JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got some new old stock NSA 50C water filters, a Berkey water filter and some ozone generators...all to be used for water filtration/sterilization, in different circumstances/scenarios. I think at this point I could turn even PortaPotty waste into safe drinking water...
How are you guys preparing in case city and bottled water becomes unavailable/unsafe?

Got some new old stock NSA 50C water filters, a Berkey water filter and some ozone generators...all to be used for water filtration/sterilization, in different circumstances/scenarios. I think at this point I could turn even PortaPotty waste into safe drinking water...
How are you guys preparing in case city and bottled water becomes unavailable/unsafe?
Been meanin' to build a purification still/set-up... just ain't gotten around to it yet... :s0092:

Went down to LnI , and bank to sign all paperwork for a new small business. Insurance and bonding.
An LLC
Prepping for employment crash…little more self sufficiency. Just in case and side work…. Client base for small jobs, home, appliance, and HVAC repairs. Maybe work a network of like minded folks.
Exciting…..

My wife and I have a little 'non-business' publishing our books. We had considered actually establishing an LLC and real publishing company, but having to deal with some possible 'iffy' employees / applicants and their 'ways' made it undesirable. Didn't want to get sued because I wouldn't hire a freak.

My wife and I have a little 'non-business' publishing our books. We had considered actually establishing an LLC and real publishing company, but having to deal with some possible 'iffy' employees / applicants and their 'ways' made it undesirable. Didn't want to get sued because I wouldn't hire a freak.
Hiring people isn't mandatory! I think you're safe!

Nice….. just my wife and I 50/50…not looking for employees, I'd prefer to stay small.
I've done work for local residential owners and property management companies on and off for years. Get more work with licensing and insurance stuff. Really easy money in residential home repairs.
I still have a Seattle Union job….. it's a just in case measure and fun money.

I got some mud tires - real dedicated mud tires, the kind that are such that the tread is so deep you can't balance them - for my pickup.

They should work just fine for snow too, but this year being the exception, I just don't get that much snow.

I had been putting off getting mud tires, but I came across a deal I couldn't pass up.

Now I just need to get them mounted on the rims I have.

Eventually I will get some lockers too - but those are a bit spendy. One thing at a time.

I got some mud tires - real dedicated mud tires, the kind that are such that the tread is so deep you can't balance them - for my pickup.

They should work just fine for snow too, but this year being the exception, I just don't get that much snow.

I had been putting off getting mud tires, but I came across a deal I couldn't pass up.

Now I just need to get them mounted on the rims I have.

Eventually I will get some lockers too - but those are a bit spendy. One thing at a time.
I literally just got back from the tire shop having these mounted for the Willys! Cant wait to get them mounted on the Pickup and see how it looks!
1677892268081.png

I literally just got back from the tire shop having these mounted for the Willys! Cant wait to get them mounted on the Pickup and see how it looks!
View attachment 1376435
Nice.

These are what I got:

buckshot-mudder-b-1__55497.1671105892.jpg
In 15", about 31-32" - taller than the 16" ATs I have on the pickup now, but not was wide.

Only 9" wide, but that is more or less what I want. I don't want to have to lift the pickup to fit really tall & wide tires on it, but I do want something that is self cleaning. I am not going to do any serious deep mudding, I just wanted something that can handle a muddy FS type road, like the one on my back acreage - no serious ruts and certainly no mudholes, it just gets slick when it rains because it is pure dirt with no gravel - just a road the dozer made when I had that acreage logged.

I have some 16" rims I was going to put mudders on, but these will do just fine.

I want to get back there earlier in the spring and later in the fall, and not worry much about getting stuck just because it rained a bit.

Eventually I will get some new ATs for the street, but the used ones I have are safe enough to put a few more miles on them until then.

Went to the range, put a box of FMJ and a mag +1 of my current JHP through my new 1911 10mm long slide...

Nice little snap, solid and smooth, some partial mag dumps with decent grouping even with the low light...

Definitely loving 10mm

50 gallon drums under the gutters in both locations and some stock inside I rotate. Multiple style filters which is the easy part as I get out in the woods and use them as well.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top