JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Hummer, your comment definitely got me thinking. Thanks for that. Its a Generac, one of the few American-made generators on the market. The manual recommends draining the fuel if storing (unused) for more than 30 days. My thought was that if I use stabilized gas and run it for an hour every month, it would be fine. I may need to rethink that.

Im unfortunately guilty of this sometimes and then it becomes a huge project:( working on not buying more than I need and keeping inventory!
I am still working on reorganizing all my stuff from all the tote bins my daughter stuff randomly with my stuff.

I also bought ten more tote bins from costco, to put my stuff in. I might have enough now.

I've been keeping my eyes open for snow camo recently.

I did get snow camo gloves, a balaclava and a beanie. But I didn't get a suit/coat/etc., yet, in part because Midway didn't have what I wanted in my size (2XL tall).

I don't get snow very often, I didn't think I would get any more this year, but then...

1677191374221.png

It will probably all melt before my order gets here, but still, I might as well get some now, so I ordered some coveralls from Midway since they finally had my size and on sale.

Not that I hunt anymore, and snow isn't common, but when it does snow, snow camo is much better than woodland green camo or ODG, which is pretty much what everything else is that I have. If SHTF at least I will have appropriate camo for snow.

@Hummer, your comment definitely got me thinking. Thanks for that. Its a Generac, one of the few American-made generators on the market. The manual recommends draining the fuel if storing (unused) for more than 30 days. My thought was that if I use stabilized gas and run it for an hour every month, it would be fine. I may need to rethink that.
My Generac is run dry before it goes into storage. As well as my Honda generator. I do not use ethenol gas, only non ethenol.

Cooked up 6 packages of knorr cheddar broccoli rice with 1.5lbs of broccoli and 1.5 costco rotisserie chickens deboned and shredded.

Got them going on the freeze dryer...

Bought some second hand paper maps in case an EMP attack fries all my electronics...and I need to get out of the dodge.
Bought an electrical live line detector from a FD auction back East to help me avoid fallen live lines when on foot.

Bought some second hand paper maps in case an EMP attack fries all my electronics...and I need to get out of the dodge.
Bought an electrical live line detector from a FD auction back East to help me avoid fallen live lines when on foot.
I have never gotten away from paper maps (love the 7½-minute USGS quads) and a Brunton or a Silva compass/inclinometer.

The live line indicator thingy is kinda cool...

I'm a paper map and compass guy as well. I like that with a paper map you get a bigger picture when unfolded and spread out on the hood of the truck. With a paper map I use a manual zoom feature called "put your readers on". :)

I'm a paper map and compass guy as well. I like that with a paper map you get a bigger picture when unfolded and spread out on the hood of the truck. With a paper map I use a manual zoom feature called "put your readers on". :)
It's funnier in person……But…
Years ago I actually tried zooming in on a magazine page by spreading my index and middle finger over image. It was an instinct and habit. I'll never forget and my family won't either.

In my opinion survival these days depends more on getting good information than anything else. I read and study because it's always out there what the greatest risk is. Knowing what the risk is helps defeat our worst enemy, fear.

Millions have died in the last three years because they got bad information. Many more are going to die that just didn't research before they acted. The information is out there.

Using the train derailment as an example of people not taking personal responsibility for their own survival, went though my two giant tubs. One labeled Water, the other Air. In the Air supplies there is everything from a house filter/fan setup to real gas masks. No, not the face diapers people are still wearing which are useless virtue signaling. Real, covering the eyes and tight, miltary grade.

All Israeli citizens are required to own a full face REAL gas mask/filter. Not to add to unreasonable fear, but lets just admit now the corporation (some call it a country) doesn't care about us at all.

Take precautions for yourself in any situation like this because no one is coming to save you.

Last Edited:
I went out into the garage (where the reloading bench is). I was debating if I should clean up a bit and get to it (reload some bullets).

Nah......it's just too cold for that. Maybe, next week? LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads