JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you ever get the chance, the freeze dried Sorbet ice creams are to die for! Haven't seen them for quite a while, but man, those were epic! Don't know if it's possible to make them at home, (and I don't know if you should tell me they can) but Damn!
In this case I wouldn't call ignorance bliss. "Do it, Do it, Do it" Whispers from the side

It appears I might get a refund on my EcoFlow power station.

They wanted to send me a refurb, and were resistant on the refund because it had been more than 30 days, but I pointed out that the two systems I had spent more time in transit and at the repair facility than they had at my house working - so the rep "escalated" and now thinks maybe I will get a refund if I pay $30 shipping and a 2.5% credit card fee. I said okay - I figure it is better than getting another unit and going thru the working then not working cycle yet again.

I don't know how well their systems work as a battery backup, I never used it as that, but I can say they don't seem to work as an always on UPS that they advertise.

I am thinking I will maybe make my own manual backup system. I bought two 100ah LiFePO4 batteries from a NWFA member, and I got a Li battery charger. I don't mind manually hooking it up if the power goes out, and it would provide longer power during an outage than the EF unit. I can put the SL on the APC UPS I have and if power goes out for longer than an hour then I use the batteries with an inverter. It would last almost ten times as long as the power station anyway. At least with a home made solution, I know what is working and what isn't, instead of a black box that just goes dead and tells me nothing about why it is dead.

I learned my lesson; next time I will buy from Amazon (much better return policies) and I will buy one of the more well known brands (e.g. Jackery or Bluetti) and explore their sub-Reddits before I buy anything.

Found costco had eggs back in stock, got 10 dozen, 5 to freeze dry (running now) and 5 dozen for my wife. 3 costco chickens deboned and shredded, ready for next freeze dryer run.

Crushed and washed the 5 dozen egg shells and have them drying on the dehydrator, will make them into an eggshell powder later...

Last Edited:
Found costco had eggs back in stock, got 10 dozen, 5 to freeze dry (running now) and 5 dozen for my wife. 3 costco chickens deboned and shredded, ready for next freeze dryer run.

Crushed and washed the 5 dozen egg shells and have them drying on the dehydrator, will make them into an eggshell powder later...
What do you use eggshell powder for!?

It appears I might get a refund on my EcoFlow power station.
I did get a refund.

I also got my Lancer AR15 mags delivered today,

I split the last of the firewood. Might last a week. Supposed to get colder and snow a bit this next week. I may wait until after that happens to use the last firewood. Never know if we are going to get dumped on and lose power.

What do you use eggshell powder for!?

It can be used for many things but it can be a very effective calcium supplement.

SHTF, if you not getting as good an food intake, it may be necessary take some supplements.

Also good for other things like gardening.

24hrs later, machine thinks it's done and is on its extra dry time, will powder the freeze dried raw egg in the morning and package it up...

Monthly generator run. My neighbor claimed to have one, still in the box. He didn't want to hassle with learning how to use it until it was needed. Bet he never even read the manual. Dude...if you just run it once a month and keep the tank full, its ready and you're ready. He probably didn't even have a can of gas in the garage - lawn service mowed their grass and blew their leaves around. They moved back to LA last year...

I am thinking I will maybe make my own manual backup system. I bought two 100ah LiFePO4 batteries from a NWFA member, and I got a Li battery charger. I don't mind manually hooking it up if the power goes out, and it would provide longer power during an outage than the EF unit. I can put the SL on the APC UPS I have and if power goes out for longer than an hour then I use the batteries with an inverter. It would last almost ten times as long as the power station anyway. At least with a home made solution, I know what is working and what isn't, instead of a black box that just goes dead and tells me nothing about why it is dead.

Mylar bagged 15lbs of ground beef, 1 garlic and herb shredded costco chicken, and 5 dozen raw eggs freeze dried...

Getting ready to run 3 more shredded costco chickens and a lot more ground beef.

Got a couple hundred beef bullion cubes to help with flavor to reconstitute the ground beef and such...

Odds'n'ends:

• Another canned good and hygiene supply order in the pipeline.
  • Ordered 500-rounds of .30 Carbine for the hungry carbines requiring said feeding.
  • Mapped out plans with my life sidekick on grounds improvement / wildfire preps for when the weather stops sucking.
  • Looked for some parts on a rifle that should be coming in the next few weeks. (So far successfully avoided a couple different wacky ideas to go with this one.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top