon!" :eek:

Started running again about two months ago. Been walking, calisthenics, and lifting weights every day while here in Idaho, did 5 miles up Chink Peak, about two of it barefoot to build up calluses. Except for some blisters and mild stiffness, I feel good.
Since I weighed in at my Dr a month ago, and stepping on a balance beam yesterday, I'm down 13 lbs, another 30 to go.

Get after it!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top