JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmm dang, yeah I got out of high school weighing about 215-220 pretty fit. Thanks to wrestling. I got up to 310 a few months back, heaviest I've ever been in my life. I said that's it! No more. I've been cutting weight lackadaisically for about 2-3 months, I'm going double down starting end of Jan, on it and slowly changing daily habits for lasting change. Working towards a healthy lifestyle. I'm now about 295ish so making progress.
Me too…. 6'2" 220-230 I showed up for wrestling because I was good at it in regular PE early high school. But I got kicked out of weights class for being high…. Same coach for wrestling. So I got good at tennis. Did wonders for my after party game.

I want to blame recovery….college degree…..marriage…. Adopting children …. Home ownership and new vocation….COVID….But all I can blame is that stinking sweet tooth that my grandpa poked at when I was little. I didn't know we had teeth in our tummies??????

Feel like stuff has slowed down a bit. And I only get closer to the other side of the grass. I'd rather be around as much as possible for my family.

I have to take it slow physically at first…. I'm strong in spiritual battle… I train hard everyday.
Congratulations to you my friend, keep it up. Your gonna do great!

Last Edited:
Split and stacked firewood.
Tomorrow I have chiro.
I have about 1-2 weeks worth of wood left. Might get me to the end of Feb. Today was a nice warmish day.
Our power company PSE cut down 3 giant trees in our yard a few weeks ago…. Free and bucked it up too. So it's calling my name already.
I still have 2 cords of yellow cedar I think….. I just tip a guy I know $100 to drop logs on the property… at least 5 cords. But random stuff because he runs a tree business, we just take what he offers. Usually fir. Little bit of madrona once…. Strain the splitter. The house we bought has oil heat only installed. 500 gal tank of diesel. That's gonna change real quick.

Our power company PSE cut down 3 giant trees in our yard a few weeks ago…. Free and bucked it up too. So it's calling my name already.
I still have 2 cords of yellow cedar I think….. I just tip a guy I know $100 to drop logs on the property… at least 5 cords. But random stuff because he runs a tree business, we just take what he offers. Usually fir. Little bit of madrona once…. Strain the splitter. The house we bought has oil heat only installed. 500 gal tank of diesel. That's gonna change real quick.
Not many madronas where I live now, but plenty on the bays in and around Bremerton, WA where I used to live.. I couldn't imagine trying to split even with a PTO or gas splitter. That's some hard wood.

I'm in recovery also. And now over weight is the issue I'm working on. I'm 6'3" and about a year and a half ago I was 310#'s now I around 280 and still have a ways to go. Part of my weight gain is because I've always worked hard and played hard. Now in my mid 60's I don't bounce anymore, I thud and it hurts. But I kept eating like I used to with out the work/play hard. So I got an active dog to keep entertained and eat half portions. I do the best I can to lead an active life style but some days are easier than others when everything hurts.

Edited to add: I heat with wood only so that is part of my active lifestyle.

I had one madrona that died so I dropped it and then cut it up. Hard wood.

I have maybe 5-10 cords left on the back acreage that I just started cutting into last year. I plan/hope to sell the property this year so unless it looks like I am not going to sell, I won't be cutting/splitting wood this year. It is a hassle for me with my bad back. I can't get to it during the winter as the dirt road is too slippery/muddy during the winter.

Most of my wood is maple, cottonwood and some fir.

Edited to add: I heat with wood only so that is part of my active lifestyle.
That is about the only "exercise" I get. I split until my back hurts, take a break until it doesn't, then repeat and rinse. Depending on the weather I can split/stack 3-6 days of firewood in a day (usually takes about an hour of actual work, spread out over the afternoon).

Took advantage of a rain check, got 18lbs of 80% hamburger meat for just under $40, cooking up 6lbs to freeze dry, have another 12lbs from the last sale, half will be freeze dried as hamburger, the rest as taco meat...

From raw form the weight was taken and then cooked, freeze dried, and bagged. 12lbs taco meat, 6lbs ground beef, 2 costco rotisserie chickens deboned and chunk form, and 1 gallon of corn...

Made a total of 5, gallon sized mylar bags worth...

From raw form the weight was taken and then cooked, freeze dried, and bagged. 12lbs taco meat, 6lbs ground beef, 2 costco rotisserie chickens deboned and chunk form, and 1 gallon of corn...

Made a total of 5, gallon sized mylar bags worth...
Fortunate one….Jealous.
I've considered making a freeze drier…. The scale would be small but doable. Really small but I already have the Refer and vacuum equipped. Fab something up from spare parts.
Maybe easier to side work enough $$ to buy one.
I've yet to google how to debone a bird….

Do you have a total weight reduction?

Fortunate one….Jealous.
I've considered making a freeze drier…. The scale would be small but doable. Really small but I already have the Refer and vacuum equipped. Fab something up from spare parts.
Maybe easier to side work enough $$ to buy one.
I've yet to google how to debone a bird….

Do you have a total weight reduction?
My wife debones the chicken, the weight reduction is great, I will weigh out what about 6lbs (raw before cooked and freeze dried) weights bagged. Weighed the bag, overall weight is 1lb 5oz.

Lincoln City Sporting Goods has the best prices on Freeze Dryers and for about 100 more will have it shipped to your address and since purchased in Oregon, no sales tax...

My wife debones the chicken, the weight reduction is great, I will weigh out what about 6lbs (raw before cooked and freeze dried) weights bagged. Weighed the bag, overall weight is 1lb 5oz.

Lincoln City Sporting Goods has the best prices on Freeze Dryers and for about 100 more will have it shipped to your address and since purchased in Oregon, no sales tax...
Amazing weight reduction. If/when we get one I'm going to town with "experiments" to satisfy sweet tooth before I'd get down to business. I think of astronaut ice cream. Mountain house has the bars but spendy. Only got a few once when they were on sale.

Amazing weight reduction. If/when we get one I'm going to town with "experiments" to satisfy sweet tooth before I'd get down to business. I think of astronaut ice cream. Mountain house has the bars but spendy. Only got a few once when they were on sale.
If you ever get the chance, the freeze dried Sorbet ice creams are to die for! Haven't seen them for quite a while, but man, those were epic! Don't know if it's possible to make them at home, (and I don't know if you should tell me they can) but Damn!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top